• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, because I'm curious and have nothing better to do, Issei Hyoudou vs Tatsumi.

Issei is in Pseudo DxD (as of Vol 25) and Tatsumi is in Tyrant form. Speed has been equalized. They stand 10 m. away from one another.

Issei: 1 (Demonicjester01)

Issei Goddess Resurrection
Tatsumi: 1 (Schnee One)

Base Tatsumi

Issei wins. Tatsumi in Tyrant form is basically a full dragon, and Issei has two Dragon Slayer swords which can be further strengthened by Boost/Transfer/Penetrate for direct attacks, or using them as additions to his stronger blasts. Wyverns are also a big thing since they can deflect Tatsumi's attacks (dividing them beforehand if they're too strong to deflect from the getgo) or Divide him directly, which, alongside Boost, serves to counter Tatsumi's AP advantage. Issei also has an immense range advantage.

I don't know if Tatsumi's evolution can cope with things that directly counter Tyrant's nature as a dragon or that bypass defenses, and it doesn't seem to work in a fast enough manner to deal with the variety of finishing moves that would be thrown around here. The fastest that was seen was with Shikoutazer, and that was basically because Tatsumi was fusing more with Tyrant and basically letting it free. I don't know if Tyrant Tatsumi, who is basically a full release, can make such drastic power ups on the spot (after all, it's already a full release, or at least close to it).

As it is, Issei seems to have too much hax advantage.

Wait, how do we know that Tatsumi is basically a dragon which would allow Ascalon to work? Is it ever stated? And what about fighting style? I know Ravel stated that Issei was strong enough to beat any Lower God even if they tried to make a plan to counter him, but wouldn't Tatsumi's experience and planning come into play here?

Also, I think you also forgot another factor: Ddraig. Issei, as of vol 25, in his Pseudo DxD form can summon Ddraig into a physical being after 8 minutes have passed. How does he play into this fight?

@RoboVolcano4 Tyrant is always described as a dragon. What vital difference is there between Tyrant and any other "dragon" that could say he wouldn't be particularly affected by Dragon Slayers? Tatsumi's experience and planning are relevant, but Issei has also shown to be able to deal with strategic fighters such as Cao Cao plenty of times, as well as being able to fight strategically such as in the battles with Riser and Vidar. I actually didn't know Ddraig was included in the fight, but Ddraig has a base that is equal to or somewhat superior to Pseudo-DxD, along with having all of Issei's relevant abilities in this match-up save for wyverns and the Ascalons.

@Schnee One The High 6-C has the ability to halve his opponent's power and attacks and add the halved portion to his own, as well as duplicate his own base repeatedly. The AP advantage is not so relevant. Also, I'm seriously skeptical of Tatsumi's High 6-B status. I even re-read the fight with Shikoutazer to be sure, and Tatsumi's never sliced, slashed through or charged into Shikoutazer attacks, much less the one that places Shikoutazer at 6-B. At all moments of the fight all he did was dodge them, except for when he took the explosions to protect civilians. That part was incorrect and applies to both his AP and Durability. Aside from that, the page also states that Tatsumi's broke his torso without much issue, and that's simply not true either. Shikoutazer's torso was first damaged by his own attacks, his own AP, when Wave used Mastema to detonate his attacks at the firing place, and then that same spot was targeted by Tatsumi and Wave for a combined attack which weakened it further. Only after that did Tatsumi break Shikoutazer's torso.

@Demonicjester01 I just wanted to make sure. If he is described as a dragon, then yeah Ascalon should be a major advantage. Moving onto your point about Issei beating Cao Cao and fighting strategically with guys like Vidar and Raiser, I even bring up the point that experience may not be able to hinder Issei a lot seeing as how in his first real fight with Sairaorg he was able to keep pace and that guys has been training himself for years and should be the better fighter. As for Ddraig, he's here because Issei has that power to summon him and if that is an ability why wouldn't he use it? Plus they are connected by the soul.

@Schnee One Pretty much what Demonicjester01 said as Issei can half an individuals power and add to his own as well as reflect attacks. Plus, fire that burns until you are ash and a giant dragon that is as if not more powerful.

Robo I think this is a vote for stomp but correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are saying this is a stomp for Tatsumi, again look at Demonicjester01's post. Plus, add in Ddraig.

I looked at his post and zero of it explains why Tatsumi doesn't just breathe

And please don't tell me the NLF that Issei becomes High 6B by dividing his power...…..

Demonicjester01 said:
@Schnee One The High 6-C has the ability to halve his opponent's power and attacks and add the halved portion to his own, as well as duplicate his own base repeatedly. The AP advantage is not so relevant. Also, I'm seriously skeptical of Tatsumi's High 6-B status. I even re-read the fight with Shikoutazer to be sure, and Tatsumi's never sliced, slashed through or charged into Shikoutazer attacks, much less the one that places Shikoutazer at 6-B. At all moments of the fight all he did was dodge them, except for when he took the explosions to protect civilians. That part was incorrect and applies to both his AP and Durability. Aside from that, the page also states that Tatsumi's broke his torso without much issue, and that's simply not true either. Shikoutazer's torso was first damaged by his own attacks, his own AP, when Wave used Mastema to detonate his attacks at the firing place, and then that same spot was targeted by Tatsumi and Wave for a combined attack which weakened it further. Only after that did Tatsumi break Shikoutazer's torso.
Tatsumi literally one shotted the Shikoutaser and managed to even overpower the beam on two separate occasions, also, this is completely irrelevant because you need to make a CRT for this, until then, it's a moot point

And Issei can't divide beyond what he's shown let alone 3 whole tiers above him, not only is it an NLF but he dies if he absorbs too much power

You shouldn't make matches for Issei against higher tiers until Trihexa gets a tier because then it's just going to cause arguing over how much he can absorb.

Tatsumi literally one shotted the Shikoutaser and managed to even overpower the beam on two separate occasions, also, this is completely irrelevant because you need to make a CRT for this, until then, it's a moot point

And Issei can't divide beyond what he's shown let alone 3 whole tiers above him, not only is it an NLF but he dies if he absorbs too much power

Oh you're right. I guess I must have imagined his fight with Euclid and how Euclid was much stronger than him yet Issei was able to divide his power despite being Euclid being stronger. And I must have imagined the fire that literally burns until you are dead that he has access to as well as the giant dragon pal of his. And I also suppose that he doesn't have Ascalon.

Schnee One said:
Tatsumi literally one shotted the Shikoutaser and managed to even overpower the beam on two separate occasions, also, this is completely irrelevant because you need to make a CRT for this, until then, it's a moot point. And Issei can't divide beyond what he's shown let alone 3 whole tiers above him, not only is it an NLF but he dies if he absorbs too much power
Tatsumi never one-shot Shikoutazer, that's completely wrong. And you chose to completely ignore how Tatsumi's 6-B status is immensely flunky at its very best.

Once again, Tatsumi never overpowered the beams. Just read the fight and you can clearly see he was dodging all of them. If you mean his final charge, the weak point of Shikoutazer was lower than his chest beam, so saying Tatsumi overpowered it is already illogical even without accounting for the fact that he was clearly shown dodging the attacks, not charging through them.

Second, none of the attacks Tatsumi supposedly "overpowered" were Shikoutazer's Dark Bomb, which is his 6-B attack. Even more, they were attacks that Low 7-B Tatsumi was clearly shown to take without being obliterated when he protected some civilians, and he took several of them. Saying Tatsumi has 6-B durability is already illogical due to that. If those attacks were 6-B then a Low 7-B Tatsumi should have been erased without a trace.

Third, Tatsumi's piercing of Shikoutazer's torso was not completely his own doing, not nearly. First of all, Wave made Shikoutazer's own attacks detonate at its own body. Second, Wave and Tatsumi did a combined attack on the same spot. Only then was Tatsumi able to break Shikoutazer's torso. There's not nearly enough justification to say Tatsumi is 6-B, not even close. But fair enough, I will do the CRT first.

And as Robo stated before, Issei has already Divided Euclid before, who was above him beyond even the level of minor competition.

I can concur with @Demonicjester01. I reread the fight between Tatsumi and Shikoutazer and Tatsumi did not one shot him. If he did, the fight would have been over before Wave arrived. And even before Tatsumi broke through the armor's torso, him and Wave, like Demonicjester stated, were already hitting it and did a combined attack to damage it. And that spot was the place where Tatsumi went through.

As for Issei, he does have Ascalon and, like seen in his fight with Vidar, he can combine it with his Penetrate to harm Tatsumi when he's not reflecting attacks back at him thanks to his Wyverns.

Back