• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So, this should be straightforward plus it's a downgrade so people are bound to agree.

Anyway, 9-Essence Paragons are currently High 1-B and 4th Step cultivators are 1-A. Now, 4th Step cultivators are fine since they scale to literally being 1-A concepts and all. However, 9-Essence level beings are High 1-B through scaling to Ancient Realm Meng Hao, who can control "countless" (in context infinite) spatial dimensions via the Essence/Dao of Space. Now, the issue here isn't that the feat itself isn't legitimate but that this is just hax done via slightly manipulating a 1-A Dao. It doesn't actually scale to their physicals and as such they should be downgraded.

This blog covers the proposed tiering of the 3rd Step.

TL;DR of tiers:

7-Essence to 8-Essence level cultivators: Low Multiverse level (Equivalent to the Avacaniya realm, which is described as being capable of making multiple universes manifest. Unfathomably superior to Quasi-3rd Step cultivators, who can warp the universe and space-time with their techniques and are repeatedly stated to be able to destroy the universe and Ecang, who's an existence on the same level as an entire universe. In the same realm as Vast Expanse Lifeforms such as Harmonious Morus Alba, a peak Avacaniya being, varying from being inferior to being comparable to it)

9-Essence level cultivators: Multiverse level (Comparable to Ancient Realm Meng Hao, who can shake the entire Vast Expanse. Said Vast Expanse being endless to beings that can hold universal space-times within themselves and containing countless vortexes large enough to hold these creatures. Are unfathomably superior to all other 3rd Step cultivators)

Quasi-4th Step cultivators: At least Multiverse level, likely Low Complex Multiverse level (On the level of the embodiment of the River of Time and can manipulate it at will, said River being the overarching timeline of the entire Vast Expanse, onto which many smaller timelines are embedded)

Essence/Dao Magic just become 1-A hax anyway, since well, Daos are already 1-A and they don't scale to physicals.

Affected profiles:
Meng Hao (Post Immortal Ascension)
Bai Xiaochun (Eternal World)
Fang Mu
The Arch-Ancestor (A Will Eternal)
The Mortal Renegade

Agree: 8 (Nepuko, Zaratthustra, SamanPatou, DarkDragonMedeus, Antvasima, Setsuna_tenma, Ricsi-viragosi, ZackMoon1234)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Ultima already agreed with the blog itself for what it's worth. Though I admittedly didn't bring up the matter of the 1-A hax.

I disagree with the Low 1C. The river of time just is a bigger construct. There is not any statement about it transending the universes. Agree with the rest though
I asked Ultima about it and it qualifies. Being a timeline into which lower timelines are embedded counts for Low 1-C, since it's equivalent to an uncountably infinite number of snapshots of 4-D space-time continuums.

Said lower timelines are the Morus Albas, vortexes and the other Vast Expanse lifeforms

The river of time could contain infinite alternate "fates" created by the Eternal Flower, with those being most likely full on universes since Bai could grab them and bring them into reality.

So most likely Low 1-C for it. Not sure if quasi-4th steps are equal to it though, since the 4th stepper in AWE was himself only a manifestation of it, and another 4th stepper thought brining a whole realm outside of it was an impossible task.

I guess? Not sure the other one would really look to be Low 1-C, and HE wasn't from the Eternal lands but was still confident in the river's mechanics.

It's Low 1-C via having other lower timelines embedded onto it. I asked and this does apparently qualify.

Hm, I guess so. I'll see when I get there, though I'm still uncertain that the river of time is meant to work differently instead of it being just a light retcon/expansion on what came before, Ergen does it a lot.

This is specifically the Vast Expanse's River of Time which is in itself is subordinate to the River of Time and Space.

I feel context is really needed to properly understand it, so I'll see for that. (The implications of space of river and time containing essence and 4th steppers is also very... eh).

Obviously, some Screenshots for quotes should be taken for the river stuff though.

They're in the blog linked above. It's hella spoilers though so....

Sure. I'll probably link the blog itself though, since it requires context.

Should I put you down for Agree or nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back