• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dynamic Equal stats Duo tournament!!!

The_Legendary_Vin

They/Them
I've wanted to run something... there's been quite a few tournaments, but I'm curious for how a mid range hax tournament would do, involving duos from the verses, example: Goku/Vegeta being one entry to the tournament, but not something like goku/naruto as they haven't teamed up before. if anyone's willing to help that'd be great!

Location: TOP Arena, half destroyed (Lots of rocks and damage to the arena, leaving rubble and different elevations to the fight

Rules:

The teams must be duos of characters from the same verse, and must have some sort of significant attachment with each other (For example, lovers, or rivals)

The characters can't have OP Hax, everything needs to be mid range hax (Sorry, No JJBA whatnot), this also applies to abilities that cockblock all other abilities because they aren't similar (For example, stuff like stands not being able to be seen by nonstand users), it just takes the fun out of things

Please don't use verses without much supporters or ones undergoing CRTs

all stats and abilities equalized, skill is not equalized, though please keep skill feats reasonable, I don't want this to boil down to Person A is a super ninja whose trained millions of years against person B who picked up a stick and swung it skillwise, also nor will range be equalized

BFR is not an allowed wincon, all other wincon are permitted

Starting range is from one intact end of the tournament of power arena to the other (about 100 meters), the allies in the duo are 5 meters apart

16 teams will be entered, and you can only enter one team (Per person)

initial match ups will be chosen by a wheel spinner

I assume a character like Tae Mu-Kangwould be too overpowered? I have another character I want to team him up with, but if this guy is too OP, I gotta change it with another character.

I assume a character like Tae Mu-Kangwould be too overpowered? I have another character I want to team him up with, but if this guy is too OP, I gotta change it with another character.
I'm very iffy on his whole taking chi and making a direct counter to it, plus being a skill focused verse, it's skill feats may be too out of hand, can I get his skill scaling chain in advanced?

Eh the intelligence section is basically it. Dw, they aren't some actual skill gods, altho they are pretty skilled.

But basically, people learn martial arts at the age of 6 to 7 years old, and this dude is able to fodderize people who have trained their whole lives, and was capable of fodderizing Dam Soo-Cheon who is a martial arts genius that everyone else can't compare to, who is almost comparable to someone who could master and learn new martial arts from a glance. Almost.

If it's too much, then I'll just pit Yu and Jean Pierre.

BTW, I assume mid level regen is not allowed? Because if it is allowed, then these two can't really do much.

Eh the intelligence section is basically it. Dw, they aren't some actual skill gods, altho they are pretty skilled.

But basically, people learn martial arts at the age of 6 to 7 years old, and this dude is able to fodderize people who have trained their whole lives, and was capable of fodderizing Dam Soo-Cheon who is a martial arts genius that everyone else can't compare to, who is almost comparable to someone who could master and learn new martial arts from a glance. Almost.

If it's too much, then I'll just pit Yu and Jean Pierre.

BTW, I assume mid level regen is not allowed? Because if it is allowed, then these two can't really do much.
I'll allow him, as his main hax seems very specific

Edit: Nvm, Rebound flux would have to be restricted

my only term is that these two abilities are restricted:

Force Deflection: With this ability, Jin is capable of deflecting any attack, including physical and intangible attacks, even attacks that can't be blocked, such as Soul-Shattering Thunderbolt from Mu-Jin.

Rebound Flux:
A technique only used by true masters, Tae is capable of surrounding his body with a special type of Chi that reflects any attack with several times more force, as well as make a forcefield that could not be destroyed by normal Chi or Weapons, either.

Ah wut why? Jin doesn't really deflect that much and he can't deflect many attacks at once, and the forcefield part for Tae can be broken. The whole "can't be broken by normal means" was just emphazied in the story that normal weak weapons and stuff can't really do shit because of how strong he is. It has been broken in the past.

Yeah no, This wall of hax is a bit much, Imma need to hear reasons for why this isn't OP af
They actually first lead with their main weapons (The X Buster and the Z Saber respectively) respectively before resorting to other weapons, meaning they don’t immediately start with hax. If they do get to use their other weapons, a majority of them fire in linear projectiles which should be easy to dodge.

Does the dodgable ones include the one shot ones? Ie AZ, matter manip, soul manip, etc? Do they have any one shot worthy hax that is Aoe or undodgable?

These 2 DC characters went through extensive CRTs and as such are safe to use and are concise enough to have all info about them in their page

And for some reason if that's too broken (Even though I know someone's gonna put a Black Clover character in), use these two

They actually first lead with their main weapons (The X Buster and the Z Saber respectively) respectively before resorting to other weapons, meaning they don’t immediately start with hax. If they do get to use their other weapons, a majority of them fire in linear projectiles which should be easy to dodge.
meh, why not

if this is the stuff this wiki considers mid level hax, I am genuinely terrified about what hax they consider high tier

Back