• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeon and dragons regen feats

The thing is I have tried to like research about the mid-godly stuff that listed on the profiles of gods, demons, etc but haven't exactly found any instance in the lore that actually has these feats. Especially the demons one, all I have seen is that demons if slain outside of the abyss will instantly reform in the abyss. So, how does someone like demogorgon has that powerful regen?

Can anyone give me a proper evidence where a character like say Demogorgon has been stated to reform after being erased from existence?

Note that not all demons share the same regeneration as Demogorgon. That sort of thing is exclusive to Demon Lords and other celestial-tier creatures.

TL;DR Celestials all have their various statements saying that under the right conditions, their essence may return (Essence being their divine soul or whatever other fancy name you'd like to call it). The particulars of these conditions amounts to "A higher ranking god (or simply more powerful celestial being) didn't decide to absolutely destroy it to the point where you cannot get it back". For Demon Lords, this is stated to be due to the Abyss choosing them in a sense. Demon Lords are the Abyss' favorites, and it just makes them regen should they get totally annihilated.

You mentioned that you had seen a much older thread regarding this issue, all scans and discussion regarding this topic should be contained within. Though some scans may be missing of course, given that we've done a lot more research since then.

The thing is I have tried to like research about the mid-godly stuff that listed on the profiles of gods, demons, etc but haven't exactly found any instance in the lore that actually has these feats. Especially the demons one, all I have seen is that demons if slain outside of the abyss will instantly reform in the abyss. So, how does someone like demogorgon has that powerful regen?

Can anyone give me a proper evidence where a character like say Demogorgon has been stated to reform after being erased from existence?
That sounds more like immortality type 8/9 in my opinion

Well, type 8 doesn't rule out regen actually. In fact most of the characters with mid-godly to high-godly regen do have type 8 immortality with their regen being depended on that. As long as you can heal all wounds in a short period on time, you have regen, type 8 or otherwise.

Back