• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edens Zero True Overdrive Shiki Potential Upgrade

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
So we have a KE calc made by Zackra that involves Shiki stopping the Seven Space Dragons that they encountered

The result comes out at 7-B, however the issue is whether or not we should use KE, some people believe that in that moment, the Edens Zero and the Space Dragons were flying at FTL speeds and if this is the case, then we can't use KE, however if not, then maybe the calc would work out, but Damage has issue with assuming that the Edens Zero moved the speed of IRL Spacecrafts

In general, there's just a lot going on and we should discuss whether or not this calc is valid and whether we can use it

If we don't apply then would that mean characters will be getting FTL speed ?
Since calc is not being applied because they are moving at FTL speeds ?

If we don't apply then would that mean characters will be getting FTL speed ?
Since calc is not being applied because they are moving at FTL speeds ?
Well, if we believe that the Edens Zero Ship and Space Dragons are FTL, then they would get it

I don’t know much about Calcs so My position is I’m neutral on this and I’ll wait for others input

but I feel like the fact that witch specifies that the EZ was in combat mode shows a difference between travel speed and maybe shows that the EZ is possibly slower when in combat speed compared to travel speed
So the fact that they were in combat mode when the engaged the dragons shows could possibly mean they weren’t using their full speed

we know the EZ has “Fast travel” and was capable of leaving the planet Red cave and making it to Blue garden and back relatively quickly in order to recruit Laguna but idk if that’s teleporting or FTL speeds

Even if it is traveling at FTL speeds then it won't be just FTL but far faster than that since they are able to travel to a different galaxy within weeks. The nearest galaxy to us is andromeda galaxy. Which is like 2.5 million light years away.
Even if we say galaxies are closer in Eden's zero they would still be like 1 million light years away from each other. Unless we say that they are just a light year away. Even then if we assume that they are traveling then we are getting a much higher than FTL feat.

If they were teleporting then we are 120 around chapters in the story we would have seen the teleporting or warping thing.

Combat mode is slower than Traveling mode. In this case being slower wouldn't really matter much.
Ofcourse I have no idea about calcs and how to calculate so above is just my assumption.
I might be completely wrong about all those big number.
God, should have taken something like astrophysics (Don't even know if that is the right name for subject)

Rebecca's spaceship could travel between Granbell and Bluegarden in a few hours, and they are in entirely different star systems. Edens Zero is far faster than that. Even without fast travel, Edens Zero reaches at least FTL speeds.

It also makes sense considering Dragons travel to the end of the cosmos and the Dragon we see at the end of chapter-1 managed to reach mother by the start of chapter-2.

The Edens Zero cosmology isn't exactly the same as ours seeing as they have liquid oceans in space between the planets of the Aoi Cosmos, and the Sakura Cosmos is filled with sakura petals.

The Edens Zero travelling from the Sakura Cosmos to the Aoi Cosmos shouldn't be assumed as being comparable to travelling to a different galaxy. In fact I don't think we've ever been given a statement as to what the distances between planets are like, do we?

Some planets some extremely close to each other like how the Chronophage was able to pass through several planets at the same time despite not being trillions of miles in length.

There's the Sakura Cosmos map indicating general positions of the Planet's and the Planets aren't directly visible on it, the important Planets had to be zoomed in. Only stars are visible as white dots.

And Bluegarden, Granbell are considerably farther apart on it where the Planets aren't even 1 pixel large. Considering the distance between them, they should belong to different solar systems since it isn't possible to be so much farther apart under the same Sun and yet have inhabitable conditions in both the Planets.

@Damage3245
In regards to the calc, we know that the Edens Zero can enter and exit planets with ease, so we could just use the escape velocity of Earth as a lowball for the speed of the Edens Zero which is 11,186 m/s, only 103 m/s more than my value for the Edens Zero speed.

However I'm unsure about the FTL argument, as there really isn't anything to go off of besides the combat speed statement from Witch and ones own interpretation. I think adding this for now is fine until more concrete info is given about the Edens Zero's speed as this currently only affects one AP value in the Verse. It would be an easy fix if the Edens Zero ship is proven to move at FTL speeds in combat.

I agree with Zackra personally, just because I'm against assuming FTL for the speed the ship was using in combat, I mean the entire crew of the Edens Zero could react to the space dragons and aim properly with how fast the ship was moving, so unless the crew has FTL reactions, then I doubt the ship was moving at FTL speeds

We also see the EZ accelerating after that Shiki shot his gravity-bullet at the dragons, meaning that it wasn't going at full speed.
Also, the fact that they have fast travel to cover greater distances can be another "evidence" of them not going at FTL speed all the time, especially in fighting mode.

I'm really not sure about using the K.E. method, over just using the destruction calc above.

Trying to assign random speeds to them for the sake of low-balling the calc feels weird to me.

I mean idk much about Calcs
but I’m fine with what Zackra1799 said about using the escape velocity of Earth as a lowball for the speed of the Edens Zero

@Zackra1799 Just add an end to the calc that uses escape velocity of earth for the speed of the dragons and that should be acceptable for the KE of the Dragons

Wow, it’s like the same exact result, well I’m ok with using that version of the calc

Well, if that’s accepted, then we need to talk scaling about Drakken Joe if True Overdrive Shiki is now 7-B, first of all, Drakken Joe needs at least 3 keys, one for his full power, one for when the Element Four are defeated and one for his Mutated Overdrive, here’s how I think it should look

Full Power

At least 8-A+, at least 7-B with True Overdrive

Post-Element Four Defeat

8-A, 7-B with True Overdrive

Mutated Overdrive

Likely 7-B

I should explain the justifications

Full Power

At least 8-A+ (Overpowered Incomplete Overdrive Shiki and Jinn), at least 7-B with True Overdrive (Far stronger than his Post-Element Four Defeat True Overdrive)

Post-Element Four Defeat

At least 8-A (Fought and overpowered Base Shiki), 7-B with True Overdrive (Should be stronger than True Overdrive Shiki. Far stronger than his Mutated Overdrive)

Mutated Overdrive

Likely 7-B (Somewhat fought and matched True Overdrive Shiki)

Thoughts?

Back