• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Space-Time Manipulation (Transported himself and Broly into another dimension and shattered multiple of them until they transported themselves

it should be reworded as it was the giant swirling pillars that were being destroyed in their fight. the Dimension is one shotted when Gogeta puts an effort to his punch.

Dragomer said:
"A shitty trace job"

I've read this manga for just as long as you have, and I can't find a single page that looks like it was traced. Inspired by? Sure. Traced? Lmao you have no idea how art actually works if you can look at that page of Demon King Piccolo and Moro and think it's a trace job. Literally nothing looks the same, Moro's arm isn't even at the same angle as Piccolo's was... Sorry you guys are such cynical assholes, I guess. It's a heartfelt homage to the original work, not "lol i'm lazy let's just trace this scene" BECAUSE NOTHING IS ******* TRACED. You cannot have possibly taken even a single ******* drawing or art class if you look at that and see a trace job. Find me an example that actually looks traced, because I haven't seen it yet.

Does he do too many homages? Sure, maybe. But to call them tracejobs is an outright lie.

Don't know why the so called "Homages" by Toyotaro are again being talked about like it's a new thing, when it has been known since the begining. There is no secret, he himself has admited in an interview. He states whenever he draws the DBS manga he holds the pencil in his left hand(he's left handed) and the original DB Manga by Toriyama in his other hand and tries to make the DBS manga as similar as possible to the original. Even Toriyama has noticed it and says to him in one of their talks (that they occasionally have and are published in the volumes as extra info) to just "be himself" and not follow him always.

Oh gosh that man is seriosly doind that? no wonder people tend to get get upset about him like he really doesnt even need to do that at all

Cyttorak said:
Don't know why the so called "Homages" by Toyotaro are again being talked about like it's a new thing, when it has been known since the begining. There is no secret, he himself has admited in an interview. He states whenever he draws the DBS manga he holds the pencil in his left hand(he's left handed) and the original DB Manga by Toriyama in his other hand and tries to make the DBS manga as similar as possible to the original. Even Toriyama has noticed it and says to him in one of their talks (that they occasionally have and are published in the volumes as extra info) to just "be himself" and not follow him always.
I never said it was a new thing, i said i was tired of it, if he did it once in a while, it would be no issue but he does it almost every single chapter, often multiple time in a single one.

1. "A"?

2. They look more like vortex

They are probably universe or timelines the tree is feeding from.

sounds interesting, anymore info on that tree

Yeah that looks pretty badass tbh. Maybe you can ask a Content Mod or an Admin to see if they agree to change it.

Cyttorak said:
See, this sentiment I agree with entirely. It'd be much more special if these "homages" were used very rarely; I can kind of understand why people might see them as trace jobs if they're appearing so frequently, but to me it's pretty clear he's just taking too deep a hit off the nostalgia pipe.

Bro needs to chill out and learn to handle his shit.

Alright so here's a question: Do u guys think Goku mastered the Kaioken? like he can use it and not feel any fatigued at all?

Nah, I don't think Kaioken is something you can master. It's an ability that you can just improve your use of it. As Goku got stronger, he became able to use higher levels of amplification without tearing his body apart. He was struggling with 4X in Saiyan Saga but used like 20X on Namek.

I think that after the Tournament of Power, Goku seems to be able to use up to Kaiokenx20 without any major consequence.

he added that with SSB since he said its all abput ki control for that form. I meant like in his base can he go master the Kaioken

Kaioken isn't masterable. The more he gets stronger, the stronger he can make himself with it. By the way the technique works, being able to master it doesn't make sense.

I agree that it would be impossible to master Kaio-ken. Each episode in the ToP is one minute, with some being 30 seconds of in-anime time. Taking that into account, Goku's feat of maintaining it active isn't that impressive.

Can we add this quote to Goku's profile: "I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But, those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"?

Maybe having two quotes or adding only under his UI tab. I think it's pretty impactful to not be there.

Can we change the renders for Goku (toei)?

Also does it make anyone wonder what was the point of Goku using the power of SSJ when he took down the ginyu force even though his base is overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back