• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon vs Mimic, Dovahkiin vs Protege

...What? If the protege copied the princes no amount of skill would give dovah a win.

If you mean in general skill if protege copied abilities, the protege copies skill as well, he just needs to see the ability first.

But if dovah bfr's, he gives the protege the chance to become tier 1 by copying every prince, and eventually overcoming them.

Ah, my bad, should have specified.

With the beyonders powers, the only thing keeping the protege in oblivion would be the daedric princes, and depending on which plane he finds himself, he would likely end up copying the princes.

Does The Protege really have Beyonder's power and the Abstract beings in comics stored inside of him making it his own?

ABoogieYesSir said:
Does The Protege really have Beyonder's power and the Abstract beings in comics stored inside of him making it his own?
He does have the beyonder's abilities, but he only gets the abstracts in his 1-A key. And they aren't stored inside him, he just copied them after he met the guys.

Once he sees an ability he gains the ability to use it, as well as the skill with it the one he ripped off had.

The abilities also scale in power to him, so if dragonborn desided that for whatever reason he'd attack with an aprentice level spell, it would be low 2-C when thrown back.

Is there anything specific because the spells and "powers" don't really work the same way in Elder Scrolls as in Marvel or in other verses in general.

Yeah but those are still just generic powers in Marvel, in Elder Scrolls you don't just "throw a fireball" you are literally controling the reality to manifest said fireball. And to be able to do that you need intricate understanding of the metaphisics and philosophy of the world. Altho even then he can probably copy his magic I doubt he would be able to Tonal Magic or the Daedric Princess powers, unless he is shown to be able to copy the absolute understanding of the abilites not just said abilities themselves.

The Protege copied the litiral manifestations of reality, such as eternity.

And anything 1-A is more impressive then controlling reality.

I'm not doubting his scale but I'm saying that powers and abilities in Elder Scrolls work so differently they shouldn't even be considered powers. You should ask Matthew and Ultima because I'm doubtful if Power Mimicry should work unless he is copying the metaphysical principles by which they work as well.

But he is copying metaphysical principles, he litirally copied the "ability" of being "the Abstract Embodiment of Time, the collective consciousness of all living beings and the "physical" manifestation of the Multiverse itself, representing both Time and Space, and collectively All there Is."

I think copying being all of reality is far more complicated than what elder scroll has.

Don't think Mindhax would work. Soul rip might, but the protege might just retailiate the same way by the time he hears the first word of the shout.

That, and it's not like the protege will not be attacking.

Dovahkiin is an impossipoint that experienced all possibilities at once. I highly doubt that Protege can mimic a being like that, not to mention the Hero has type-4 accausality putting many gods in Marvel jealous for his resistance against almost all conceptual manipulation and causality hax.

Again, The Protege is at 2-C so he would not be able to copy anything above him like Daedric Princes or Demiprinces. It is just impossibile.

The real argument should lie whether Dragonrend will strip Protege of his godlike powers as he will certainly be vulnerable and experiencing mortality.

He can mimic being litirally the embodiment of all of reality, inluding past, present, future, and an infinite number of universes and dimensions.

He can copy dovah, that is nit debatable. Amd what? You realize he became 1-A by looking at one in his 2-C form, right? In no way is any prince more difficult to copy than the living tribunal and eternity.

And dragonrend... works on dragons. Only on dragons. The very concept of the shout is against a dragons very being, that has nothing to do with protege tough.

You locked this fight at 2-C not 1-A. I don't argue that Dovahkiin can beat his 1-A form, but I just conjured a few ideas while not participating this match.

Starting in a tier doesn't mean a character can't reach a higher tier if the opportunity arises and they have a way

Ricsi-viragosi said:
And dragonrend... works on dragons. Only on dragons. The very concept of the shout is against a dragons very being, that has nothing to do with protege tough.
Yeah no. The three words of Dragonrend impose the concepts of "mortal", "finite" and "temporary" on the one its used on. It is the best way to deal with dragons cuz those words are everything dragons are not. There is no reason it won't work on anyone else.

However, why would you want to use it on Protege?

That is just wrong. Did you not play the part where you obtain it? It is plain explained that it was created to slay ''dragons''. The fact that it plain doesn't affect otger charactes doesn't help your case.

No u.

Thuum are conceptual sound based reality warping and are a part of tonal magic. Research was needed to make the three words of Dragonrend because such words didn't exist in the original dragon vocabulary. It doesn't affect others because they aren't immortal, infinite and everlasting. Its only purpose is making things that aren't killable killable. It doesn't deal damage and the user still has to kill the thing himself. Dragonrend only nulls immortality and prevents the victim from coming back.

Back