• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
I thought about a few things, currently EBF characters are granted the ability to hit intangible beings because they can hit ghosts and kill them with their hands, but wouldn't this grant them Soul Manipulation as well? If yes, it would also grant resistance to Akron/Godcat because they weren't killed immediately (In fact, Akron wasn't killed for good and Godcat toyed with them)

Second, according to Brawl Royale, Natz can kill Matt in CQC, so her striking strenght should scale from her AP.

Third, it's stated that Akron could only be sealed in the past due to his immortality, so this should grant him resistance to Death Manipulation (Possibly type 4 immortality too but idk) considering the plethora of death manipulating skills in the verse.

Also pretty sure that the entire party is aware of the fourth wall.

I'm okay with Limited Soul Manipulation for the cast, and Natalie's SS scaling to others. Maybe okay with Akron getting Soul Manipulation resistance, but I'm iffy.

Akron requiring to be sealed could just be because he was so ludicrously powerful no one could get rid of him in any other way. It took the combined might of the three strongest people in the world to take him down, after all.

Early installments had a ton of 4th Wall Breaks, to the point where it was actually implied the world was actually an MMO, and that Matt and Natz were friends who played together. Natz would say stuff like "sorry I lagged out" before battles, for example. This angle was likely dropped fairly quickly, but the 4th wall breaks still happen. Theirs even a guy in EBF3 who talks about being the best NPC ever, and Matt supports him on that. So I'm fine with 4th Wall Awareness.

Well, he would still go down pretty quickly if he had 0 resistance. Their soul manipulation is nowhere near that of Akron himself, but still.

Well yeah, but that's kinda my point. If they could just walk up to him and say "Die" they would probably do it instead of resorting to sealing. Or do it after he was sealed

Lol i remember. They still do it in the credits but not as much as before

Here is the mage's statement.

Also NPC are soulless because this is totally not a Undertale reference. So Akron can soulscrew soulless beings ovo. Though to be fair, i wonder if more text was edited, given that it couldn't be a reference when EBF3 was new for obvious reasons

The more I think about it, the more i'm okay with Akrons resistance Death Manipulation.

Magic Absorption could be okay.

Ok. You are still uncertain about the soul resistance? (Godcat should probably have it too if it's good to go)

Bumping for the soul resistance thing.

Also I just noticed, but Akron lacks black hole creation

Well, not like I know the verse, but I agree too. What about the damage halving?

Also, harming spirits or ghosts counts as Soul Manipulation? Didn't know that.

@Burning

Damage halving already falls under her stat amping I think. Seiya has soul manipulation for this reason.

@Gar

Not my fault ovo. Talk about it with Rozsak

Btw, doesn't Godcat have some kind of healing negation? She took away the limbs from the cats, and they are still limbless after all this time. And I mean, it isn't like healing fatal wounds (or even resurrecting your soul) is anything new in the verse.

@Burning

Although to be fair, there is also the fact that in EBF souls do take the form of ghosts when outside the body. You can see it when a party member dies.

So considering harming ghosts = attacking the soul is kind of a safe bet

Yeah, since yesterday I've seen two people that have it for harming ghosts or spirits.

Dunno, maybe Godcat can do so because she's the one that created them? Well, wait for Dark I guess.

You know what, the Godcat thing is probably too uncertain. Although i still need the page open to add the resistance to soul manip

Also, shouldn't Syphon count as simple power nullification instead of simple magic negation? It negates all the skills in game

Added the stuff that was agreed upon in the meantime.

Stuff left:

Determining what Godcat did exactly because idk how to classify it

"Possibly 3-A" for the lowest key since the boss was called a universal threat?

Determining what, exactly? Sorry, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread.

Universal threat =/= destroying the universe. It could just mean he's a tyrant.

Biological Manipulation, maybe?

Saving the universe doesn't mean the guy was going to completely destroy it. If he was going to destroy it, it could've been over the process of an untold number of years. I think changing the "likely higher" to "likely far higher" is okay, though.

Maybe.

Fair enough. AP justification could be something like (Dealt this level of damage with a casual strike, the narrator stated that he saved the universe after the end of the game) with the respective links

Ok. Could you open Godcat's page for me?

Also she can hit the spirits as well, so soul manip for her too I guess

NoLegs should probably get the soul manip too, but idk about the resistance.

Also doesn't Akron qualify for Power Absorption? He did stole their powers while absorbing their life energy after all

The fact that he can use some of their spells in battle back it up too

NoLegs should get Soul resistance or only the manipulation? He never actually tanked anything...

Maybe we should wait til EBF5 comes out to start giving NoLegs the resistances everyone else has.

Soul Manipulation should be fine though.

Alright, that was the last thing, closing.

Thanks everyone for the input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back