• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
The anime litteraly said Toriyama made characters for them like Caulifla.

No, the anime clearly has priority, it's even said about the Broly movie as i linked above.

It never changed from being promotional until the Moro arc so you can hardly say it's not secondary canon.

I personally think

Toriyama lays down a sheet of paper with notes on it on what he would like to see in the anime and manga and he leaves the rest for interpretation.

Though as far as involvement, I think Toyotaro is being taught first hand the ways of Toriyama's imagination and is constantly getting feedback on every chapter he writes.

Dragomer said:
The anime litteraly said Toriyama made characters for them like Caulifla.

No, the anime clearly has priority, it's even said about the Broly movie as i linked above.

It never changed from being promotional until the Moro arc so you can hardly say it's not secondary canon.
It's not "secondary canon" it's a separate canon, which is why we have different profiles. The story is completely different, the scaling, certain events... etc...

Anyone can choose whichever one he prefers, but there's no "Better" or more important version. It's completely subjective.

If something is a promotional material of something but still get creator approval, it's a secondary canon.

We are litteraly told stuff like the DBS Broly are follow up to the anime so the anime is obviously considered more important.

Yeah the Manga and Anime are their own continuations and takes on what is actually canon (Akira's notes).

Toyos Manga seems to follow:

The DBZ Manga -> Toyo following Toriy's BoG movie notes -> RoF the Movie -> Toriyama's orignal Super notes w. his own take and some Anime influence -> DBS Broly the Movie -> His own original story with the Moro Arc.

Toei:

DBZ Manga/Kai Final Chapters (Really they are continuing from Kai but I can see some contradictions to the plot that way) -> Both BoG and RoF movies retold completely -> Toriyama's original notes with their own spin (Inclusion of several original filler arcs) -> DBS Broly the Movie -> 2uper?

Because it started from Toei dragging Toriyama out of retirement for Battle of Gods.

Actually, it started from Toriyama dragging Toei to help him on his idea for a Dragon Ball movie after watching Dragonball Evolution.

Ionliosite said:
Because it started from Toei dragging Toriyama out of retirement for Battle of Gods.
Actually, it started from Toriyama dragging Toei to help him on his idea for a Dragon Ball movie after watching Dragonball Evolution.
Nah, the movie was already en-route with an evil virus based lizard as Beerus, DBE is just what motivated Toriyama to let Toei drag him in.

Because it started from Toei dragging Toriyama out of retirement for Battle of Gods. Actually, it started from Toriyama dragging Toei to help him on his idea for a Dragon Ball movie after watching Dragonball Evolution.
Nah, the movie was already en-route with an evil virus based lizard as Beerus, DBE is just what motivated Toriyama to let Toei drag him in.

No, you're mixing it with the first draft of the movie which Toriyama disliked.

Ionliosite said:
Actually, it started from Toriyama dragging Toei to help him on his idea for a Dragon Ball movie after watching Dragonball Evolution.Nah, the movie was already en-route with an evil virus based lizard as Beerus, DBE is just what motivated Toriyama to let Toei drag him in. No, you're mixing it with the first draft of the movie which Toriyama disliked.
Maybe, it was a long time ago, i do remember Toriyama was very much against the first idea for Beerus.

Still, the idea being re-used could be interesting.

AwkguyDB said:
Yeah the Manga and Anime are their own continuations and takes on what is actually canon (Akira's notes).
Honestly that note thing is a really weird conclusion to mex what would happen if the notes were ever released? Would all pages from the super era just be deleted? (Probably not) but what 'would' they do? Would they try to make pages based off these notes and say this is what's actually canon? I feel it's just a mess waiting to happen

Even when we know Toriyama's notes are pretty rought (he puts basically no detail to the fights, for example), I would like to read them tbh, simply because it'll be interesting to see which one between the anime and the manga is closer to the notes (even when we know both deviate a lot from them).

Ionliosite said:
Even when we know Toriyama's notes are pretty rought (he puts basically no detail to the fights, for example), I would like to read them tbh, simply because it'll be interesting to see which one between the anime and the manga is closer to the notes (even when we know both deviate a lot from them).
Well they've got to fill in the gaps somehow. Can't fault them for that I suppose, but maybe they should've worked together to prevent this mess we have atm lol.

It would be funny if Toriyama wrote a bunch of crazy shit in his notes like 10D bulshit but both the manga and the anime presented it as vanilla universal stuff.

That or Toriyama wrote a bunch of 'Pew Pew !', both are just as plausible knowing the mad man.

Ionliosite said:
Lol please don't tell me that the only reason we have Low 2-C - 2-B DB is because of DB Evolution XD

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
Apparently, everyone seems to think that the DB 2-B's are also the strongest in the wiki AP wise too.
Because they are litteraly one clarification away from 2-A, they are the 'ad infinitium' type of multivers with the added bonus of 12 to 18 universe per timelines instead of 1 and a very long scailing chain afterward.

That makes Grand Priest the strongest 2-B in the site, AP wise.

That would be DBH Zeno if he actually had a profile tho
What's the most OP 2-B in the site so I can put him vs GP

Btw imagine Zeno's erase on a Ad infinitum 2-B scale ƒæÇ

You Mad Man Stop angering the Gods!!

Omegas03 said:
That makes Grand Priest the strongest 2-B in the site, AP wise.

That would be DBH Zeno if he actually had a profile tho
Btw imagine Zeno's erase on a Ad infinitum 2-B scale ƒæÇ
I think it's Khorne.

I mean, that would be the same thing Demigra was about to do until Xeno Goku stopped him.

Dragomer said:
Do we still consider that Kienzan is limited durability negation ?
There was some time I genuinely wondered if a SSGSS4E KKx20 GoD Gogito would get cut in half by a Krillin's Kienzan if he just stood there and received it.

It was actually SSJ4 GT Gogito but I wanted to exaggerate the thing even more

Omegas03 said:
Dragomer said:
Do we still consider that Kienzan is limited durability negation ?
There was some time I genuinely wondered if a SSGSS4E KKx20 GoD Gogito would get cut in half by a Krillin's Kienzan if he just stood there and received it.
It was actually SSJ4 GT Gogito but I wanted to exaggerate the thing even more
It probably wouldn't but more because ki just override the durability negation of the kienzan TBH, you never know what Toriyama think though since the Mafuba just worked on Zamasu.

I wonder if they'll ever actualy make a Gogito character, how insane would that be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back