• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Other verse whataboutism isn't helping, Androids are not getting infinite speed based soley of infinite energy because they don't have infinite in-verse AP and have speed relative to characters with finite Ki

DBS is either MFTL+ or Immeasurable through Hit shenanigans (pretty sure it's treated as an outlier currently), but infinite speed comes from nowhere especially with non-infinite universes

F02QQG0XsAclx2h

I genuine believe that, with some exceptions to decent episodes, one should start watching DBS at the start of the U6 arc and beyond because the animation for earlier episodes were complete and total TRASH. And what makes all the more egregious to me is that as far as I have been told the reasoning for the first two arcs of Super having such dog shit animation at times is due to severe crunching that was forced upon the animators, some of whom IIRC were new to animating Dragon Ball and anime as a whole, though I think the crunch was lessened a smidge by the time the U6 arc began.

Honestly the earlier episodes of Super are the reason why I prefer it when new DB media come out every few years as opposed to annually, not only giving them more time to brainstorm ideas and finetuning these new media but also because the people working on DB don't have to go through that crunch and can take their time if necessary. It's why I'm kind of apprehensive over the idea of DB returning back to annual releases in the future, both in concerns to the quality of new media but also the people working with DB

Honestly the earlier episodes of Super are the reason why I prefer it when new DB media come out every few years as opposed to annually,
I'm not worried about the animation thing. These DBS errors happened 9 years ago and it was only at the beginning of DBS.

Then what did we have? This here.

People love putting up these stills from the beginning of DBS to talk about how bad the whole thing was. But no one talks much about how everything has improved over the years.

TOEI itself improved, improving One Piece, improving Dragon Quest, etc.

I'm not worried about the animation thing. These DBS errors happened 9 years ago and it was only at the beginning of DBS.

Then what did we have? This here.

People love putting up these stills from the beginning of DBS to talk about how bad the whole thing was. But no one talks much about how everything has improved over the years.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I'm not judging DBS' animation as a whole from those stilts of earlier episodes, I would be completely unfair to acknowledge that the animation did improve substantially and by the ToP ended it was absolutely godlike. What I'm trying to say, however, is that those early episodes turned out the way they did because of crunch on the animators and it showed in the final production that they weren't given enough time.

Obviously digital animation has immensely advanced over the last couple years and that may no longer happen in the future for DB, but I'd rather see the animators be given 2-3 years to whip up something special as opposed to every year you know? I don't want them to go through crunch to get out more DB content

Other verse whataboutism isn't helping, Androids are not getting infinite speed based soley of infinite energy because they don't have infinite in-verse AP and have speed relative to characters with finite Ki

DBS is either MFTL+ or Immeasurable through Hit shenanigans (pretty sure it's treated as an outlier currently), but infinite speed comes from nowhere especially with non-infinite universes
I will always stand by that goku moved into the future with hit

TOEI itself improved, improving One Piece, improving Dragon Quest, etc.
Seeing how Demon Slayer made tons of money with mediocre story but a great anime, Toei/Shueisha could make tons of cash if they put more ressources into the Dragonball anime.

They could make it seasonal and keep switching it between One Piece and Dragonball so they don't have to share ressources

They could make it seasonal and keep switching it between One Piece and Dragonball so they don't have to share ressources
In addition to Toei being a gigantic company, Dragon Ball has had its own division within Toei since 2018.

So there is no such thing as "splitting resources".

Seriously, in 2021 TOEI was simultaneously making
"TV: World Trigger, One Piece, Precure, Digimon, Dai.
Movies: Digimon, Digimon 02, Dragon Ball Super, Precure"

And did we have bad animation in Super Hero? No.

Back