• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability and Damage Transferal

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Is it possible to determine someone's durability through damage transferal?

Like, character A has the power to transfer on himself the damage that character B would receive.

B would totally be killed by this energy wave attack, literally turned into dust because he is just a normal human.
Instead, A is a supernatural creature with superhuman durability, and transfering on himself that damage only causes him to receive burns and other wounds.

If the output of the energy wave is determined, would it be possible to give proportional durability to A for surviving such attack with no lethal wounds, even though he didn't tank it on the first place?

Or at least 9-A because we see multiple times normal humans being turned into ash from this type of attack.

AP is all about damage, which is done via energy and stuff, if he suffered burns and stuff, he had energy transferred to him, and thus damage.

So yes, 9-A

Note that damage transfer does not send back the same attack, rather, it reflects the damage in another target. That means, if a character gets lost a limb, then the damage is transfered and then the target also losses a limb.

I think it depends on the fiction, I believe.

What I described in the op is basically a quick summary of the scene I took as reference, in which character A has to transfer on himself the damage that character B would have taken, otherwise he would have died from it, and character A survives thanks to his inhuma physiology.

If that power transfer the attack, i.e. receives a 5000 K of temperature attack and then reflect it back to the attacker (or someone else) then yes, durability (or heat resistance) influence here; but if that attack transfer damage, then if the one that endured the attack suffer 2nd grade burnings, then the target of the transfer will also suffer 2nd grade burns as well, regardless of durability or heat resistance (unless its somehow immune to burning damage).

Ok, no, I (almost) totally misremembered the scene.

Normal humans are crisped to death by that attack, a wave of green light energy (the Vril, a reference to this book), and those turned into skeletons (not even ashes) are vampires killed by it being light.

Then A transfers on himself all the burns B would have received and survives thanks to his physiology (as it is even stated that he wouldn't have received any damage normally).

Then it's as you said, no resistance or durability involved.

Back