• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so apparently the summon shows how ****** up the Devourer can really be in the Epic Battle Fantasy series. When summoned, the Devourer OUTRIGHT DESTROYS THE GAME!:

Yep! He outright destroys everything in one hit! And before you ask, one guy recorded his observations in the comments section of another video.:

"fun fact about devourer summon: its like stoned statue effect when it hit 0!, ya can't dodge it, ya can't tank it and ya cant cheese it with auto-revive/ pixel glasses/ morale"

With some agreeing comments here: http://prntscr.com/xu7346

And is noted here: https://epicbattlefantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Devourer#Summon

Of course that definitely brings up new abilities for the Devourer, but whether it would qualify for a tier upgrade or not is something I'm on the fence about.

As it stands, the Devourer is Low 2-C for having erased the entirety of the EBF world four times and going in for a fifth round. There were some 2-C implications, but these were rejected before for the following reasons:

1. Nobody knows the true scale of the alternate dimensions or whether the Devourer affects them or not.
2. While Snowflake was revealed to be from another universe, it wasn't certain if Snowflake's universe was affected or not.

Turns out, given the special Game Over screen from summoning the Devourer right before the game closes, it is implied that Snowflake's world is, indeed, affected by the Devourer. This would definitely give Devourer a Possibly 2-C rating. Nothing definite, just a possibly rating.

What it will definitely give the Devourer, on the other hand, are new abilities. These are as follows:

Negation: The Devourer outright bypasses resurrection, damage negation, DISPEL IMMUNITY (what IS Dispel according to the wiki, and what does immunity to it qualify as?), and every status effect in the game. If you have any of this, tough shit! You're dead!
Resistance Negation: Same reasoning as Negation. Wouldn't that just be put into Negation itself?
Whatever The Hell This Ability Is: He outclasses Monika by outright closing the game. I have no idea what ability this is! Yay!

So yeah, there you have it. I dunno how this would affect the EBF party, but if the summon is anything to go by, apparently the Devourer held back during the battle against him. So yeah, there's that.

Does anyone else have a second opinion? I mean I'll need a few in order to get a good debate going.

Gonna bump this one again. It's hard to get a CRT through if I don't get multiple second opinions.

You should probably just go through the supporter list and leave messages on people's walls to get attention for the thread. (Maybe the opponents too, for fairness)

Yeah, I'd like to interject here with a few thoughts.
1.If the Devourer is able to just reset the game and close it out completely wouldn't that mean he'd also be able to destroy/effect save files as well as backup saves in the game especially since he's clearly stated to be admin in the game and wants to halt the player's progress.
2. Even though it's not obviously stated in big detail on how high the higher dimension the player is in, wouldn't it he safe to assume the player is at least 5-D at the bare minimum since they few the game as the devourer as fiction.

Yeah, I'd like to interject here with a few thoughts.
1.If the Devourer is able to just reset the game and close it out completely wouldn't that mean he'd also be able to destroy/effect save files as well as backup saves in the game especially since he's clearly stated to be admin in the game and wants to halt the player's progress.
I don't think he's capable of affecting savefiles. Nothing in the game implied or showed that.
2. Even though it's not obviously stated in big detail on how high the higher dimension the player is in, wouldn't it he safe to assume the player is at least 5-D at the bare minimum since they few the game as the devourer as fiction.
Yeah, pretty much. That was Kaltias' argument for 2-A EBF.

1. there's a quote from the devourer "I cannot harm your "guardian" But I can Block their progress in this world. Destroying you will leave them with no avatars in this universe. I'll defeat you over and over again-until they tire of this pointless game." This implying that when defeated them during each simulation run it had to be a hard rest that bypassed their type 8 immortally to the Player by deleting their saves otherwise the player would of just used their saves to strategize and possibly fight the devourer way more than just 5 times.
2. I don't understand the flaw in the argument since beings in the verse already shown 4-D feats like the cosmic Gigalith that was passively destroying/erasing space and time, as well as reshaping it to open pathways into different universes. so the devourer should be at least 5-D at base since he's the one that programmed them as defense system for outside inferences to simulation like player starting the game.

1. there's a quote from the devourer "I cannot harm your "guardian" But I can Block their progress in this world. Destroying you will leave them with no avatars in this universe. I'll defeat you over and over again-until they tire of this pointless game." This implying that when defeated them during each simulation run it had to be a hard rest that bypassed their type 8 immortally to the Player by deleting their saves otherwise the player would of just used their saves to strategize and possibly fight the devourer way more than just 5 times.
Except that never happened. I've Game Overed against the Devourer twice and not once were my savefiles affected.

Half true really, he doesn't out right delete direct saves of the fifth simulation but he does effect the New Game ++ and beyond by leaving a unchatcable putrid worm in his place.

Plus the fact that the game doesn't start with any extra saves of any kind already implies that the previous simulations had their saves completely wiped. And the fifth simulation is actually protected by passive plot Manipulation via Matt since in the end of EBF 4 Matt literally persuades the game dev for a new game plus. So Matt could of asked the game dev to patch the game so the fifth simulation won't have its saves deleted.

Another problem I have with the devourer is this quote "This is the 5th time I've ran THIS simulation." Which makes no sense for him to have recreate any of the other games in the timeline until EBF5 rebooted the timeline otherwise he would of said "This is the 5th simulation I've ran." Which means he's fought the party before in this same simulation 5 times and has erased them before.

Another problem I have with the devourer is this quote "This is the 5th time I've ran THIS simulation." Which makes no sense for him to have recreate any of the other games in the timeline until EBF5 rebooted the timeline otherwise he would of said "This is the 5th simulation I've ran." Which means he's fought the party before in this same simulation 5 times and has erased them before.
He also considered Akron and Godcat as pawns, showing us that by "simulation," the Devourer meant the entire EBF world.

He also considered Akron and Godcat as pawns, showing us that by "simulation," the Devourer meant the entire EBF world.
Well, this just means he's aware of those previous games and he gave God cat and Akron different roles when he made the EBF5 simulation as well as change the all characters origin stories. Plus it's isn't implied that all games prior were just reset/closed when a new game just came out it progressively continued until EBF5 where everything was changed. Otherwise each game would just be it's own split timeline.

Ok, even if you did say all the games are separated simulations made by the devourer and EBF5 being the fifth he should still dimensionally higher than the cosmic gigallith since its part of the simulation he made. The same simulation he views as just a fictional game.

Ok, even if we don't agree with any standing for Ap I can aleast bring up the inconsistency with regen in verse with auto-life and regen negation with dispell.

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea.
How would that be a bad idea, I'm just saying the devourer's regen negation should be on the on same level of Akron's mid-godly regen negation since the devourer can neg auto-life without even needing to use dispell.

How would that be a bad idea, I'm just saying the devourer's regen negation should be on the on same level of Akron's mid-godly regen negation since the devourer can neg auto-life without even needing to use dispell.
I don't think you read my comment with the right context.

I think the only reason the players don't have mid godly regen from auto-life is because we only see them just get back up after getting killed but when spirts have it they come back out of thin air after getting killed.

I think the only reason the players don't have mid godly regen from auto-life is because we only see them just get back up after getting killed but when spirts have it they come back out of thin air after getting killed.
True; that is definitely an inconsistency. The only argument for it was how the spirits disappeared and reappeared when they did it while the players, as you said, just got up. I do think it was mishandled there given the whole point of auto-life is to essentially "save resurrection for later."

Of course nobody had tested Auto-Life to see if it work work against the Delete status (existence erasure), though. The Delete status was intended to be a permanent status condition; something unique to Devourer, the Evil Players, and God.

Last edited:
I remember delete status lowering defense constantly overtime to get oneshot easier by the devourer but auto-life should still work even with that status on, but natalya's undead status definitely passively neges auto-life and regen. Then there's God cat having low godly regen negation which is kind of another weird inconsistency.

As for scaling this to the EBF5 party, it is actually possible to survive it if you take in an immensive amount of steroids to survive said attack, albeit barely.

As for scaling this to the EBF5 party, it is actually possible to survive it if you take in an immensive amount of steroids to survive said attack, albeit barely.
From what I heard, it takes a very specific setup for anyone to survive it, and even then it's only Matt.

From what I heard, it takes a very specific setup for anyone to survive it, and even then it's only Matt.
Yes, Matt is more likely to survive it given he’s the meat shield of the party, but theoretically. if you took enough steroids to a point where you wouldn’t need equipment buffs or orange juice (Do note that you’d have to grind for them or start multiple new game+’s which takes a very long time), you can potentially get other members to survive it.

I'm honestly surprised no one's even tried arguing for the devourer having plot Manipulation since most of his quotes get really meta at the fact he's about everyone's roles in the story including Godcat's.

Hell even the Glitch is more fundamentally abstract in nature than Godcat's avatars and they embody concepts like creation and destruction. Ironically Data >> Concepts would be consistent.

I'm honestly surprised no one's even tried arguing for the devourer having plot Manipulation since most of his quotes get really meta at the fact he's about everyone's roles in the story including Godcat's.
That's kinda the problem. Breaking the forth wall and plot manipulation are two entirely different beasts. Plus if Devourer had Plot Manipulation, he'd probably make the party's deaths inevitable at any point he wished.

So in regards to the 2-C rating, if it has been implied that Snowflake’s realm has been affected when the game closed, would there be a possibility that the 5 Glitch Areas as well as the Warp Zone got affected as well? If so, that would make a total of 8 “universes” being affected.

So in regards to the 2-C rating, if it has been implied that Snowflake’s realm has been affected when the game closed, would there be a possibility that the 5 Glitch Areas as well as the Warp Zone got affected as well? If so, that would make a total of 8 “universes” being affected.
At the very least it'd definitely be two, with Snowflake's world being stated to be another universe in his summon information. As for the glitch worlds, the Warp Zone, and whatever's going on in the arcade cabinets... I can't be certain as to whether those are legit universes or not. They could just be pocket realities.

That's kinda the problem. Breaking the forth wall and plot manipulation are two entirely different beasts. Plus if Devourer had Plot Manipulation, he'd probably make the party's deaths inevitable at any point he wished.
If we take the devourer's plot Manipulation seriously, then the player outside the EBF universe clearly has a opposing influence that even Matt acknowledges they have more control over they're fate then they realize, which means by the player continuing to play the game they defy his control over the plot passively.

Back