• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duo vs. Sunstar (Canon)

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Duo vs. Sunstar. The Intergalactic Police Officer vs. the Prototype Ruler of the Universe. The alien titan vs. the god Machine! đź‘€

Who wins? No speed equalization will be needed here or any keys to pick.

Duo: 0

Sunstar: 4

Last edited:
I know they aren't in the profile yet, but doesn't Duo have MM2:TPF weapons?

Besides that, I think Duo has the AP advantage here, given he was fine after a fight with Mega Man where he was holding back, while Sunstar was incapacitated after a fight with Mega Man where he gave everything he had.

I'll think more about this later.

Duo doesn't know Sunstar can explode and I'm pretty sure Sunstar isn't dumb enough to say he can explode.

But fair enough.

Wow, another frustrating and close match that someone I know posted in the same month. Thanks pal!

Duo should have the AP advantage given that the 5-A+ ratings derive solely from his feat and having fought a Post-Stardroid MM8 Rock (albeit both parties were holding back), but Rock did defeat Wily Machine 8 (which injured Duo to the point he needed to be teleported out of action). Meanwhile, Sunstar scales only to Rock and fought him during the Stardroid Invasion in an all out battle. While it's great that they both fought all out without any weaknesses at play, Sunstar fought a Rock who wasn't nearly as strong as he was in MM8 and Sunstar ultimately lost. So yeah, Duo should have the AP and dura (don't know to what extent though).

I do personally think Sunstar has the edge in abilities though with his Fiery Rain, Stardust and Charge Beam being good hitters.
Duo is largely CQC based so ranged abilities like that which offer a degree of homing attack and invulnerability respectively are good advantages for Sunstar. Not to mention some other abilities like Flight and Flame Charge compete with Duo's own Flight and Meteor Form. Also yeah, while Duo has copied some Special Weapons they're not full of any major surprises or hax that could turn the tide of the battle and Sunstar doesn't have weakness to exploit. This is standard Duo anyway and we've yet to add those Special Weapons to the profile.

Also, Sunstar's self-destruction is at play here which neither one of them is surviving and has stellar range.

Other areas such as speed and lifting strength aren't really relevant so we don't have much to pull from anymore.

So it looks like Duo has a higher chance to take this overall since he has the AP and dura from his own feat and fighting MM8 Rock. Sunstar has lower chances, but if he can somehow trap Duo with him during his self-destruction it could be incon at best for Sunstar, but nothing other than that. Duo can likely fly out in time anyway before Sunstar explodes.

So, I vote Duo.

Last edited:
Wow, another frustrating and close match that someone I know posted in the same month. Thanks pal!

Duo should have the AP advantage given that the 5-A+ ratings derive solely from his feat and having fought a Post-Stardroid MM8 Rock (albeit both parties were holding back), but Rock did defeat Wily Machine 8 (which injured Duo to the point he needed to be teleported out of action). Meanwhile, Sunstar scales only to Rock and fought him during the Stardroid Invasion in an all out battle. While it's great that they both fought all out without any weaknesses at play, Sunstar fought a Rock who wasn't nearly as strong as he was in MM8 and Sunstar ultimately lost. So yeah, Duo should have the AP and dura (don't know to what extent though).

I do personally think Sunstar has the edge in abilities though with his Fiery Rain, Stardust and Charge Beam being good hitters.
Duo is largely CQC based so ranged abilities like that which offer a degree of homing attack and invulnerability respectively are good advantages for Sunstar. Not to mention some other abilities like Flight and Flame Charge compete with Duo's own Flight and Meteor Form. Also yeah, while Duo has copied some Special Weapons they're not full of any major surprises or hax that could turn the tide of the battle and Sunstar doesn't have weakness to exploit. This is standard Duo anyway and we've yet to add those Special Weapons to the profile.

Also, Sunstar's self-destruction is at play here which neither one of them is surviving and has stellar range.

Other areas such as speed and lifting strength aren't really relevant so we don't have much to pull from anymore.

So it looks like Duo has a higher chance to take this overall since he has the AP and dura from his own feat and fighting MM8 Rock. Sunstar has lower chances, but if he can somehow trap Duo with him during his self-destruction it could be incon at best for Sunstar, but nothing other than that. Duo can likely fly out in time anyway before Sunstar explodes.

So, I vote Duo. Unfortunately.
Was Rock ever amped between MMV and MM8?

I would like to mention that the battle takes place on Earth where there are a lot of civilians & all other shenanigans by SBA.

So... Wonder how that will affect the choice the combatants will make...

Why? We're usually told when Mega Man gets an upgrade, and most of the time it's just an improved Mega Buster.
Cause it's in terms of feats not physical upgrades. Rock fighting Duo, Wily Machine 8 and Evil Energy in MM8 is already a big plus over Sunstar. Duo and Evil Energy are the main reasons why 5-A+ Classic is a thing compared to Sunstar merely having both a smaller supporting feat and a feat that no one scales to.

In terms of upgrades yeah, Rock doesn't get any that we know of with the exceptions of Rush Adaptors and junk. But somehow he lost the Mega Arm for some odd reason.

But my verdict is now gonna change thanks to Migue's clarification on the battle setting...

Cause it's in terms of feats not physical upgrades. Rock fighting Duo, Wily Machine 8 and Evil Energy in MM8 is already a big plus over Sunstar. Duo and Evil Energy are the main reasons why 5-A+ Classic is a thing compared to Sunstar merely having both a smaller supporting feat and a feat that no one scales to.

In terms of upgrades yeah, Rock doesn't get any that we know of with the exceptions of Rush Adaptors and junk. But somehow he lost the Mega Arm for some odd reason.

But my verdict is now gonna change thanks to Migue's clarification on the battle setting...
Except Sunstar scales to 5-A+ lmao. And again Mega Man was never buffed between those games

Except Sunstar scales to 5-A+ lmao. And again Mega Man was never buffed between those games
I know that bro lol. I'm just saying, which is better: the character who did the 5-A+ feat or the character who merely scales to it through another character?

And Mega Man wasn't buffed no, he just fought stronger foes than Sunstar like Duo, Wily Machine 8, Robot Masters with Evil Energy, etc. Therefore, he's stronger than he was previously in MMV even slightly. So yeah, Rock isn't "much stronger" as I said, but stronger overall to a degree.

Last edited:
Okay, since the battle setting has been clarified, I no longer think it's as straightforward as I made it before.

With Earth as their battle setting, Duo is already at a heavy disadvantage. Due to him being a keeper of peace and having a strong sense of justice himself, Duo is likely to try and protect everyone else (and put his life on the line) than directly engage Sunstar who would naturally wreak havoc on the populace while fighting Duo. I mean, if Duo was willing to eradicate Evil Energy throughout the globe and save everyone in MM8, I can see this happening. Sunstar, upon seeing this, will use this to his advantage and endanger a lot of people to keep Duo occupied while he attacks his distracted opponent.

Alternatively, Duo could just take their battle elsewhere, but Sunstar can do one of two (or both) things:

A. Deliberately endanger people and stay within reach of civilization to make Duo stay and protect them, continuing Sunstar's exploitation of Duo's good heart and his attacks on an unfocused Duo.

B. Activate self-destruction.

Now B is the most dangerous scenario. Let's say Sunstar manages to piss Duo off enough that Duo just charges at him and launches their battle out of reach of civilization and they start fighting for real. What if Duo starts winning against Sunstar? Simple - Sunstar threatens the entire planet. He activates his self-destruction and starts shaking the whole damn Earth while causing an explosion which decimates everyone and everything. No one is surviving this. Sunstar will likely do this too. Why? Because he's a doomsday robot created to "destroy all inferior lifeforms" as Sunstar puts it in MMV. He kills both his enemy AND fulfills his goal of killing inferior lifeforms at the same time. There is no Mega Man to change his heart here and make him good like in MMV so he will try to achieve this goal. Sunstar has nothing to lose doing this while Duo actually does have things at stake here. Also, keep in mind that in MMV, Sunstar was likely holding back his explosion so that Mega Man could safely escape and get out of reach before he let it happen. Here? If Sunstar wants to blow up willingly, what's stopping him this time?

So with Sunstar having the advantages I listed in my initial post along with this new one, I argue that Sunstar has the highest chance of winning this fight. Hell, even if people want to argue that Duo still has hefty enough advantages to make it so that Sunstar is still on the losing end, he can just activate self-destruction and let it rip. Also, it took mere moments while holding back for Sunstar to explode so again, if he's willingly gonna blow, then Duo isn't gonna be fast enough for him to take him away from Earth nor would it matter due to the bomb's stellar range and that's on top of the fact that Sunstar will still fight to stay on Earth and prevent himself from being taken.

Lastly, perhaps I was being too generous last time with Duo's AP and dura (after discussing with others) so the AP gap between the two might not be too significant anyway. Sunstar is still in the ballpark to damage Duo sufficiently enough and take his hits.

So I vote Sunstar now due to his abilities and high exploitation of Duo.

If people make a case however, then this match can end in inconclusive at the very least due to both Sunstar and Duo being destroyed from the former's self-destruction. But needless to say, this battle is more so in Sunstar's favor.

Okay, since the battle setting has been clarified, I no longer think it's as straightforward as I made it before.

With Earth as their battle setting, Duo is already at a heavy disadvantage. Due to him being a keeper of peace and having a strong sense of justice himself, Duo is likely to try and protect everyone else (and put his life on the line) than directly engage Sunstar who would naturally wreak havoc on the populace while fighting Duo. I mean, if Duo was willing to eradicate Evil Energy throughout the globe and save everyone in MM8, I can see this happening. Sunstar, upon seeing this, will use this to his advantage and endanger a lot of people to keep Duo occupied while he attacks his distracted opponent.

Alternatively, Duo could just take their battle elsewhere, but Sunstar can do one of two (or both) things:

A. Deliberately endanger people and stay within reach of civilization to make Duo stay and protect them, continuing Sunstar's exploitation of Duo's good heart and his attacks on an unfocused Duo.

B. Activate self-destruction.

Now B is the most dangerous scenario. Let's say Sunstar manages to piss Duo off enough that Duo just charges at him and launches their battle out of reach of civilization and they start fighting for real. What if Duo starts winning against Sunstar? Simple - Sunstar threatens the entire planet. He activates his self-destruction and starts shaking the whole damn Earth while causing an explosion which decimates everyone and everything. No one is surviving this. Sunstar will likely do this too. Why? Because he's a doomsday robot created to "destroy all inferior lifeforms" as Sunstar puts it in MMV. He kills both his enemy AND fulfills his goal of killing inferior lifeforms at the same time. There is no Mega Man to change his heart here and make him good like in MMV so he will try to achieve this goal. Sunstar has nothing to lose doing this while Duo actually does have things at stake here. Also, keep in mind that in MMV, Sunstar was likely holding back his explosion so that Mega Man could safely escape and get out of reach before he let it happen. Here? If Sunstar wants to blow up willingly, what's stopping him this time?

So with Sunstar having the advantages I listed in my initial post along with this new one, I argue that Sunstar has the highest chance of winning this fight. Hell, even if people want to argue that Duo still has hefty enough advantages to make it so that Sunstar is still on the losing end, he can just activate self-destruction and let it rip. Also, it took mere moments while holding back for Sunstar to explode so again, if he's willingly gonna blow, then Duo isn't gonna be fast enough for him to take him away from Earth nor would it matter due to the bomb's stellar range and that's on top of the fact that Sunstar will still fight to stay on Earth and prevent himself from being taken.

Lastly, perhaps I was being too generous last time with Duo's AP and dura (after discussing with others) so the AP gap between the two might not be too significant anyway. Sunstar is still in the ballpark to damage Duo sufficiently enough and take his hits.

So I vote Sunstar now due to his abilities and high exploitation of Duo.

If people make a case however, then this match can end in inconclusive at the very least due to both Sunstar and Duo being destroyed from the former's self-destruction. But needless to say, this battle is more so in Sunstar's favor.
Yeah, I already think Sunstar wins due to wider abilities, but wouldn't the arguement of Duo wanting to keep peace and prevent harm be equivalent to "he can just take a hostage and force batman to drop weapons lol"

Yeah, I already think Sunstar wins due to wider abilities, but wouldn't the arguement of Duo wanting to keep peace and prevent harm be equivalent to "he can just take a hostage and force batman to drop weapons lol"
Not entirely, I don't think Duo is that foolish. He might just think it's a smarter idea to defeat Sunstar outright so he wouldn't cause further harm to others, but there's still room for exploitation there on Sunstar's part.

But yeah, I'd argue now that Sunstar might take it due to his abilities, self-destruction gamble and AP and stuff not being a wide enough gap to be that major (as I previously thought). At least from what I can tell for the latter.

Last edited:
Tbh, it takes some time for Sunstar to self destruct so Duo could carry him away at super speed and then flee himself. But yeah, in a populated area Duo would have to hold back his strength a bit, I vote Sunstar.

Tbh, it takes some time for Sunstar to self destruct so Duo could carry him away at super speed and then flee himself. But yeah, in a populated area Duo would have to hold back his strength a bit, I vote Sunstar.
Nah, I think Duo won't be fast enough.

Sunstar was likely holding back his explosion in MMV so Rock could escape the Wily Star (and the bomb's range) in time. That could also be the explanation for the shaking, as Sunstar was holding all that power within himself and thus causing tremors. So if a battle-ready Sunstar is willing to blow up the planet with his explosion, the amount of time it took (which wasn't long, like a few moments) for Sunstar to blow as seen in MMV is significantly cut shorter due to not holding back here at all. That's in addition to the fact that Sunstar would fight off Duo while he activates his explosion so it makes it harder for Duo to just simply pick him up and take him away.

Besides, the bomb's range is already absurd (stellar) and since the detonation time is cut short now that Sunstar is willing to blow up (while also fighting off Duo to prevent being carried away), I don't think Duo is going to be fast enough to safely drag them away to save Earth which is his ultimate objective for him. This just results in their mutual destruction if it gets to that point.

Duo: 0

Sunstar: 3

Also, it just occurred to me: would the MM2:TPF weapons of Duo change anything here?

Well, the most notable are Dive Missile (Homing Attack), Shadow Blade (Deranging the function of mechanisms), Super Arm (More physical strength) and Thunder Beam (Short-circuiting several robots). You figure it out.

Nah, the Special Weapons won't change much in my opinion.

Like I said before, the weapons aren't too major and there's no hax of any sorts that will really turn the tide of the battle. Duo might have more abilities to work with than Sunstar at that point, but Sunstar has no exploitable weaknesses and vulnerabilities.

Hell, Shadow Blade might accidently set off Sunstar's explosion prematurely anyway due to messing with his systems if it works lol. Besides, the practicality and effect of Sunstar's moves are better with brief invulnerability, an AoE screen nuke, large energy beams (among other energy attacks) and homing attack, some of which compete with Duo's own abilities. Fiery Rain may leave Sunstar open to attack, but it's not like he won't ever be able to use it, especially in this scenario.

Last edited:
By the way, how willing is Sunstar to set off his bomb?

Because he didn't do it against Mega Man even though he was clearly loosing, not did he set it off right after he couldn't defend himself anymore.

By the way, how willing is Sunstar to set off his bomb?

Because he didn't do it against Mega Man even though he was clearly loosing, not did he set it off right after he couldn't defend himself anymore.
In this instance he's very willing and this scenario and the one in MMV are different.

Sunstar underestimated Mega Man as evidenced by his dialogue before their battle (besides the dude just woke up) and decided to just defeat him in battle, likely believing Mega Man would be easy. Then of course the fight happened, then Mega Man and Sunstar spoke, then Sunstar had a change of heart and all of that good stuff. Also, why would Sunstar blow himself up then? Just to kill one robot boy and an old scientist? It would seem impractical for him to do that when he deems them inferior beings in the first place who he could likely kill himself without his explosion.

Here? There is no Mega Man who will show compassion towards him. Duo takes out any evil or threat without hesitation and with sheer ferocity. Sunstar isn't gonna have a change of heart. Sunstar is still evil here and will follow his goal of eradicating life. As such, it's definitely more likely he'll blow himself up if he starts losing to Duo of all people, especially if Sunstar knows the lifeforms on the planet is of great concern to Duo. It would make sense since he's exploiting his enemy's weakness and fulfilling his goal by at least wiping out one species and a planet from existence altogether as opposed to just Rock and Wily themselves in the Wily Star.

Back