• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edo Tensei Regeneration Downgrade

Premise:

We currently scale Edo Tensei's regeneration to Low-Godly given the fact Deidara states an Edo Tensei can continuously regenerate their physical form as long as their soul remains intact, now this was fine before a certain rule was set in-place a couple days ago in regards to how we scale regeneration on this wiki, this rule states.

Statements or feats of regeneration in which characters are able to survive as long as a part of their existence, such as their souls or minds, remain intact, or that involve the regeneration of a non-physical aspect of the body while the body itself remains intact, do not warrant godly levels of regeneration due to involving resurrection rather than the complete destruction and reforming of both the physical and non-physical aspects of a body, which is a fundamental requirement to qualify.

As explained in the rule, statements or feats of regeneration which are contingent on having one's soul or mind remain intact (such as Edo Tensei's) do not warrant/qualify for godly levels of regeneration. Given this fact, Edo Tensei's regeneration needs to be downgraded and replaced with a different value, which is pretty easy to fine since the feat in question comes from the exact same character, Deidara.

Deidara's capable of continuously regenerate himself after using C0, a technique which turns the user into a bomb, which when detonated, generating a massive explosion while also completely vaporizing the user's body in the process. Regenerating from vaporization is considered as "Mid-High" on wiki. This being supported by the fact other Edo Tensei's can regenerate after having their entire body vaporized after being transformed into a bomb, just like Deidara.

Every other Edo Tensei will scale to this level of regeneration, similar to how every other Edo Tensei scaled to Low-Godly before it was removed.

TLDR: Edo Tensei's regeneration gets downgraded, and changed from Low-Godly to Mid-High because newly enacted regeneration rules disallow Edo Tensei's type of regeneration to be considered for "godly levels", like Low-Godly.

Affected Profiles:

Voting:

Agree -

Disagree -

Neutral -

Last edited:
no

Wouldn't it still be High Regen rather than Mid-High since they can regen from Particle Style?

Last edited:
Edo Tenseis cannot be killed by particle style (or TSBs without Six Paths chakra which are beyond it)
so at minimum they get High regen (atomic level)
also maybe the Soul being vaporized qualifies as intact enough to regen from (in which case they would have High, Mid-High for their soul)

This entire debate regarding if CO actually vaporizes one's soul or not doesn't matter imo, it doesn't debunk or disprove the fact CO vaporizes one's entire body when used. Also we have evidence of other Edo Tensei's regenerating from similar levels of damage so even if we didn't use CO in our explanation, we can always use their example.

This entire debate regarding if CO actually vaporizes one's soul or not doesn't matter imo, it doesn't debunk or disprove the fact CO vaporizes one's entire body when used. Also we have evidence of other Edo Tensei's regenerating from similar levels of damage so even if we didn't use CO in our explanation, we can always use their example.
It very much matters, because if the C0 vaporizes the caster's soul you cannot claim Edo Deidara would regen from it. And as such you can't use it as the basis for the regen. But if you have the evidence for other similar events use them instead.

when did Kabuto have his corpse? The Edo dolls arent their corpses just a strand of DNA is needed to make them that he could have gotten at any point.
Kabuto stated he needs certain amount of Flesh to use it not only he stated he took the dna from their dead Corspe so yead debiara was not vaped

Edo Tenseis cannot be killed by particle style (or TSBs without Six Paths chakra which are beyond it)
so at minimum they get High regen (atomic level)
also maybe the Soul being vaporized qualifies as intact enough to regen from (in which case they would have High, Mid-High for their soul)
TSBs just negate the justus soul bonding affects nullifying the justu

Seems legit if the rules have been updated as such, I agree. It should be noted that the C0 databook description claims it'll vaporize the soul of the caster. So either, A) that's a mistranslation, or B) C0 shouldn't be used to base their regen on, since Edo needs the soul to be there but allegedly C0 vaporizes the caster's soul.
He is the raw for C0 incase anyone wants to translate it.
tKFpmiY.jpg

I agree, but I don't know if C0 can be used to measure their regen for the above reasons, did Deidara ever use C0 as an edo?
IIrc he didn't want his art to be cheap or it was cause of the puppet he was in that prevented it.

I agree with the downgrade,

but I am curious on if people will agree with High Regen off of Oonoki not being able to just particle-style edos away and needing others to seal them.

Read again he said all he did was grave rob which means he took all his flesh samples from corpses
He could have just meant the area where he killed himself was his "grave" not necessarily the corpses. Sasuke didn't go out there and make a grave for this mf Deidara☠️

Considering we literally see Deidara's body entirely consumed, it's far more likely Kabuto got flesh for Deidara elsewhere, doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

It very much matters, because if the C0 vaporizes the caster's soul you cannot claim Edo Deidara would regen from it. And as such you can't use it as the basis for the regen. But if you have the evidence for other similar events use them instead.
Does this count as "incinerating the body"?
0518-008.png

0518-009.png

0518-010.png

0518-011.png

0518-016.png

If i understanding it clearly, it means even the souls need to regenerate? If so I agree with the OP.

Vaporizing the soul =/= the complete destruction of the soul, C0 could've vaporized Deidara's soul, doesn't mean it completely vaporized it, especially when the statement itself doesn't explicitly state or imply it was completely vaporized. We know he would've regenerated from his soul because that's how Edo Tensei regenerate, it's directly stated so by Deidara himself.

I did, it's in the OP 🗿

Vaporizing the soul =/= the complete destruction of the soul, C0 could've vaporized Deidara's soul, doesn't mean it completely vaporized it, especially when the statement doesn't state or imply it completely vaporized it. We know he would've regenerated from his soul because that's how Edo Tensei regenerate, it's directly stated so by Deidara himself.

I did, it's in the OP 🗿
Hmmmmm I think so there doesn't appear to be any ash remaining, it looks to me like he vaporized his body. So this would be a good to base Edo regen on.

Considering we literally see Deidara's body entirely consumed, it's far more likely Kabuto got flesh for Deidara elsewhere, doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
Where else would he get his flesh? They never showed his body completely gone just some weird ecstatic of him having his life force drianed. Even manda took the explosion head on without being vaped.
He could have just meant the area where he killed himself was his "grave" not necessarily the corpses. Sasuke didn't go out there and make a grave for this mf Deidara☠️
He clearly means he just took flesh from corpses

Where else would he get his flesh? They never showed his body completely gone just some weird ecstatic of him having his life force drianed. Even manda took the explosion head on without being vaped.

He clearly means he just took flesh from corpses
The fact that Orochimaru was in the Akatsuki, or simply grabbing the blood Splatter of when Kakashi Kamuid his arm off, or from any number of previous fights which happened
Manda is extremely durable, huge and was at minimum hundreds of meters from Deidera when he self destructed

but I am curious on if people will agree with High Regen off of Oonoki not being able to just particle-style edos away and needing others to seal them.
I'm personally fine with High Regeneration if that's true, but i don't know if mods will necessarily agree with it compared to the direct feat of Edo Tensei's regenerating from complete vaporization. We'll have to see i guess.

I don't agree with dropping the mid-highs, In fact Jinton Onoki which can destroy the atomic level, cannot destroy Edo Tensei. High regeneration should be better

I'm personally fine with High Regeneration if that's true, but i don't know if mods will necessarily agree with it compared to the direct feat of Edo Tensei's regenerating from complete vaporization. We'll have to see i guess.
Madara Edo Tensei was hit hard by Jinton Onoki and he was able to regenerate again

Back