• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dwight Fairfield VS Butch the Bully

What's the starting distance?

Also, yes, give Dwight a rock or something.

Okay, so if he has a pistol, the starting distance is likely only a few meters. And in that case, Dwight starts by Sprint Burst tackling Butch to the ground before he can take aim and fire properly. Butch is a kid, so his aim ain't perfect.

Thus, even if Butch gets a shot, Dwight's Iron Will and similar will let him continue charging. The guy literally survives cleaver attacks from giant guys nearly twice his size, and continues on.

So, Butch maybe shoots once, hits non-lethally, and Dwight beats the shit out of the kid.

Yes.

Assuming he actually cares to fight here, he's just going to rush tackle the kid.

Butch being a child who wouldn't kill him unless he shot for the head, which I do not remember him ever doing, ever.

Point blank? If a much stronger man is charging at you, a crap ton faster than you, and you're but a little kid, you think that kid has the balls of steel to just stand there, ready a gun in 0.1 seconds, aim, and fire accurately? Not only has he never shot Cool Cat in the face in-character, but he doesn't have the skill nor capabilities of doing it.

Being able to use it doesn't mean being able to use it well. Best case scenario, he hits Dwight somewhere in the chest, then proceeds to have his ass beat relentlessly.

Well, yeah. Even if he has a basic idea of how to use it, i doubt he can land enough shots to take Dwight down. Still, he would totally try to run away.

Running away may be hard against a grown man who is several times faster.

I wonder if perks like Decisive Strike would come in to play. However i'm pretty sure that only works when Dwight is in a dying state.

Coming from someone who's played Dead by Daylight since 2017 (During the time Huntress and David King was released)

Also, Dwight does have a counter to Butch's gun, he also has Dead Hard. In which, Butch fires his gun and Dwight likely uses Dead Hard to easily dodge it, knowing that Dead Hard can help survivors dodge an attack from any killer. The only problem is that Dead Hard takes time to work; like Decisive Strike. And once he uses Dead Hard, he'll need to wait for it to reload again. So Butch could get a chance to shoot him, but i also kinda doubt that.

Dead Hard is more gameplay mechanics than anything. Really, the real thing is that Dwight can take one hell of a beating, and any shot not to the head is just not going to kill him, or probably even stagger him long enough to even prepare another good shot.

Moritzva said:
Dead Hard is more gameplay mechanics than anything. Really, the real thing is that Dwight can take one hell of a beating, and any shot not to the head is just not going to kill him, or probably even stagger him long enough to even prepare another good shot.
Absolutely. Dwight can take hits from weapons such as a cleaver, chainsaw, axes, knives, and sacrificial hooks; and keep going. However, said weapons can knock him out the second time. But he still survives them so..

I personally think Butch could shoot him in the face. The only reason he hasn't done it before is because he didn't have the chance to.

I doubt he would go for the kill from the start. he's a kid. Besides, Dwight could likely put him down before he would shoot him. I mean, the kid has 10-C durability, soo...one hit and he's out.

Back