• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Escanor vs Hashirama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden Void said:
There's also the fact that even Naruto and Sasuke after their god-amps were afraid of falling in lava, Mei melting Sasuke's Susanoo ribcage with lava/boil release, Naruto burning through the god tree....heat based objects in the Narutoverse are lethal lol
And again it is PIS/Authors not knowing what they are doing that happens with any verse. And I dont know why this is being brought up. Escanor's attacks is just a powerful fireball nothignmore or less. It is something seen countless times by Hashirama.

RavenSupreme said:
Thats all? Its just robbing people of their sight, which is by the way nothing any NNT character need, since they can sense presences for hundreds of miles.

Gowther has actual mind twist. Not an illusion which robs someone of just their sight.
How does that matter it is still a mind hsx based ability that needs to be resisted. And Escanor has never shown the ability to sense people at long ranges as far as I am aware. It is useful for stopping escanor from seeing his wooden attacks anyway(like the wood dragon which would just suck up his energy upon touching him).

Frantzy12 said:
@Raven
Don't even mind that technique since Hashirama will only use wood style in character.
Oh boy the incharacter statement has made its appearance always to be used agains tNaruto characters and always to ignore context as to why certain abilities are not used.

Yeah that is why he used it in the manga against Hiruzen.

Hashirama has fought - Hiruzen who has no specific mind resistance so he wouls use it.

Against Madara ( EMS) absolutely useless.

Against Rinnengan users even more useless ofcourse he would not use it. It is called logical thinking. hashirama is extremely smart another thing he has above Escanor(not saying he is stupid before anyone jumps down my throat.)

@Rocker

Yes indeed he used it once and every other appearance he used wood style and literally nothing else.

Rocker1189 said:
RavenSupreme said:
Thats all? Its just robbing people of their sight, which is by the way nothing any NNT character need, since they can sense presences for hundreds of miles.

Gowther has actual mind twist. Not an illusion which robs someone of just their sight.
How does that matter it is still a mind hsx based ability that needs to be resisted. And Escanor has never shown the ability to sense people at long ranges as far as I am aware.
Because the way you formulated your argument I was expecting for Hashirama to have an actual mindtwisting ability. This is a mere low level Illusion. Escanor has on panel withstood an actual Mindtwist. To further expand on that: Hashiramas attack does not leave Escanor without the means to act and react. It does not trap him inside his mind. It is not an attack which targets Escanor on a level separate from the real world the fight takes place. It simply is an Illusion.

What Escanor resisted was an attack which targeted the mind to such an extent that he would be separated from the actual body in the real world. It would trap him so that he has no means to act and react with his body.

The fact that Hashiramas profile also doesnt say "mind manipulation" makes this just a tad bit more clear.

Mindtwisting Escanor is not an option in this fight. To win he may has to rely on other means, if he has.

RegisNex1232 said:
Gotta go with Escanor for what others have said. Haven't seen anything base Hashirama can do to match him.
Apart from drain his energy to nothing with wooden constructs.

Has a MASSIVE range advantage. several kilometers>>>> hundreds of meters.

Has genjutsu.

Has wooden clones that are exactly like him.

Put him to sleep.

Yeah he can do nothing.

RavenSupreme said:
Because the way you formulated your argument I was expecting for Hashirama to have an actual mindtwisting ability. This is a mere low level Illusion. Escanor has on panel withstood an actual Mindtwist. To further expand on that: Hashiramas attack does not leave Escanor without the means to act and react. It does not trap him inside his mind. It is not an attack which targets Escanor on a level separate from the real world the fight takes place. It simply is an Illusion.

What Escanor resisted was an attack which targeted the mind to such an extent that he would be separated from the actual body in the real world. It would trap him so that he has no means to act and react with his body.

The fact that Hashiramas profile also doesnt say "mind manipulation" makes this just a tad bit more clear.

Mindtwisting Escanor is not an option in this fight. To win he may has to rely on other means, if he has.
And that is again where you completely missed the mark as to my point of his mind hax. It was always simply to distract him. Without it he can not see Hashirama's attacks even if he could sense him they can all move and can come from multiple directions.

Frantzy12 said:
@Rocker
Yes indeed he used it once and every other appearance he used wood style and literally nothing else.
Read what context means and why he has not used it as I explained above.

Pretty sure Escanor can resist Genjutsu. I mean shit, I know Mind Hax in general is overhyped but especially Genjutsu.

Escanor resisted and negated mindtwist several levels above what Hashirama has shown, as such his illusion is resisted and negated as well. Thats pretty simple VSbattle logic.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Pretty sure Escanor can resist Genjutsu. I mean shit, I know Mind Hax in general is overhyped but especially Genjutsu.
Yeah pretty sure is not going to cut it you have to prove it. And what can he do against energy draning wooden contructs.

RavenSupreme said:
Escanor resisted and negated mindtwist several levels above what Hashirama has shown, as such his illusion is resisted and negated as well. Thats pretty simple VSbattle logic.
It is not several levels Hashiramas genjutsu is several levels above one that worked on thousands of people.

Or is mind hax suddenly now based on what the mind hax works and not what number of people it is superior to.

Lol at "context",Hashirama is only known for his wood style I don't even know why your bring up a low level illusion technique against someome who can resist the likes of Gowther.

Hashirama doing anything outside of wood style as a 1st move is nonsense in character.

Just link me Hashiramas best Mindtwisting feat then.

Edit: Of course Mindhax is also determined by against who it works against. Simiilar to how AOE does not equalize AP.

Frantzy12 said:
Lol at "context",Hashirama is only known for his wood style I don't even know why your bring up a low level illusion technique against someome who can resist the likes of Gowther.
Hashirama doing anything outside of wood style as a 1st move is nonsense in character.
He wont use it as a first move, he would not need to anyway, The start 4km away from each other. It is only for distractions. His wooden clones would drain Escanor and have it over with easily.

I find the idea of an illusion capable of affecting kage's being low level stupid beyond belief.

Also, are we assuming he will simply do something over and over whitout stopping for even a moment to use strategy? There is being in character and being an idiot

Rocker1189 said:
RavenSupreme said:
Just link me Hashiramas best Mindtwisting feat then.
I have he mind twsited Hiruzen who resisted a mind twist that put thousands of people to sleep.
What mindtwist resistance did Hiruzen has? Or these 1000 of people?

Either way, I see you are convinced that your approach on the fight is the correct one. And that your assessment of the result is correct as well.

As such I suggest we stop this endless back and forth.

Please someone start to count the votes.

What mindtwist resistance did Hiruzen has? Or these 1000 of people?

Rather good, as any decent ninja can break illusions and even sakura could do it.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I find the idea of an illusion capable of affecting kage's being low level stupid beyond belief.

Also, are we assuming he will simply do something over and over whitout stopping for even a moment to use strategy? There is being in character and being an idiot
Yeah as usual in debates we make Naruto characters stupid idiots without strategy that do exactly what they do in every fight without thinking strategically (like they always do butscrew thier intelligence right).

You know what this wiki should just change the Naruto characters Intelligence to: completely dumb can only spam what they have been shown to do in the manga are just robots with no thought. It just disgusts me.

Even worse when used against strategy based characters.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I sense a salt.
That is what happens when the same stupid argument is made in every single thread. You know what they really should just ban Naruto characters from versus threads. Since people would vote against them with no reasoning anyway apart from (they have this abilitie but in character they wouldnever ever use it because we said so).

RegisNex1232 said:
Your debating isn't that great either, when you have given zero evidence to back up your argument and quickly dismissing any counter arguments.
Reread my comments then say that I give zero reasoning behind my arguments:

" Escanor's flames are not that hot that they would instantly burn 6-B wood(They have only outright burned people in the 7-B range so it would hurt if he gets within several meters of Hashirama). Wood dragon can just suck out his energy. All he really has is power. Hashirama can easily put him to sleep with Pollen and he can easily tank Escanor's heat with his wooden clones as shown when his wood golem caught a Bijju bomb in its hand with no issues. Hashirama has the versatility, hax and skill advantage while all Escanor has going for him is power(as shown in the manga). Hashirama can also make indistiguisable wooden clones for distraction and they can all use his abilities.

If Escanor gets to The One at any point(dont know whether that is allowed). He would be ridiculously strong(and would easily one shot any of Hashirama's wooden attacks). But even then Hashirama can easily outlast the 1 minute of escanor's dominance with clones and the Rashomongates can block any of Escanor's cruel suns(if that can be used as The One). Or at least slow them down.

Finally I dont know how Hashirama's Bringer of Darkness technique would work agains Escanor. If it forces him to go into his night form. Then Hashirama easily takes this. If not it is stil a powerful genjutsu ( Escanor has mind resistance but I dont think it is only the level that Hashirama himself can not beat).

Overall Hashirama 7.5/10. If Escanor is allowed to reach The One (if the fight lasts that long) then 6/10 Hashirama."

No reasoning here

"Apart from drain his energy to nothing with wooden constructs.

Has a MASSIVE range advantage. several kilometers>>>> hundreds of meters.

Has genjutsu.

Has wooden clones that are exactly like him.

Put him to sleep.

Yeah he can do nothing."

Non here either

" Why wouldn't you need fire resistance?? unless you have some heat resistance feats for Hashirama he gets 1 shot by a flame based attack. "

But this is 100% great reasoning.

Rocker1189 said:
And again it is PIS/Authors not knowing what they are doing that happens with any verse. And I dont know why this is being brought up. Escanor's attacks is just a powerful fireball nothignmore or less. It is something seen countless times by Hashirama.
I wouldn't call recurring events PIS, also Pakura could literally boil the liquids out of random shinobi alliance jonin, who are town level.

You could make the argument that some fire-based jutsu are chakra infused, but that doesn't really help the case here since Escanor has the AP advantage.

Also, that's a massive understatement and lowball of Escanor's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back