• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
As per tradition, every ten of these are by Roman numerals. And I'll be darned if someone besides me makes it. Let's start off by naming other things that are great with three x'es in a row. Uh... I got nothing.

Just like the movie XXX that was released (and it's an action movie from what i heard lol so RIP)

So Id like to argue about the bullet thing episode 77 being NOT PIS, but instead possibly, ki related.

@AquaWaifu Goku most likely lowered his ki to such an extent that a bullet could scratch him, to get a challenge out of fightning the robbers. Trunks had a Power Level of 5 during his first appearance so it's not a stretch to assume Goku's was around 10-15.

I don't understand why after a short time goku gets rusty its pretty sad especially a few seconds before that he caught all those machine gun rounds and han no visible marks. Beerus sleeps for a very long time and he doesn't get rusty.

Because he is beerus that's why griffin. Infact I wonder when beerus trained 75 million years ago he was weaker then kid now he is well a lot stronger.

What? How is that retconing. It explains a point where beerus was weaker then he was now and somehow he got stronger since then.

I think were gonna get some lore on Beerus' race since one of the guys on the red alien's team looks exactly like Beerus.

Because it completely goes against literally everything that happens in Super and Beerus. Elder Kai boasts about beinging Beerus fear. Then as soon as Beerus awakens, Elder Kai is shaking in his boots. Frieza was told to never fight Majin Buu and Beerus. Frieda's only likely 80. Golden Frieza is a crudton stronger than Buu, but is scared s***less of Beerus. Mind you. He can't sense energy. It's not like DB is the pinnacle of no plot holes anyway.

RadicalMrR said:
I think were gonna get some lore on Beerus' race since one of the guys on the red alien's team looks exactly like Beerus.
Who are you talking about?

@Cal Lol, well in case you reconsider and take the red pill ... So when the RoF arc was airing Frieza said something about sensing Goku's Ki while he was in his SSB form but it got translated to something different because the specific Kanji was very hard to decipher. I think Herms posted this on his twitter a few months back.

@FTW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDePUq5fuWA , pause at about the 00:54 second mark and look at the guys behind the red Alien.

AquaWaifu said:
So Id like to argue about the bullet thing episode 77 being NOT PIS, but instead possibly, ki related.
NOP.Goku in first episode didn't have any KI control and yet he tanked bullets to head from Bulma

Both you guys are right without Ki they around tier 9 but this instance is true PIS because even Goku without using Ki shouldve been able to tank that.

Kid Goku took an axe to the head before he learned ki control, saiyans are supposed to be more durable and stronger than humans by default. So ki or no ki, Goku shouldn't be tickled by bullets even while sleeping. It's poor writing.

4096136-bimg004

RadicalMrR said:
Both you guys are right without Ki they around tier 9 but this instance is true PIS because even Goku without using Ki shouldve been able to tank that.
Well, to be honest, that would have penetrated a human flesh, at least Goku just got a scratch

Well of course Goku even without any ki at all should be able to tank a bullet, as he has done so in original Dragon Ball.

However like FTW said Trunks was able to lower his power level to 5, the level of an regular, unathletic human.

So with ki control you can not only make yourself stronger than you should be without ki but also make yourself weaker than you should be without it. Therefore it could be possible for Goku to get hurt if he was restraining himself to such a massive extent to not kill those people.

Either way this doesn't matter at all and has no bearing on anything.

If Goku wasn't restraining himself that much then it's blatantly obvious PIS not worth mentioning at all unless you want to majorly downplay.

If Goku was restraining himself then it still wouldn't matter, as even if you want to use the whole "catch him off guard" thing Goku can still tank bullets off guard as everyone's said. Goku would need to deliberately be trying to make himself that weak.

That makes no sense that doesn't mean it's retcon. Besides it was beerus sealed supereme Kai at a time when he was weaker then kid buu. At a time meaning he got stronger later through training maybe? No one knows until then refer back to that.

I find it funny that when it's convenient everyone discards things shown for dragon ball characters that would make them weaker but as soon as a decent gag feat in a filler comes up( Dr slump episode joke, the mere fact that people added a ""feat"" for beerus because of that joke episode is... a joke). they immediately powerscale all characters to upgrade them and jerk over the "there's no filler!!" thing.

Seriously make up your mind, either there's filler, gags and PIS or no filler, gags and PIS. Dragon Ball profiles are super inconsistent. Just saying

God-King Superman77 said:
Didn't Goku have like a 10 power level as a kid?
Power levels are irrelevant, I don't know why people keep bringing them up when they were introduced to mock the characters that paid attention to powerlevels. And no we don't know how much he had, that pic with numbers that goes until SSJ3 is not made by Toriyama.

2567938-kid goku tanks sniper to the face copy

@Inoue211

Fiction as a whole is an inconsistent thing, Dragon Ball especially due to how forgetful Toriyama is. There is no absolute rule on PIS.

Beerus' feat of erasing Dr. Mashitoro is a legitimate feat from a silly episode, it's not a gag feat and we won't consider it so. We have never powerscaled all characters to something like that, only Beerus and Champa get affected by it.

And yes, DBS has no filler, because the entire anime is written on its own, not intended to pad itself out to wait for the manga.

I would appreciate it if you not act so condescending.

Inoue211 said:
they immediately powerscale all characters to upgrade them and jerk over the "there's no filler!!" thing. Seriously make up your mind, either there's filler, gags and PIS or no filler, gags and PIS. Dragon Ball profiles are super inconsistent. Just saying
False dilemma. Just because we call one scene PIS doesn't mean we have to call all showings PIS. And just because we don't call a feat PIS doesn't mean we can't call anything PIS, or else I guess we now have Low 2-C Goku.

Plus filler is something entirely different than gags/PIS. A show having no filler doesn't mean it can't have gags/PIS. It isn't either we say there's filler and gags/PIS or we say there's no filler and no gags/PIS. It's perfecly reasonable to say a show doesn't have filler yet has gags/PIS.

And nobody is making the claim that Dragon Ball has no gags and PIS. People are simply saying certain things are gags/PIS and certain things aren't.

About the characters being Tier 9 without Ki, how come the sniper round Future Mai fired at Goku Black in episode 63 didn't kill him? The guy was completely relaxed, wasn't even aware of Mai and since bullets are faster than sound, he wouldn't have had any warning to put up his ki. Yet it didn't kill him, why?

After seeing the new episode I have a couple of ideas; one is which everyone has been hearing alot such as 1 of the zen-chans being evil and I think this episode kind of leaned me more towards it because he's trying to act like the normal Zen'o by changing his hands and copying his movements as if trying to become him and take over this one for himself. No I don't believe the Daishinkan's evil but anything's possible at this point.

Goku's new form in the intro seems to have combined Super Saiyan Blue and Kaioken but in his base state as a more controlled version but with the same amount of power

Beerus will end up dieing and Goku will become the New God of Destruction after the tournament since Whis foreshadowed it kind of

side note: it looks like Female Broly is from Universe 6 with Kabba so this is either Broly's alternate version and if they mention anything related to Broly in the tournament I think he may become canon and that might mean we have to consider some of the movies and it's possible Gt to happen when this series is over we do have bra being born afterall

Lunacorva said:
About the characters being Tier 9 without Ki, how come the sniper round Future Mai fired at Goku Black in episode 63 didn't kill him? The guy was completely relaxed, wasn't even aware of Mai and since bullets are faster than sound, he wouldn't have had any warning to put up his ki. Yet it didn't kill him, why?
I'm pretty sure the bullet missed, or at least it only hit his potara earring.

Hmm... You might be right, but I'll have to double check. Also could I get a link to the thread where it was determined that the Universe 6 fighters are NOT Universal level, even though they fought roughly on par with SBG Vegeta who IS Universal level?

The Everlasting said:
Lunacorva said:
I'm pretty sure the bullet missed, or at least it only hit his potara earring.

Yep. You were right.

About characters from dragon ball being tier 9 without ki I would disagree because like some people showed it, Kid Goku with no ki tanked bullets (including a sniper's bullet).

Also he tanked (and he was caught by surprise) the flames from general blue's jet.

Frieza with nearly no remaining ki and while he was unconscious tanked planet Namek's explosion.

The first are still tier 9 and Frieza still had ki so thats isnt a no ki feat.

Just look at Black who almost died to a sniper round.

@Jeane fou I'm going to repeat something what I said in a different thread, but it was entirely possible that Goku lowered his ki to such an extent that it was even lower than his ki when he was Kid Goku. Just like Trunks, who when he just came to the past had a power level of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back