• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ergenverse CRT: Immeasurable speed for 3rd Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
In essence, I believe that there may be enough proof for all cultivators at the Quasi-3rd Step to peak 3rd Step to have Immeasurable speed. Getting into the meat and potatoes;

The Demon Pupil Old Patriarch managed to get chased across several years by Wang Baole (A World Worth Protecting, Chapter 1229);
水月之法蓦然展开刹那间好似水滴落入水面层层涟漪回荡四方转眼数百年而王宝乐也抬起脚踏入波纹内

百年前未央中心域星空中妖瞳老祖正疾驰前行下一瞬王宝乐身影走出一指落下天崩地裂

五百年前

三千年前

八千年前

两万年前

你是谁

时光长河内修为还没有到准宇宙境的妖瞳发出凄厉的惨叫她的眉心前有一只手,将一枚血色的眼睛生生从她眉心抽出
A hundred years ago, in Starry Sky of the central domain of Never-Ending, the demon pupil Old Patriarch was galloping forward. The next moment, Wang Baole came out and one finger fell, heavens falls and earth rends.

Five hundred years ago...

Three thousand years ago...

Eight thousand years ago...

Twenty thousand years ago...

"Who are you!" In the River of Time, the cultivation base of the demon pupil had not yet reached the quasi-Universe Realm, and she makes a piercing scream. There is a hand in front of her eyebrows, pulling a bloody eye out of her eyebrows.

She then confirms that she was chased through the River of Time by Wang Baole to the beginning of the universe;
但她本就修行的时光之道所以此刻要比所有人都清楚王宝乐的可怕以及自己的经历,她赫然是在时光长河里,被王宝乐追杀了不知多少次,直至最终于这片宇宙的初期自己意志还没有完全诞生的一刻,被眼前之人,一把拿走
But she was cultivating the Dao of Time, so at this point she knew better than everyone about Wang Baole's horror as well as her own experience and she was... in the River of Time, chased by Wang Baole for an unknown number of years until the very end of early stage of this Universe, where her will was not yet completely born. She was taken by the person in front of her.

Wang Baole later walks out of the River of Time from the past to the present (A World Worth Protecting, Ch. 1235);
王宝乐喃喃将这眼泪拿起迈步间走出了时光长河四周岁月刹那流逝下一瞬随着他的彻底走出轰鸣声传来嘶吼声回荡呼啸声更是近在眼前
Wang Bao murmured, picked up the tears, and walked out of the River of Time. The years passed in a flash and the next moment with his thorough exit, a boom sound came, hissing and roaring, and the roar was closer to the eyes!

Finally, when Bai fought against Ji Jia and other 3rd Step patriarchs, as they start to reveal more and more power, they move too fast to be perceived, eventually becoming so fast that they start fighting in the past (A World Worth Protecting, Ch. 1244);
激烈的程度惊人无比且速度越是到后面就越快以至于观望者除非修为到了一定程度否则根本就看不清战斗的方式只能看到星空碎裂,仿佛末日降临

甚至在这交手间都有时光之道浮现那是二人同时踏入时光之中于过去交战此事对未央族的影响极大好在修为恢复了一部分的帝山与光明现身全力镇压才化解二人交战的余波
The intensity is amazing, and the faster the speed goes to the back, the faster it will be, so that unless the cultivation base reaches a certain level, the watchers can't see the way of fighting at all, and can only see Starry Sky break up, as if the end is coming.

Even in this exchange, the Dao of Time emerged. It was that the two men stepped into the river of time at the same time and fought in the past. This matter had a great impact on the Never-Ending family. Fortunately, the Emperor Mountain and Guangming appeared and suppressed the remaining waves of the two fighting with all their strength.

Based on all of the above, it can be shown that 3rd Step cultivators can move through time with physical motion and even fight in the past or future at will. As such, I think that this is enough for Immeasurable speed.

As an added support, 3rd Step cultivators are completely and utterly above all 2nd Step techniques, which would include Spatial Bending. Anyway, enough for the rambling. What do you guys think?

Agree: 9 (Nepuko, InfiniteDay, Celestial Pegasus, SamanPatou, Dienomite22, DarkDragonMedeus, GiverTheProtoAngelo, Zaarathustra, Sparteh)

Disagree: 1 (InfiniteSped)

Neutral:

Last edited:
Yep. The last quote especially shows it's also related to speed. Immeasurable Speed seems fine. (for the first quote it also seems like it's peak 2nd, but Quasi-3rd is a neat end.)

It was asked me to comment here and I have no knowledge of the verse, but I think it makes sense, given the third part.

I was gonna mention 3rd step cultivators being unfathomably superior to 2nd step cultivators and rare 1st step cultivators who use spatial bending as more support for Immeasurable speed but you already mentioned it.

I agree.

If this is like an extremely casual time travel that they can reach all the way from beginning of time to end of time, and anywhere in between at rates faster than instantaneous, Immeasurable speed seems legit. And there's later a statement of it being a combat speed feat being Immeasurable.

So this looks solid.

Thank you. I take it I should notify more staff or is this straightforward enough?

First, agree with the feats.

Second, you've hidden well this CRT from me as I haven't reached yet that point in the novel but don't worry "I, your senior brother will forgive this as I'm a benevolent and generous being". Kek. Pretty neat feats that make this an easy upgrade.

Considering Meng was at the Dao Realm level when he learned Slaughter's stepping method and found it to be super impressive, I don't really see how that can apply for the ISSTH 3rd step, at least. Those AWWP examples mention the Dao of Time and entering the river of time, so it might be just a specific ability they can use.

Most of them didn't have the Dao of Time specifically when going through time though from what I remember but I'll check again. And River of Time is just referring to the timeline/flow of time.

And wasn't Meng still 2nd Step level when he learned Spatial Bending?

Edit: Nvm, Meng was Quasi-3rd or so.

Last edited:
Considering Meng was at the Dao Realm level when he learned Slaughter's stepping method and found it to be super impressive, I don't really see how that can apply for the ISSTH 3rd step, at least. Those AWWP examples mention the Dao of Time and entering the river of time, so it might be just a specific ability they can use.
The reason it was impressive is because it contained Daosource of Time. So not quite. Spatial Bending is there way before 3rd step in the first place as well. It's in the same vein as finding entering the River of Time-Space of AWE super-impressive while time manip is done since first or 2nd step, because it's cultivation-related. Even someone who has the actual Essence of Time was awed when seeing the walking technique...

It's not specific, since Ji Jia and others don't even cultivate the Dao of Time. Those cultivating it have an easier time, like Demon Child being more receptive, but the others don't yet still did so. Even Eegoo could use time-traveling hand.

The time shenangans were shown to be linked to speed and in a speed fight, so Immeasurable should be fine. They can even react to said Immeasurable Speed attacks.

@Planck69 He was 2nd step with early 3rd(or half) prowess.

Last edited:
Anyway, I might be going to sleep soon. I added InfiniteSped to Diasgree. If you'll post more, I'll have to read it in a few hours. I hope you can bare with me.

Meng was at the Dao Lord level from what I recall, so decently into third step. Even in the quote in the op he mentions how he can't believe that he walked back in time, so it's not just because it was a Daosource.

“That walking technique wasn’t too slow,” he murmured. “It was too fast! So fast... that it can cause you to travel through time.... I can’t believe that I actually walked backward... for one incense stick’s worth of time!” The bizarreness of the Daoist magic caused his mind to rumble with sounds like thunder.
This is just not a reaction you have if everyone and their mothers can do it.

So, I disagree with it for 3rd step in general, at least for the ISSTH ones.

Meng was at the Dao Lord level from what I recall, so decently into third step. Even in the quote in the op he mentions how he can't believe that he walked back in time, so it's not just because it was a Daosource.

This is just not a reaction you have if everyone and their mothers can do it.

So, I disagree with it for 3rd step in general, at least for the ISSTH ones.

Wasn't this prior to his body refinement by Greed? I remember that he was Quasi-Dao or so at that time.

I'm not actually sure we can actually separate it from the ISSTH 3rd Step, given that it the Steps are equivalent.

In case you needed it, the quote about a sliver of the Daosource;

My Essence is moving, thirsting... this... this... this matter is something which is mentioned in the histories!! “Heavens! I... I can’t believe I’ve encountered something that exists only in legends. Where did this Meng Hao’s walking technique come from? It can actually stir my Essence up, and cause it to exhibit a powerful thirst!! “My Essence wishes to absorb the Dao of Time in that walking technique! “If I can gain enlightenment of it, then my own Essence of time could potentially... progress another step and form a sliver of the Daosource! According to the legends, Essence stirs only for the Daosource! “The Daosource... is something so mysterious that only almighty Dao Sovereigns can possibly grope for understanding of it.... Only the legendary Paragons could actually aspire to such supreme heights!” Xuan Daozi’s eyes were wide, and his heart was pounding in excitement.

He was bullying the Dao Realm patriarchs of the Song Clan, found Slaughter, got the technique, Chu Yuyan died, then he just went straight to the 8th Mountain to fight that Dao Lord at the soul sucking planet place, iirc. He was surely higher than Quasi-Dao at that point.

It being Daosource doesn't really matter, he didn't say "OMG, that's a Daosource!", he said "OMG, he's traveling through time!", which he shouldn't be impressed by if anyone at the Dao Realm can do it.

So, what do we do here? It's Immeasurable, that much is sure and we obviously can't rate the 3rd Step cultivators of different worlds at different speeds for this.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, this seems to have been accepted.

It's not time travel though. Most of the Patriarchs that did it had no time magic to speak of.

He was bullying the Dao Realm patriarchs of the Song Clan, found Slaughter, got the technique, Chu Yuyan died, then he just went straight to the 8th Mountain to fight that Dao Lord at the soul sucking planet place, iirc. He was surely higher than Quasi-Dao at that point.

It being Daosource doesn't really matter, he didn't say "OMG, that's a Daosource!", he said "OMG, he's traveling through time!", which he shouldn't be impressed by if anyone at the Dao Realm can do it.
I will also point out how even half-2nd Step cultivators can use the technique though. Can't believe I forgot this.

I will unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back