• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Edelweiss vs Kumoko

Speed Equal

High 6-A versions

SBA otherwise

Kingspider
Can the Queen of Cheaters beat the strongest swordswoman?​

Well, Kumoko starts by passively getting the f*** outta there.

Well, not quite passively but if not consciously then per emergency protocoll of her clones.

Depends what that means. Fight a life and death battle for her pride? Probably.

Die for nothing? Nah.

Shouldn't awfully matter, though, as Kumoko is outside the range of anything Edelweiss does anyway.

More like she knows that if she fights she will die. Will she initiate the battle in that case?

As for range, first of all it doesn't matter. It's from knowing you'll die, you don't stop knowing you'll die if you walk far away. Example touka was feeling her death (she was experiencing it) even though tendou was several cities away. As long as she thinks about fighting edel she will feel the effect. Same for ppl who can sense aura from further away if they sense edel they will get the effect. If they can't feel edel though they can escape getting affected even from less than 4km.

Nah, she won't. She's egoistical. Her clones on the other hand....

Proof that it works over interstellar distances and into other spaces?

Has Edelweiss even a win con? Fate is nice, but without feats only goes so far. Can it destroy souls with Shiraori's level of resistance?

Shiraori eventually wins if Edelweiss can't kill her.

Ok so i read Shiori's profile a bit. And i do not see why she would have a way around anything here.

Her teleport is thought based so she would not even have a chance to teleport, without even getting into the argument of would she sense edel from there or not. She would just surrender from feeling her own death.

Edel can't kill her due to low godly so she can't show her a plausible death.

Also fear manipulation in general never seems to take into account the fight or flight response. Emphasis on fight. A lot of people operate on hit scary thing/threat until it dies so it VN's no longer be a scary threat.

Desperado passive. People see their own death play out when near a desperado. This happens because you can see/feel their fate (which for some reason shows death).

The panic until not long ago that started from the assault in Kledelland.

And during that, the fact that she felt her『death』in the presences released by《Marionette King》 and《Haboob》.

The end of the path of the fate she was making progress on.

She felt despair, as if fixedly staring at the hell stretching out there.

― That is《Desperado》, isn't it?

It was no wonder.

Stella was a knight with a certain true strength.

She should have experienced her own『death』in detail by《Marionette King》and《Haboob》.

And then, she would have to face them again.

That was the same as the act of throwing oneself to hell without a lifeline.

Her legs trembled, her heart froze, her soul screamed――

So it apparently exists because looking at a desperado (or sensing them), will show you the end of your own fate (death).

The real cal howard said:
Edel can't kill her due to low godly so she can't show her a plausible death.
Also fear manipulation in general never seems to take into account the fight or flight response. Emphasis on fight. A lot of people operate on hit scary thing/threat until it dies so it VN's no longer be a scary threat.
Not really. Ikki specifically couldn't kill Iris, he still managed to fate/death hax her.

Though at this point i guess i should stop calling them "desperado passives". Since they're not passives due to being desperado, but passives for certain ppl cus they are passively bloodlusted.

Though "Desperado Passives" does sound good, so i need sth to sound better.

Not really. Ikki specifically couldn't kill Iris, he still managed to fate/death hax her.

I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying

>Edel can't kill her so he can't show a plausable death.

>Ikki couldn't kill Iris, he could still fate hax her death.

How is this saying the same thing?

There's Edelweiss first fight against Pre Desperado Ikki where Ikki overcome his fear and manage to have a sword fight with her despite not being a desperado. You can still act in that manner

Ikki wasn't affected by Iris' death effect though. Ikki could affect her with fate hax, she never showed such ability to control him. He was likely a better desperado.

As for pre Desperado Ikki vs Edel, ikki specifically decided he would throw his life away to protect his sister Shizuku:

In the past, a young samurai stood before her in the, blocking her way for his dearest little sister, he frenetically tried to control his body and heart that tried to ran away, trembling in fear while knowing that he would die if he opposed her.

But, I'm sorry too. I can't possibly leave.

He was certainly scared. Just from her gaze, he could feel his entire body shaking, and cold sweat sliding down his back. His teeth were shivering, and his legs were about to give way. It was the first time Ikki felt like this. To have fear fighting him like this.

But, that he had a reason to fight that terror. He had a reason to stay here! Therefore—

Ikki specifically was capable of throwing his life away to protect his sister. Same for Stella after Edel trashed her a bit:

― I have the duty as the Imperial Family of Vermillion! I have the duty to make frantic efforts for the citizens who live in Vermillion! And for that, even if it results in me losing my life, I'm not going to give a step back or run away from my responsibilities ――!!!!

Stella accelerated, without minding the other two people, to get near《Wings Abreast》.

To fulfill her responsibility as the sword of Vermillion.

To obtain that strength.

If that was impossible, then it was fine to die here.

These are specifically people who are capable of fighting against the fear, in other words are resolved to die. This is what happens to Kurono who does not have such resolve.

"…Isn't that World Clock?"

"Edelweiss, you bitch—!"

Kurono Shinguuji, the World Clock, had jumped over the wall, and sighted Ikki's bloody and fallen form. Pulling out her Device, a pair of one-white-one-black handguns in anger, she turned the muzzles toward Edelweiss.

"Calm yourself."

At the instant Edelweiss was going to be shot between in the eyes, the fingers on the trigger were frozen in place. It was as if Kurono's heart had exploded from fear. She had landed on the ground, and only just barely pointed the gun barrels, but even so her fingers didn't move.

What was stopping her was none other than Kurono's own instincts. Because if she moved her fingers just a little, the battle was start instantly, and she knew she couldn't win this fight.

Firephoenixearl said:
Though what's with the way you spelled Edelweiss @DontTalkDT?

Edelweiß

Edelweeb
The name probably relates to the flower, which is named after a german word that is correctly spelled Edelweiß. Since english doesn't really use ß it is spelled with ss in english.

Sooooo.... I basically just wanted to mess around, no deeper reason.

Firephoenixearl said:
Her teleport is thought based so she would not even have a chance to teleport, without even getting into the argument of would she sense edel from there or not. She would just surrender from feeling her own death.
Her clones (spread over the entire planet and in various pocket dimensions; have separate AI like minds and everything) have an automatic emergency protocol in case the main body gets incapacitated. Isolating the main body in a pocket dimension is part of that.

Another part of said emergency protocol is identifying and neutralizing the incapacitating factor. Evil Eye of Serenity is the perfect tool for negating fear hax.

(And facing her death is normal for Kumoko. She just has no plans of dying.)

First of all, are the clones up at all times (passive)?

Second, why would evil eye negate a natural form of fear hax? This is literally just you experiencing your death, it's natural not to want to fight in those circumstances. Do explain what Evil Eye is though xD.

Doesn't matter, she has to fight knowing that she "will" die, not "might" die. Ikki's case was "i'll at least save my sister, so whatever if i die", whereas Stella was "If i don't become good enough to fight desperados i don't want to live" (basically getting almost suicidal in case of a failure). Not planning to die is exactly what means she will not take any action against edelweiss.

Yes, 10k+ clones are passive.

Because that evil eye in particular is made for that very purpose. It induces serenity in the target, by that preventing mental breakdown.

She wouldn't surrender even against an opponent that opposing means certain death due to her pride. That's more or less her situation in regards to D. She would not try directly engaging in a fight either, but against a mortal opponent she can win without doing that.

Can she show the fated death to someone immortal? Given that, you know, Kumoko probably has no death in her future fate in general.

I see, anything they can do?

It doesn't induce mental breakdown though, you don't go crazy from it. You're just scared because you literally see yourself die.

Stella has pride, didn't stop her from ******** her pants from meeting Edelweiss and Or Gaule. Pride is not a solution, everyone has pride in rakudai. It's all about throwing your life away.

Well, tbh, it should still be possible, but arguing that without feats falls into NLF. But she can still just tell her "don't move" and end the fight via incap.

Firephoenixearl said:
Though at this point i guess i should stop calling them "desperado passives". Since they're not passives due to being desperado, but passives for certain ppl cus they are passively bloodlusted.

Though "Desperado Passives" does sound good, so i need sth to sound better.
Call them passive Desperados. That's a little ironic, but so is the idea of something being passive when you're bloodlusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back