• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will move my comments from the other thread here.

"Eru still resists 70% of what Vecna, can soul manipulation Vecna, and has a massive [...] intelligence advantage."

"I don't see 2-A mind hax on [his] page (I could be missing it). But what's to stop Eru from enslaving her soul, or breaking her Will with willpower manipulation."

"Her"

Jack is a dude

"willpower Manipulation"

Vecna has insane resistance to mind hax

"Soul"

Basic D&D magic can destroy souls

Vecna stomps

Vecna doesn't actually seem to resist soul manip. But that doesn't seem to be Eru's leading move anyway

D&D resists concept manip

Also pretty sure D&D also resists soul manip by like default.

D&D has soul stuff, anything with a saving throw stat (literally everything) can resist in some way. Vecna can resist the powers of Malcanthet who'd be a helluva lot higher tier succubi than Soneillon the Whispering Quee who has the default soul taint possession shit all succubi has. Mal is 4-D obviously but you get the comparison. Other soul spells taken up to 4-D level Vecna'd be able to resist would be Soul Bind, Soul Anchor, etc.

Gods can resist the abilities of other deities. Other deities have concept manip. You see the point.

How does Vecna deal with absorption (Not nullification, absorption)?

Also, does Vecna lead with existence erasure? Eru would, being omniscient.

To be clear- no D&D pages list full resistances as of yet, since the actual list is absurdly long and it would unironically be shorter to list what every character doesn't resist to some capacity. Apologies but I can provide sources on all of this if needed (it's all been provided before since Vecna and other deities get spammed so much).

MasterOfArda said:
How does Vecna deal with absorption (Not nullification, absorption)?
Also, does Vecna lead with existence erasure? Eru would, being omniscient.
he deals with them by straight up just saying no

Let's talk about Vecna. Aside from resisting every ability in D&D (both of those are in there), he's got the passive deific probability manipulation saying he goes first and his actions have the highest chance of success. All of his magic is based on him willing it and have 2-A range (as even demon lords who are < deities can affect things across the entire multiverse).

Vecna thinks first and wins. I'm not certain Eru has a win condition but I do know Vecna kills him before he kills Vecna.

Vecna laughs in DnD lore and calls it a day. @Arda Magnus the red and all the other DnD 2-C's and Blazblue says hello to Eru as well.

1. Vecna is a guy.

2. Vecna would probably never lead with time manip, unless it was like an enemy he was toying with, since literally any deity moves in stopped time and time is sorta just a thing that happens to other people in general. It's not that they can't, they'd have all the adventurer time abilities on their scale (Sepia Snake Sigil, Time Stop, Temporal Stasis, etc), it's just there isn't much a point.

3. Vecna'd lead with any number of things but mindhax is always a safe bet.

Literally across an infinite multiverse

If you mean, as in, effect, deities have been able to wipe memories, permanently control, cause insanity, inflict mental coma, etc etc etc.

What did he do to an infinite multiverse, like drive everyone insane, mind control, what?

And, did he do anything to anyone above Low 2-C?

Why couldn't Eru destroy the reality he is in? Or chould he not erase the concept of Vecna? He could also implement a concept like this: It is impossible for Vecna to exist." This would stop Vecna permenently. Plus, his Conceptual Manipulation is instantaneous, so he could do this before Vecna attacks.

Also, consider this. It is made clear that Time is tied to reality.

[Arda is] but a small realm in the halls of Eä, whose life is Time, which flows ever from the first note to the last chord of Eru''
Then darkness took me; and I strayed out of thought and time, and I wandered far on roads that I will not tell.
So reality obeys normal 3-D time, and the Void is outside of that. Sure, Vecna could move through the Void with infinite speed, but the Timeless Halls with Timeless from the perspective of the Void, making them a Higher-Dimension of sorts. This is the reason all the Ainur have Immeasurable speed.

Existed in the Timeless Halls, a place that transcended linear time and is best likened to a higher temporal dimension.
~ From the Ainur page's, the reason why the Ainur have Immeasurable speed.​
Now, Eru can't speed blitz because speed is equalized. But, why can't he use Higher-Dimensional Manipulation to trap Vecna in the Timeless Halls. Or, keep in mind that the pseudo-Time that the Timeless Halls obey comes from Eru. So he could stop 4-D time. While Vecna can resist a 3-D time stop, can he resist a 4-D time stop?

Vecna can just go to another reality? And why would that be in-character/faster than a thought?

Vecna resists Concept Manip scaling to other deities.

4-D isn't an issue for anyone in Tier 2 unless they're some form of smurf.

Literally every time manip is 4-D what even.

Closing this on the grounds that it is a stomp. Sorry Arda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back