• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edo Period's Finest - Hajime Kashimo vs Ryu Ishigori

In this alternate scenario, Kashimo is enthralled by Kenjaku's mention of the sorcerer with the "greatest output in history". He travels to Mutsu Province and prepares to fight. Kashimo is eager to liberate himself from the struggle of being the strongest; from the struggle to understand. Meanwhile, Ishigori hopes Kashimo will be able to fulfill his hunger once and for all.

Plotjaku reveals his final CT, which can turn people back to their primes. Now we have prime Kashimo vs Ryu!

• No Mythic Beast Amber for Kashimo.
  • Speed Equalized.

Farmer: 6 (Sir_sun_man, That_moron2, EldemadeDityjon, Hiiilt, Spectre_Shifter, speedster352)

Josuke: 2 (Arkenis, Milly_Rocking_Bandit)

luca-brisbane-kashimo.jpg
yuler-jjk-173-13-021.jpg

Last edited:
kashimo is around yuta's level of durability so he can more or less survive the granite blasts.

Ryu can't survive those lighting blots tho, he should be resistent to the stuns of electricity due to his whole output shtick

neither of them has shown to be able to heal themselves with RCT and both have attacks that would put the hurt on each other, Ryu has a domain but its an unknown so can't be accounted for (untill he is added to a game/anime shows it) so this will basically come down to who will deal the killing level of damage first and with how kashimo's can't be avaded (which granite blast can be) I'd say kashimo takes it more often than not by either turning Ryu's head into a bloody mist with a lighting bolt, or riping through his chest with a blot, or rip his arm off with a bolt at which point ryu can't use domain nor can he fight back all that well.

Kashimo wins 8/10 times mid to high diff.

Last edited:
Votes counted.

Keep in mind Kashimo does not have Sukuna's CE efficiency nor does he have 4 arms so if Ryu expands his domain he's basically a sitting duck holding the HWB sign with his hands, and we don't know how long for either.

Votes counted.

Keep in mind Kashimo does not have Sukuna's CE efficiency nor does he have 4 arms so if Ryu expands his domain he's basically a sitting duck holding the HWB sign with his hands, and we don't know how long for either.
I don't think HWB needs hands signs throughout the DE. It might be activated Temporarily like Reggie without keeping the hand signs

Anyway he should still be able to use lightining strike so he blows Ryu out of equation.

Voting Kashimo Overall.

Votes counted.

nor do we know what Ryu's domain is, we have nothing to go off of for all we know it can be a rule domain without a sure hit or have a sure hit that kashimo can more or less surive.m

oh and I just realised something if kashimo drops his staff outside the domain and builds up charge he can use it to shatter the domain from the outside

Keep in mind Kashimo does not have Sukuna's CE efficiency
He does have better efficiency than Ryu, if you ask me. Ryu got defeated within 5 minutes, while Kashimo was hanging around with JP Hakari for more than 10 minutes. His cursed energy only depleted due to environmental disadvantage. Under normal conditions, he should be able to fight for a longer time period. Also, Gege mentioned that Kashimo is one of the characters with great talent in jujutsu, just like Higuruma and Yuta. So, he obviously should have good efficiency. Well, not as good as Sukuna, but still better than nothing.

That's true, you can't really get to the heights Kashimo reached with poor CE efficiency and control with no domain/CT use. Unless maybe you have crazy levels of CE pool to compensate lol, which would probably have been noted for Kashimo if he did.

This should be held off considering Ryu's durability will get updated for its context.

Regardless I don't think Kashimo's winning. GB can keep them at distance, GB can block the negative discharge or the very least hinder a direct hit, like a cushion. The domain being unknown does make this fight harder, but I'd say given its a rule based one, it'd probably force Kashimo to attack with equal ce as Ryu. If its lethal, it'd allow Ryu to manifest GB from any point in the domain, and honestly going by Ryu's thoughts about making the domain fight short, I'd lean to lethal. Voting Ryu

This should be held off considering Ryu's durability will get updated for its context.
This doesn't mean Ryu's durability is infinitely above Yuta
Regardless I don't think Kashimo's winning. GB can keep them at distance, GB can block the negative discharge or the very least hinder a direct hit, like a cushion.
  • Lightining discharge scales above Ryu's reaction speed. So what you are saying doesn't work here
  • GB Blocking Lightning Discharge is headcanon. Ryu's output doesn't have same level of AP as lighting Discharge. JP Hakari>= Yuta in durability. Lightining discharge was able to Completely destroyed JP Hakari hand while GB doesn't have same power to do so.
The domain being unknown does make this fight harder, but I'd say given its a rule based one, it'd probably force Kashimo to attack with equal ce as Ryu. If its lethal, it'd allow Ryu to manifest GB from any point in the domain, and honestly going by Ryu's thoughts about making the domain fight short, I'd lean to lethal. Voting Ryu
You are acting like Ryu would in character activate Domain from the get to go. + Kashimo would just use the HWB + Lightning Discharge to destroy Ryu's head the moment he spams the domain it's not like his lighting needs any hand signs. He can also use his staff as a medium to land a surprise attack. Heck he can break the domain from outside by keeping the staff outside from the beginning of the match and bringing back the Lightining to his side. There are several things he can do.
Nah. Hakari could react to it. Hakari's just getting caught by surprised more than not. And he's not much faster than Uraume.
Kashimo attack speed isn't downgraded just because Hakari feat was accepted as outlier doesn't mean anything. Also stop trying to use Hakari dodging lightning so anyone can do argument when Ryu is Subsonic speed.

Nah. Hakari could react to it. Hakari's just getting caught by surprised more than not. And he's not much faster than Uraume.
Subsonic character dodging MHS attack is funny. Even if go with your arguments Ryu can do same thing like Hakari it doesn't change the outcome of getting a serious injury.
Also, this was already addressed: Kashimo's lightning has sure-hit effects even without domain. Dodging, it will be out of the equation for Ryu. Hakari did lose his arm. Ryu doesn't have RCT; he wouldn't be able to spam the domain with one hand. GB is easily dodged even in close distance; if Yuta can react and survive that with losing a few fingers, I don't see why Kashimo can't, while not the other way around.
this will basically come down to who will deal the killing level of damage first and with how kashimo's can't be avaded (which granite blast can be) I'd say kashimo takes it more often than not by either turning Ryu's head into a bloody mist with a lighting bolt, or rip through his chest with a blot, or rip his arm off with a bolt at which point ryu can't use domain nor can he fight back all that well.

Kashimo wins 8/10 times mid to high diff.

This doesn't mean Ryu's durability is infinitely above Yuta
I didn't say that.

You are acting like Ryu would in character activate Domain from the get to go. + Kashimo would just use the HWB + Lightning Discharge to destroy Ryu's head the moment he spams the domain it's not like his lighting needs any hand signs. He can also use his staff as a medium to land a surprise attack. Heck he can break the domain from outside by keeping the staff outside from the beginning of the match and bringing back the Lightining to his side. There are several things he can do.
I didn't say he'd do it from the get go. Doing HWB leaves one vulnerable in a domain, plus Ryu can still launch GB as a ct from himself to attack Kashimo to stop him from keeping HWB up.

Kashimo attack speed isn't downgraded just because Hakari feat was accepted as outlier doesn't mean anything. Also stop trying to use Hakari dodging lightning so anyone can do argument when Ryu is Subsonic speed.
I don't know why we'd call a feat an outlier, but accept the attack speed for an attack that absolutely no one else has scaling to. How consistent is that within the story? That a random sorcerer from the past happened to have real lightning speed electricity but no one, not even the strongest of the verse could demonstrably have scaling on that level? Or would the presumption that the electricity's speed isn't lightning speed be more reasonable? Then it would align with the speed consistency of the verse, being below mhs.

Subsonic character dodging MHS attack is funny. Even if go with your arguments Ryu can do same thing like Hakari it doesn't change the outcome of getting a serious injury.
Also, this was already addressed: Kashimo's lightning has sure-hit effects even without domain. Dodging, it will be out of the equation for Ryu. Hakari did lose his arm. Ryu doesn't have RCT; he wouldn't be able to spam the domain with one hand. GB is easily dodged even in close distance; if Yuta can react and survive that with losing a few fingers, I don't see why Kashimo can't, while not the other way around.
I never said dodge, I said react. And Yuta is can reduce damage with all his ce.

I didn't say that.
Then the point itself is useless in the argument
I didn't say he'd do it from the get go. Doing HWB leaves one vulnerable in a domain, plus Ryu can still launch GB as a ct from himself to attack Kashimo to stop him from keeping HWB up.
Vulnerable to attacks by Ryu, which are mostly GB. Ryu isn't someone who closes in for a fight, and as I said, Kashimo would keep his staff outside, as we see in the Hakari fight. As a backup plan, he can just draw back the lightning. We all know how Ryu's domain got destroyed by outside barriers, which are weaker from the outside.

Also, HWB Kashimo should still be able to dodge Ryu's blast if he doesn't close in from a distance.

Also Sukuna needed Hand signs to keep it up because Anti domain techniques only buys little bit of time it's not a written rule Kashimo should keep it up entire time. We do see Reggies baskets still there even without the signs this is same case for Simple domain they would protect the user for some time even without hand signs.
5-6RaGZ8NlXEbI8.png
7-aWNd1umgpnNyt.png

Anyway this much of time is enough to spam lightning discharge without any problem closing the distance.
Not like he needs hand signs for Lightining discharge. He can release that with his soldier elbow alone.
16-fyPOa5q0kw7aV-m.jpg

I don't know why we'd call a feat an outlier, but accept the attack speed for an attack that absolutely no one else has scaling to. How consistent is that within the story? That a random sorcerer from the past happened to have real lightning speed electricity but no one, not even the strongest of the verse could demonstrably have scaling on that level? Or would the presumption that the electricity's speed isn't lightning speed be more reasonable? Then it would align with the speed consistency of the verse, being below mhs.
"The strongest sorcerer doesn't necessarily have the same attack speed as the weakest character, so I believe the weakest character's speed is an outlier."

This argument relies solely on incredulity. There is no written rule stating that the strongest character in the verse should also be the fastest. Furthermore, having MHS attack speed based on lightning discharge doesn't conflict with the headcanon of capping at MHS speed because of BF.

It is also consistent enough that Gege's explanation was stated multiple times, which fits in with real lightning.

I didn't even just say just lightning speed. The clear, sure-hit property of lightning itself is not dodgeable, while GB is easily dodgeable.
I never said dodge, I said react. And Yuta is can reduce damage with all his ce.
Yuta has higher CE storage. Ryu has output both are not the same.
JP Hakari has storage+Output (Still Lightining discharge destroyed JP Hakari hand). Damage reduction happens when characters has good storage not just output. Still Ryu doesn't have feats for reducing any damage with the method you are mentioning and Yuta's scan isn't going to help him anyway because of Ryu only having higher output not any CE storage.

Then the point itself is useless in the argument
Because its not infinitely above Yuta?

Ryu isn't someone who closes in for a fight
Yeah so he'd keep distance right? Like he initially did. Several hundred meters to be exact.

Also Sukuna needed Hand signs to keep it up because Anti domain techniques only buys little bit of time it's not a written rule Kashimo should keep it up entire time. We do see Reggies baskets still there even without the signs this is same case for Simple domain they would protect the user for some time even without hand signs.
Just slowly goes away it looks. Not too important anyway given what I said
plus Ryu can still launch GB as a ct from himself to attack Kashimo to stop him from keeping HWB up.

Anyway this much of time is enough to spam lightning discharge without any problem closing the distance.
Not like he needs hand signs for Lightining discharge. He can release that with his soldier elbow alone.
I don't see this being the case. Ryu's got the range advantage, something he abused early on in the Sendai fight, he'd do the same here and the discharge wouldn't be viable.

This argument relies solely on incredulity. There is no written rule stating that the strongest character in the verse should also be the fastest. Furthermore, having MHS attack speed based on lightning discharge doesn't conflict with the headcanon of capping at MHS speed because of BF.

It is also consistent enough that Gege's explanation was stated multiple times, which fits in with real lightning.

I didn't even just say just lightning speed. The clear, sure-hit property of lightning itself is not dodgeable, while GB is easily dodgeable.
And there doesn't need to be a rule lmao, its more about how consistent it is that an attack is leagues above everything else without any real statement or scaling in the manga. Ya just grant it lightning speed due to nothing tangible. "It's electricity? It's called lightning? It got one reference to lightning? Lightning speed". Nothing ever demonstrated its speed to be lightning and the story doesn't even imply it.

Stated multiple times? It barely explained how its real lightning lmao. It gave two explanations and says his curse energy acts like electricity, never that this was actual lightning.

Why do you keep bringing up dodgeable when that was never my argument with GB or the discharge?

Yuta has higher CE storage. Ryu has output both are not the same.
JP Hakari has storage+Output (Still Lightining discharge destroyed JP Hakari hand). Damage reduction happens when characters has good storage not just output. Still Ryu doesn't have feats for reducing any damage with the method you are mentioning and Yuta's scan isn't going to help him anyway because of Ryu only having higher output not any CE storage.
This wasn't about Ryu reducing damage. It was a response to this
if Yuta can react and survive that with losing a few fingers, I don't see why Kashimo can't, while not the other way around.
Yuta wasn't hurt so much because he can keep damage to a minimum.

I won't keep arguing the lightning point, if others think Kashimo just needs a couple hits, lands discharge and one shots then the fights a stomp I'd say.

Ryu cooks this guy.

Let’s start off with the idea that firstly, Ryu does have the AP advantage. His statement of having the highest CE output was made at 11:28, and Kashimo was already in the CG at this time, since at 12:00 they’re still planning to enter, specifically having Hakari encounter him. Important to note that this Kashimo barely sustains any physical injuries from Hakari, despite not only his sandpaper CE trait, but from his immense output. Therefore, in terms of output, we can conclude:

Ryu > Kashimo ~ Hakari.

This doubles in the fact that Ryu can just easily ignore his CE trait, making it useless. This isn’t to mention the massive range advantage Ryu has, being able to launch blasts like this, ones that home in on him, etc. Kashimo’s only wincon is Lightning Charge, which is a valid one, but Ryu has his own in his Domain Expansion. 120% Ryu cooks, and Kashimo’s only defense is HWB, which he absolutely needs to keep up with at all times, effectively rendering discharge useless since he can’t punch Ryu.

And yes, you do need to keep your hands clasped together, the panels where it was up after Reggie’s hands weren’t together clearly isn’t consistent with what Sukuna did, he kept his hands together for 3 chapters straight. Voting Ryu.

Yeah so he'd keep distance right? Like he initially did. Several hundred meters to be exact.
I don't see this being the case. Ryu's got the range advantage, something he abused early on in the Sendai fight, he'd do the same here and the discharge wouldn't be viable.
Ryu would just lose to CE efficiency if he keeps the distance. Because his attacks are dodgable.
And there doesn't need to be a rule lmao, its more about how consistent it is that an attack is leagues above everything else without any real statement or scaling in the manga. Ya just grant it lightning speed due to nothing tangible. "It's electricity? It's called lightning? It got one reference to lightning? Lightning speed". Nothing ever demonstrated its speed to be lightning and the story doesn't even imply it.

Stated multiple times? It barely explained how its real lightning lmao. It gave two explanations and says his curse energy acts like electricity, never that this was actual lightning.
@PowerToScale made a collective explanation from all the scans in the manga in one of the previous threads there is enough proof that it acts as real lightining. I will look for that later.
Why do you keep bringing up dodgeable when that was never my argument with GB or the discharge?

This wasn't about Ryu reducing damage. It was a response to this

Yuta wasn't hurt so much because he can keep damage to a minimum.
This argument doesn't work because GB is CE blast not some special effect blasts. Anyone with good durability should be able to tank that.
I won't keep arguing the lightning point, if others think Kashimo just needs a couple hits, lands discharge and one shots then the fights a stomp I'd say.
Stomp is when one character one shots another. It's just Kashimo has better Wincons than Ryu. This is not a stomp.as far as I see.

Ryu cooks this guy.

Let’s start off with the idea that firstly, Ryu does have the AP advantage. His statement of having the highest CE output was made at 11:28, and Kashimo was already in the CG at this time, since at 12:00 they’re still planning to enter, specifically having Hakari encounter him. Important to note that this Kashimo barely sustains any physical injuries from Hakari, despite not only his sandpaper CE trait, but from his immense output. Therefore, in terms of output, we can conclude:

Ryu > Kashimo ~ Hakari.
Also it's not stated Ryu has highest AP. It was stated he has highest CE output both are different things. Physical durability and CE output are different things.
This doubles in the fact that Ryu can just easily ignore his CE trait, making it useless. This isn’t to mention the massive range advantage Ryu has, being able to launch blasts like this, ones that home in on him, etc. Kashimo’s only wincon is Lightning Charge, which is a valid one, but Ryu has his own in his Domain Expansion. 120% Ryu cooks, and Kashimo’s only defense is HWB, which he absolutely needs to keep up with at all times, effectively rendering discharge useless since he can’t punch Ryu.

And yes, you do need to keep your hands clasped together, the panels where it was up after Reggie’s hands weren’t together clearly isn’t consistent with what Sukuna did, he kept his hands together for 3 chapters straight. Voting Ryu.
5-6RaGZ8NlXEbI8.png
7-aWNd1umgpnNyt.png

16-fyPOa5q0kw7aV-m.jpg

Also it's not stated Ryu has highest AP. It was stated he has highest CE output both are different things. Physical durability and CE output are different things.
Addresses nothing I said.

Nor does your explanation counter Sukuna needing to keep his hands together, for three chapters straight without fail.

Addresses nothing I said.

Nor does your explanation counter Sukuna needing to keep his hands together, for three chapters straight without fail.
He wanted to avoid Jacob ladder + as Uraume stated he wasn't locked in the beginning not that he was trying to finish up the fight as soon as possible. His CE reserves was already on same level as Yuta. Not to mention Yuji nerfed his output even more. He constantly needed to keep the chants and signs to defend himself. His output might be even lower than Yuta at that time. That doesn't counter HWB is an anti domain technique which is similar to SD.

He wanted to avoid Jacob ladder + as Uraume stated he wasn't locked in the beginning not that he was trying to finish up the fight as soon as possible. His CE reserves was already on same level as Yuta. Not to mention Yuji nerfed his output even more. He constantly needed to keep the chants and signs to defend himself. His output might be even lower than Yuta at that time. That doesn't counter HWB is an anti domain technique which is similar to SD.
Again, none of this addresses anything I’m saying. In order for HWB to work, and be maintained, you must keep your hands together, that’s it. Kashimo will be at a massive disadvantage.

Again, none of this addresses anything I’m saying. In order for HWB to work, and be maintained, you must keep your hands together, that’s it. Kashimo will be at a massive disadvantage.
It's the other way around and you keep repeating same thing instead of addressing Reggie part. I already explained why Sukuna needed to keep his hand signs you already ignored that without making an argument.

Besides, it doesn't matter as Lightning Discharge doesn't need hand signs to fire at Ryu. If he uses DE, he would be in the range of Kashimo. Also, make up your mind: if you say Ryu would maintain his distance and keep firing GB, he wouldn't be able to use DE. If he lets Kashimo get close, he would get hit by Lightning Discharge, so both DE and keeping distance strategies won't work in favor of Ryu. Long-distance GB shots can be dodged, unlike Lightning Discharge, which traces positive and negative charges in CE. We do know the homing attack of Ryu only works where he can visually see, not that it's going to do anything when the opponent hides, like Yuta going under the bridge and running around and dodging it. Ryu, with all of his GB blasts, lasts around 5 minutes more or less, while Kashimo's can keep fighting JP Hakari for around 2 DE, so stamina and efficiency go to Kashimo.

Kashimo can just trace back his lightining discharge from the staff to break Ryu's domain from outside. Which would just drain Ryu's CE.
14-IrOvdWoeP3wMq-m.jpg

It's the other way around and you keep repeating same thing instead of addressing Reggie part. I already explained why Sukuna needed to keep his hand signs you already ignored that without making an argument.
I did address the Reggie part, it’s inconsistent with Sukuna’s preformance. Sukuna needed to keep his hands together to avoid the sure hit, the moment he stopped, he was susceptible to Yuta’s sure-hit. Whether Sukuna had low CE or output is frankly irrelevant to what I’m saying, in order to activate HWB, and maintain it, you must keep your hands clasped, that’s just inarguable.

This is the last time I’m responding to this.

I did address the Reggie part, it’s inconsistent with Sukuna’s preformance. Sukuna needed to keep his hands together to avoid the sure hit, the moment he stopped, he was susceptible to Yuta’s sure-hit. Whether Sukuna had low CE or output is frankly irrelevant to what I’m saying, in order to activate HWB, and maintain it, you must keep your hands clasped, that’s just inarguable.

This is the last time I’m responding to this.
Having low output is effective against anti-domain techniques. Even Yuki and Tengen have already discussed how Kenjaku can evade Sure Hit from Yuki and survive her domain. Knowing Tegen and Yuki already have advantages in hand-to-hand combat and Garuda's mid-range advantage, they still thought Kenny could survive Yuki's domain with HWB. If HWB can only be used with hand signs kept throughout the domain, it wouldn't be the case. Anti-domain techniques are something which last for less time. Not to mention Sukuna has the advantage of two extra hands; it's common for him to maintain it throughout the DE. Reggie was ready to fight MEGUMI after activation of HWB. So my interpretation has a better explanation than whatever you gave so far. In fact, your only argument is Sukuna ignoring the fact he or anyone ever stated without hand signs it doesn't last for some time. What you are doing is arguing with incredulity. You just don't want to believe that HWB can be maintained for some time like SD.

I told you I wasn’t going to be addressing you on that anymore, the things you’re referencing are frankly irrelevant to my point, so I don’t see a point in responding.

They do because your only argument was Sukuna while mine includes onscreen fight of Reggie and statement for Kenjaku surviving a domain with HWB.

Not to mention for keeping hand signs for HWB or not isn't addressing how Ryu is gonna counter lightning discharge if he uses DE in close range, Kashimo also has feats for just fighting with his legs and Landing hits. Ryu getting damaged inside the domain would lead him to collapse his domain like Sukuna and Mahito and long distance Kashimo would just outlast due to better efficiency and stamina. Ryu wins without even giving proper wincons? LMAO

Okay, so you’ve just displayed you didn’t actually read my comment, which really isn’t surprising, because if you did, you’d see this:

Kashimo’s only wincon is Lightning Charge, which is a valid one,

They do because your only argument was Sukuna while mine includes onscreen fight of Reggie and statement for Kenjaku surviving a domain with HWB.
Again, I don’t know what you’re talking about, when has Kenjaku survived a domain with HWB? I did give wincons, you just lack comprehension, which again, isn’t surprising.

Okay, so you’ve just displayed you didn’t actually read my comment, which really isn’t surprising, because if you did, you’d see this:
Still don't see Ryu Wincons can you show where you addressed my argument?
Again, I don’t know what you’re talking about, when has Kenjaku survived a domain with HWB?
Show me where I said that? It just shows you are one who lacking reading comprehension. Mind sharing where I said this?
I did give wincons, you just lack comprehension, which again, isn’t surprising.
Ad Hominem
Your above reply already shows who lacks reading comprehension. I never said Kenjaku survived domain using HWB.

Still don't see Ryu Wincons can you show where you addressed my argument?
I already mentioned them, higher AP, range, domain.

Show me where I said that? It just shows you are one who lacking reading comprehension. Mind sharing where I said this?

statement for Kenjaku surviving a domain with HWB.
I literally quoted you saying it. You’re such a moron you don’t even remember things you just typed at me and ask where you said it.

Your above reply already shows who lacks reading comprehension. I never said Kenjaku survived domain using HWB
I don’t know why you complain about ad-hom while engaging in one yourself, either don’t or do, pretty simple. I don’t care about it either way.

I already mentioned them, higher AP, range, domain.
Range was already addressed
AP isn't helping him when gets dodged
Domain was already addressed with lightning discharge smokin' him if he gets close to Kashimo. Also needs to be within range to even spam one.
I literally quoted you saying it. You’re such a moron you don’t even remember things you just typed at me and ask where you said it.
Appeal to ignorance. I already explained way before the context for that
Having low output is effective against anti-domain techniques. Even Yuki and Tengen have already discussed how Kenjaku can evade Sure Hit from Yuki and survive her domain. Knowing Tegen and Yuki already have advantages in hand-to-hand combat and Garuda's mid-range advantage, they still thought Kenny could survive Yuki's domain with HWB. If HWB can only be used with hand signs kept throughout the domain, it wouldn't be the case. Anti-domain techniques are something which last for less time. Not to mention Sukuna has the advantage of two extra hands; it's common for him to maintain it throughout the DE. Reggie was ready to fight MEGUMI after activation of HWB. So my interpretation has a better explanation than whatever you gave so far. In fact, your only argument is Sukuna ignoring the fact he or anyone ever stated without hand signs it doesn't last for some time. What you are doing is arguing with incredulity. You just don't want to believe that HWB can be maintained for some time like SD.
I don’t know why you complain about ad-hom while engaging in one yourself, either don’t or do, pretty simple. I don’t care about it either way.
Idk where I commited ad hominem

Yeah lets just focus on the match, no need for ya to end up in rvr thread lmao.

But Millyrock laid out Ryu's win cons pretty well.

Also the HWB point, Sukuna bringing up how he needs to keep his hands and mouth to keep using HWB should be proof enough the hands gotta stay together. Even if I agree HWB doesn't need your hands clasped constantly, We're still shown Reggie got hit and lost HWB. So there's two options:

HWB requires your hands constantly clasped to keep it up. Or HWB can be deactivated from getting attacked disrupting it.
And I've addressed how both get countered even if you still disagree. Just like Jogo can use his ct in Domain, not a sure hit attack, or just how Megumi's domain wasn't imbued with a ct and could use his ct itself, Ryu would see HWB and know "Damn let me just use my ct itself".

Back