• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Escanor Speed Revision.

Escanor's "sun attack" (used against Dolor and Glox) basically releases the radiation that it absorbs from HIM, which is basically a sunlight.

According to this article, sunlight travels at the speed of light, hence Escanor should be upgraded.

Of course, I don't mean that his physical speed should be upgraded, just the speed of that attack. Similar to this :

"Speed: Hypersonic+ normally, Lightspeed with Celestial Flash"

Yeah....I don't think so. I find it too big of a gap from the series. Plus, Escanor's attack is heat energy that is stored from his body then released, which is entirely seperate from light.

he attacked with the sun, the light and heat given of may have lightspeed but the "object" that he threw at esterossa is the sun...

Kkapoios said:
His attack didn't seem to act like light so there is no reason for an upgrade.

It was directly stated to be comparable to the "sun" itself.

The attack itslef also forced the combatants in the tourney to look away.

Apologies, I didn't specify it well enough. The radiation that the sun emits is also released at the speed of light.

If we believe that Escanor DID release radiation at that point in time, then we can't disregard how the Sun's normally is released at the speed of light.

We know basic physics, of course electromagnetic radiation (photons) travel at the speed of light.But the sun thing Escanor created isn't light, it's a solid constract that can be thrown so by no means it should be assumed that it moves at the speed of light. (pretty much what GreatestSin said)

Kkapoios said:
We know basic physics, of course electromagnetic radiation (photons) travel at the speed of light.But the sun thing Escanor created isn't light, it's a solid constract that can be thrown so by no means it should be assumed that it moves at the speed of light. (pretty much what GreatestSin said)

Kk, I am not referring to the object that he threw at Esta. I am referring to the events that happened in Chapter 170, where Escanor released the radiation that his Sacred Treasure absorbs. I am glad that you know basic physics, and by that standard, the radiation that he released is light speed.

Stated to be immense heat energy here.

We don't treat blasts of energy as automatically being at the speed of light, see Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats.

Also, nothing has really been confirmed about his "sun" power that was shown in the recent chapter, other than that it is hot enough to melt armor off the bodies of the people around it.

^as far as i understood predator he wasnt talking about the sun itself but about the heat and light it gives of, imo it seems useful adding it as a note for his attack speed...

He was talking about two separate instances, one when Escanor struck Gloxinia/Dolor and in the recent chapters, when his power manifested as a ball sized orb that gives off tremendous heat.

The first is not usable as attack speed, again, because the rules I linked.

^yeah, that attack with a laserbeam... i thought he meant the heat that is given of by his mini-sun, could be rate that as LS?

^i wanted to use yamamoto as example because his bankai was emitting heat too but we never considered that as a attack speed :( but is there a possibility to use that feat for Environmental Destructive Capacity?

Alakabamm said:
Not anymore so that a regular fire based attack, no
Escanor incinerated Izraf back in Edinburgh, which was classified and treated as if it was Radiation , of course. I don't know what the article is to prove, since the topic doesn't circulate around a beam or such - rather, it's about the speed of radiation, which the above calculation calculated to be City+. Like @GreatestSin said, it should at least be noted on his profile.

No it should not, again. Regular fire releases radiation. That is why you can see it and why it changes colors.

Alakabamm said:
No it should not, again. Regular fire releases radiation. That is why you can see it and why it changes colors.
I really don't know what your point with regular fire releasing radation is to prove - the radiation that it releases is not on a scale that is actually note-worthy. By the same standards, though, it should not be noted if a character has space-time manipulation, since humans can distort time / space to a minimal effect when they move (iirc, could be wrong). Again, Gara was noted to be LS due to a single attack being at that speed. If that is the case, then why is it so unreasonable to note Escanor on the same level, due to the VAST majority of his attack effects being fired off at such speed? Unlike the fire example that you showcased, it is actually on a note-worthy scale, considering that he has defeated Island level beings with it's use.

Of course, I'm not going to annoy you by continuing to reply and acting on redundancy, so you can close this thread if you want. I just had a single question though-

We have thus far established that the radiation that he emits is LS, which is a given. Estarossa managed to cover his entire body in the time it took to evaporate the lake. Could we not calculate that?

Probably because Gara is from Bastard!!!, which is already MFTL+ to a large degree.

And the main thing that does damage from his attacks is not radiation, it is the massive heat energy circulated by convection/conduction. There is no evidence that the light generated is the main damage dealer.

So Estarossa didn't block the light (aka the radiation). he blocked the attack itself (which would be much faster than conduction/convection of heat anyways).

Oh - so let me grasp your thinking for a second. Because the high tiers have showcased MFTL+ feats, then the low-tiers should scale to this as well? Wait what?

Could you elaborate on the last two points?

If a verse has already achieved several FTL feats, it makes light beams a more legitimate feat in and of itself. We don't just accept all beam or ray attacks as being lightspeed here, because that isn't always how they are portrayed in fiction.

I'm saying the light is not the main part of his attacks. Radiation is just an aftereffect.

Back