• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Environmental Destruction needs to be clarified better, and have an entry on the "Attack Potency" page

I feel like this definition is not explained well enough, and that there's some confusion on what it actually classifies as.

I'll post some examples that are similar, and others that are very diffierent.

But some of my own thoughts first. From what I have gathered, ED seems to be based on AOE. Attacks that cover a massive area. However, by this logic, wouldn't this apply to a lot of storm feats EG All Might, Cole MacGrath since storms often cover anywhere from a few kilometers, to even the surfaces of planets bigger than Earth depending on the verse? So by the current AOE logic for ED, wouldn't storms really be ED since they're spread out over a huge area?

Esdeath, and Big Chill both have nearly identical Ice storm feats. Said feats took a matter of seconds for their effects to be shown, like a lot of storm calculations. Also like Storm calculations, is that they cover a massive area. Furthermore, these two characters had their 6-B feats put as ED based on the idea that they would've been outliers. (For Esdeath it wouldn't be, for Big Chill it would be) Simply put, I do not believe these two fit the definition that I believe we have for ED.

Now for some examples that are more akin to actual ED.

Gravemind, and Alucard (Hellsing)

These guys have much more different feats than storm/ice storm feats.

The Gravemind has 6-A ED from infection, and spreading itself across a 300Km sized Space Station, and being able to life-wipe planets over the course of hours. Alucard has 7-B ED from flooding London with something Both feats supposedly took considerably more time to accomplish, and were done via being an extension of themselves.

Simply put, I believe that the former examples, and those with feats similar to theirs are not ED. While that latter is.

So yeah, we need to discuss and clarify exactly what ED is, what kind of feats it would classify as, and add it to the AP page for future reference.

Thoughts?

Back