• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earthquake

One character with his attacks causes a big tremor in the city:
Screenshot_20210622-120744.png

Is it fair to consider an earthquake? I see some cases where just a simple tremor is considered an earthquake, but I want to be sure about this

If the earthquake is confirmed to have spread over to quite a large area, then yeah, it can be asserted as an Earthquake.

For normal shaking that can be felt by people but doesn't do much structural damage, Magnitude 4 is the starting point.

Magnitude 5 would be correct, no? The tremor has a lot of impact. The baseline of magnitude 5 is "Affecting all things".

5.0–5.9ModerateVI to VIICan cause damage of varying severity to poorly constructed buildings. Zero to slight damage to all other buildings. Felt by everyone.

One character with his attacks causes a big tremor in the city:
Screenshot_20210622-120744.png

Is it fair to consider an earthquake? I see some cases where just a simple tremor is considered an earthquake, but I want to be sure about this
Even if it is a magnitude 5-4 earthquake Mahito made do we even know how wide it spread?
If we don’t then it isn’t that noteworthy for him

Magnitude 5 would be correct, no? The tremor has a lot of impact. The baseline of magnitude 5 is "Affecting all things".

5.0–5.9ModerateVI to VIICan cause damage of varying severity to poorly constructed buildings. Zero to slight damage to all other buildings. Felt by everyone.
Btw Imo I think Magnitude 5 is fair I remember a MHA Calc used magnitude 5 off of buildings and cars shaking with everyone feeling it

Just causing shaking is usually assumed to be 4.0/4.5 from what i've seen

Well, people overestimate the magnitude 5
The description accepted by the site is said:
5.0–5.9ModerateVI to VIICan cause damage of varying severity to poorly constructed buildings. Zero to slight damage to all other buildings. Felt by everyone.1,000 to 1,500 per year
The description of a used calculator on the wiki says:
3.5-5.4Often felt, but rarely causes damage
A building is only affected by a magnitude 5 when the building is not of good quality. In the case of Japan, the buildings have earthquake-resistant characteristics.

Magnitude 5 is fair (Its actually a massive low-end)

EDIT: Like, watch this video. Japan's buildings can survive magnitude 7

And another

Last edited:
... yeah, duh? Just cause they can survive magnitude 7 earthquakes doesn't mean just a normal shaking feat won't be magnitude 4

Back