• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza Scarlet vs Lancer Diarmuid

Well this doesn't seem to be a good day for erza at all, especially after the death battle. I have to go for Lancer due to his noble phantasm being able to drop his opponent's health permanently for the entire match, as well as having the edge in speed as he can react to all of Erza's attacks. Sorry Erza.

I'd recommend speed equalized given that Lancer's combat speed is at least 3x Erza's.

With that in mind, I don't think Erza's going down with a fight though. She vastly exceeds him in terms of versatility, and since her Requip equips actual weapons and armor rather than magical constructs, Gae Daerg will only be a regular spear except against Erza's immaterial attacks.

In addition, she has the Nakagami Armor and the Wingblade Armor to keep Lancer on the ropes.

Gae Buidhe is a significant advantage, but Erza has a tendency to parry and block blows rather than take them head-on or try to absorb them with her armor.

I'm leaning towards Erza, high-difficulty.

Reppuzan said:
I'd recommend speed equalized given that Lancer's combat speed is at least 3x Erza's.

With that in mind, I don't think Erza's going down with a fight though. She vastly exceeds him in terms of versatility, and since her Requip equips actual weapons and armor rather than magical constructs, Gae Daerg will only be a regular spear except against Erza's immaterial attacks.

In addition, she has the Nakagami Armor and the Wingblade Armor to keep Lancer on the ropes.

Gae Buidhe is a significant advantage, but Erza has a tendency to parry and block blows rather than take them head-on or try to absorb them with her armor.

I'm leaning towards Erza, high-difficulty.
There's also the adamantine armor, where she'll try to block it, but the spear can pierce anythinh and curse someone's health last time I checked.

@Theglassman

Not sure where you got the pierce anything statement from, but Gae Buidhe's main property is its ability to inflict wounds that cannot be healed. The cannot be blocked property belongs to Gae Bolg's activation: The Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death.

@Theglassman

Gae Dearg only negates things magic related, and Gae Buidhe negates healing. I dunno where pierce anything comes from.

I dunno. Erza tends to switch to magic weapons and armors, the likes of elementals or the flying sword bikini with bladespam behind it. These are the types of things that will get noped by Gae Dearg iirc.

Hmm, this is pretty hard.

Gae Buidhe doesn't really pose a threat since Erza doesn't rely on any healing abilities and the fight will probably be over before she'll feel the effects of her wounds not healing. Diarmuid has a slight advantage in close combat cuz of Gae Dearg. Her armors will slowly break when making contact with the spear, but as Reppu said, it's unlike Erza to let her amor take the hit. She'll soon realize that the spear poses a good amount of danger and will either start dodging or keeping her distance.

She has the range advantage and Diarmuid will be trying to close in on her. This is where her flight advantage comes in. Diarmuid isn't willing to throw his spears since he will be left without a weapon and also he really doesn't like fighting with only one spear.

As long as Erza keeps a clear mind and keeps her distance, I believe she should take this.

Reppuzan said:
@Theglassman

Not sure where you got the pierce anything statement from, but Gae Buidhe's main property is its ability to inflict wounds that cannot be healed. The cannot be blocked property belongs to Gae Bolg's activation: The Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death.
I thought this lancer and fate/stay night lancer is the same? So I figured the piercing attack was applied to this lancer.

Theglassman12 said:
I thought this lancer and fate/stay night lancer is the same? So I figured the piercing attack was applied to this lancer.
Not the same person but they're both Irish :)

Theglassman12 said:
C├║ Chulainn (Fate/Stay Night) and Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (Fate/Zero) are different people.

wounds that cannot be healed is a non factor, since erza has no healing anyway.

the armor piercing spear may come as a surprise at first, but not so much later on. erza will most likely find that out in her base armor. she has plenty of unrestrictive armors. overall, the spears will be as plain as erza's katana's if she uses her bandage cloth for example.

@Ragazz

Gae Dearg only dispels magical constructs and abilities like Saber's armor, which is made from her own mana. Erza's armors are all physical items that she simply summons and equips in the midst of combat. Gae Daerg would have no effect against them. The only things I can imagine him using Gae Daerg's special ability against are against Erza's magical blasts and to pierce through the Adamantine Armor's forcefield.

The closest he's gotten to the "armor piercing" phenomenon outside of the Saber scenario was when he took down Lancelot's fighter jet. Even then, it was only because Lancelot had infected and reconfigured the entire plane with his Knight of Honor.

I just realized something, this is an unfair match for Lancer cause his durability isn't up to snuff with his AP.

Theglassman12 said:
I just realized something, this is an unfair match for Lancer cause his durability isn't up to snuff with his AP.
Yet he still managed to fight evenly and even outperform Saber even though she has an A rank Endurance under Kerry.

@Theglassman12

He still traded blows with her just fine and stabbed her hand with Gae Daerg.

He is very much a glass cannon, but he should be more than capable of keeping up with Erza.

Saber couldn't go all out because he severed her tendons with Gae Buidhe. Since it was impossible to heal it back, he pretty much rendered Excalibur useless.

@Reppzan

Gae Daerg (from its description) would actually affect erza's armours and weapons by nulliflying their enchantments when gae daerg was in contact with them.

Delta3000 said:
@Reppzan
Gae Daerg (from its description) would actually affect erza's armours and weapons by nulliflying their enchantments when gae daerg was in contact with them.
did it show the capability to nulify NB's?

@Delta

NP = Noble Phantasm

Gae Dearg has shown the ability to destroy magical items like Prelati's Spellbook and Lancelot's Fighter Jet since their magical lines were interwoven throughout.

However, I'm not sure if the same would work for Erza's armors, given that they're physical constructs rather than a magical furnace or an extremely modified fighter jet and lack the same specifications as the above two examples.

It'd probably kill the magic but leave the equipment as mundane metal, unless it has ridiculous power levels like Excalibur, that Gae Dearg was only able to temporarily disable parts of invisible air while on contact.

Gemmysaur said:
It'd probably kill the magic but leave the equipment as mundane metal, unless it has ridiculous power levels like Excalibur, that Gae Dearg was only able to temporarily disable parts of invisible air while on contact.
Saber's Invisible Air is not exactly tied to Excalibur. It's just Wind Magic creating a boundary field that refracts light to make the blade invisble and increase it's power. It's not the blade that creates said field, it's Saber.

I'd say the same would happen with Erza's armors. It'd chip away the magical protection everytime it makes contact, but not go right through it.

so disabling a tiny spot of armor which has some ability, wouldnt affect it much, unless its hit like 10 or more times in different places. still erza has plenty to requip to. no armor is good enough too.

I would say Lancer because of his precog and gae daerg being an effective counter for Erza's equipment; that and Erza's range and flight abilities are weak and rarely employed.

Back