• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elves and Maiar Scaling Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be edited as we go along

Scales To Weakened Morgoth (at least 4-A, possibly 3-B): Fingolfin (by feat), Feanor (author statement of being stronger than Fingolfin), Sauron (author statement of second age Sauron being greater than end of FIrst Age Morgoth, author statement of the strongest Maiar being well-nigh as great as the Valar), Thorondor (by feat. Strongest servant of Manwe), Luthien (by feat. Only via hax, probably not combat applicable). The Silmarils (by feat. Burned 4-A/3-B Morgoth). Melian (her dimensional Girdle eluded him and his generals, Sauron was implied to be unable to pierce it. She also counteracted the Sleep of Yavanna over Beleriand). Gothmog (killed Feanor, with help). All the Balrogs combined drove off Ungoliant.

Scales To Silmarils (at least 4-A): Carcharoth (literally held one in his stomach and absorbed its power). Huan (stomped Sauron and killed Silmaril Carcharoth). Feanor, obviously. He created them. Ancalagon (it took Silmaril-amped Earendil 24 hours to kill him, even with the assistance of Thorondor).

Scales to Sauron (at least 4-A, possibly 3-B): All members of the White Council. Galadriel destroyed Dol Guldur in The Hobbit timeframe, Gandalf the Grey drove off weakened Sauron before The Hobbit began, Gandalf the White stalemated Sauron during TTT, Saruman is superior to Gandalf the Grey, Elrond should be comparable to Galadriel). Glorfindel (killed a Balrog). Gil-Galad and Elendil (combined killed full power Sauron). Huan again (absolutely destroyed Sauron in the First Age). Balrogs scale to weakened Sauron.

Unknown: Glaurung (Gurthang could kill pretty much anything in the verse), the Ringwraiths (more inconsistent than Dragon Ball Super Goku).

My proposal is this:

At least 4-A, likely 3-B: Fingolfin (Fought Morgoth), Feanor (Stronger then Morgoth), Sauron (Stronger then very weakened Morgoth. Higher with the One Ring), Charchaorth (Absorbed the Silmirals, fought Huan), Huan (Fought Charcaroth, defeated Sauron), Luthien (Via hax), Ancalagon (Fought Silmaril amped Earendil), Galadriel (Stronger then Fingolfin), Gothmog (Fought Feanor), the Balrogs combined (Drove off Ungoliant), Ungoliant (Defeated Morgoth), the Silmirals (Burned Morgoth), Gil-galad (Fought Sauron), Eonwe

At least 4-A, possibly 3-B: Melian (Resisted Sauron's generals), Curumo (Stronger than Olorin)

At least 4-A, possibly far higher: Olorin (Stronger than Gandalf the White)

At least 4-A, likely higher: Gandalf the White (Stronger than Saruman)

At least 4-A, possibly higher: Saruman (Should be comparable to Galadriel)

At least 4-A: Gandalf the Grey (Fought Durin's Bane), Durin's Bane (One of seven Balrogs that drove off Ungoliant), Glorfindel (Fought a Balrog. Higher after resurrection)

Unknow. At least 6-B, likely far higher: Osse (Raised Numenor, a Maia)

Unknow: Glaurung, the Nazgul, Khamul, the Witch-king, Arien, Tilion

Okay. Everything else looks pretty much good, although Feanor was stated to be stronger than Fingolfin rather than Morgoth. The "only 7 Balrogs" thing is also not generally considered canonical. We just need Ant to approve.

Full power Sauron > Gandalf the White > LotR Sauron > Saruman > Gandalf the Gray > Necromancer Sauron

Their true forms are "co-eval in their beginnings," as Tolkien explained. Olorin should also be considered comparable to Curumo. We don't really know which one was stronger in their true form, but Tolkien did say that Olorin and Sauron were equal originally

"At the foot of the stairs Gandalf and the king dismounted. 'I will go up,' said Gandalf. 'I have been in Orthanc and I know my peril.'"
I mean, Gandalf is always saying they were on danger by merely standing near to the tower. I used to think the scene you claim to show Gandalf's superiority was but the permission the Valar gave him to strip Saruman from his powers.

It is implied both when Saruman dies and when Gandalf returns that there was a finger of the Valar.

I mean, th Witch-King was still below Saruman, wasn't he? And he would have defeated Gandalf the White

The Witch-King was below Saruman, but it's unlikely he would have defeated Gandalf the White. Gandalf the Grey fought seven Nazgul to a stalemate (at night) on Weathertop. I'm pretty sure that group included the Witch-King.

That statement to me implies that Gandalf was the one going up because he was the only one capable of dealing with Saruman.

Also, I just realized if we scale AP and durability we also need to take a long, hard look at speed. Currently we have the Valar, Morgoth and Ancalagon at MFTL+ combat speed, which could scale to...pretty much everyone we mentioned above

When you have finished your discussion, you need to write a list of the exact titles of all the pages that I need to unlock for you, so my automated script can handle it.

List of all pages to be unlocked as well as the changes to be made.

Gandalf (At least 4-A as Grey. At least 4-A, likely 3-B as White and Olorin, with MFTL+ for Olorin)

Galadriel (At least 4-A. Possibly MFTL+ by scaling to Feanor (her uncle) and Sauron)

Luthien (At least 4-A, likely 3-B via hax. Unknown speed)

Glorfindel (At least 4-A via killing a Balrog. Higher post-resurrection)

Saruman (At least 4-A as White. At least 4-A, likely 3-B as Curumo)

Khamul (Unknown)

The Nazgul (Unknown)

Sauron (At least 4-A, likely 3-B. MFTL+ scaling from Morgoth)

The Witch-King of Angmar (Unknown)

Ancalagon the Black (At least 4-A)

Balrogs (At least 4-A)

Glaurung (Unknown)

Gothmog (Balrog) (At least 4-A, likely 3-B)

Carcharoth (At least 4-A)

Arien (Unknown)

Eonwe (At least 4-A, likely 3-B)

Ilmare (Unknown)

Melian (At least 4-A, likely 3-B)

Osse (Unknown)

Tilion (Unknown)

I have unlocked the pages, but it took considerably longer than if should, due to that I had to remove extra text, and adjust incorrectly written page titles.

In the future, please write any lists of characters that need to be unlocked in the following manner:

Gandalf

Galadriel

Luthien

Glorfindel

Saruman

Khamul

The Nazg├╗l

Sauron

The Witch-King of Angmar

Ancalagon the Black

Balrogs (Lord of the Rings)

Glaurung

Gothmog

Carcharoth

Arien

Eonwe

Ilmarë

Melian

Ossë

Tilion

Gil-galad

I don't think that we can scale the game characters from the regular Tolkien statistics. They have to be scaled from their own feats.

Perhaps you can both check through all of the pages, so they are edited properly?

Remember to update the tier categories at the bottom of the pages as well.

Okay, just got back. I'll look over the pages that have been edited already and see if there's anything that needs fixing, then start on the ones that still need it

Would someone please remove Aku's loss to Gandalf? Tis a stomp now.

We should add all of the tier categories and remove the old ones first

But I agree. However, my knowledge of profile editing does not extend past basics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back