• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Reminds me of the Barrier statement in Daizenshuu that says to cancel out the attacks of your opponent you have to generate double the ki of your enemy

I know it's a bit premature but screw it. Congratulations to Dragon Ball for being upgraded to 1-B It's really crazy to me how Dragon Ball Magic just casually revealed the macrocosm is actually comprised of over a dozen dimensions.
Real or not?

Also can someone catch me up to wtf is Dragonball magic and it's canonicity? Last I heard the manga was somewhat canon.

So what the heck is that gonna do to our 10x
Third Grade Super Saiyan being 10x as powerful as Super Saiyan.

If an explicit, manga-based databook statement describing Super Saiyan 2 as more powerful than all of the forms of Super Saiyan, then a case could be made that the Super Exciting Guide is 2x as powerful as Third Grade.
10x via Kid Goku unlocking his great ape power in base via a statement
If I recall correctly, the image of the Great Ape was the memory that Goku associated with his potential, but isn't necessarily the strength he gained from the Ultra Divine Water.

We treat the BOG movie as canon to GT right?
Yeah, we currently composite the cosmology. I think Deagonx and Damage are planning a staff revision to appeal to Antvasima and convince him to oppose the composite cosmology, but like Luffy brought up in the composite cosmology downgrade thread, it's stated here that Battle of Gods is canon to the Toeiverse and takes place in between the Z anime and GT.

Yeah, we currently composite the cosmology. I think Deagonx and Damage are planning a staff revision to appeal to Antvasima and convince him to oppose the composite cosmology, but like Luffy brought up in the composite cosmology downgrade thread, it's stated here that Battle of Gods is canon to the Toeiverse and takes place in between the Z anime and GT.
who's making the SSG GT Goku key crt, has more canonicity and accessibility than Modern Hyper Sonic so it should be fine lmao

it's stated here that Battle of Gods is canon to the Toeiverse and takes place in between the Z anime and GT.
Asterisk, because the press release reads:
アニメーションシリーズの「Z」と「GT」の間、つまり、原作517話で魔人ブウとの戦いが終わった後、518話までの空白の10年の間に起こったエピソードが初めて描かれる。

For the first time, the film depicts the episodes that took place between "Z" and "GT" in the animation series, that is, the 10-year gap between the end of the battle with Majin Buu in episode 517 of the original story and episode 518.
And, for the curious, the final episode of the Dragon Ball Z anime is episode 291.

Besides, according to the timeline presented at the Tenkaichi Budōsai, as the entire thread knows, GT takes place after Super, rather than the film, no?

We treat the BOG movie as canon to GT right?
We do not accept that Battle of Gods is canon to Toeiverse in the sense that it’s in the same timeline. We accept that Toeiverse and GT are alternate timelines.

Ok so what was all this wafflin about magic and a new series about? So like, is it a weird GT plotline rip-off where Goku was turned into a kid by magic and the series gonna be based on magic mostly rather than Ki?

Idk what's going on but people seem unhappy. But tbh I don't see how it could be a big deal. At least it's unique unlike Super which only had a few interesting plot lines that it executed predictably and in a mediocre way, and which mostly garnered success off of meat-riding easy nostalgia bait.

Dis real?

image.png

If that's the case then yeah nvm all that this is dog shit and very disappointing tbh. 4 years of waiting for a 15 episode series that is literally just an alternate version of GT's plot but centered around magic and featuring only the MC and a side character no one really asked for more of. Shin is aight ig but I don't think anyone was saying "God damn Shin should be apart of the main group, he deserves a spin-off series!". If it was a series about Goku learning magic, that would be interesting (though would really need to stretch it to justify Goku wanting to do that). This just sounds unfathomably mid and uninteresting.

Like, do they seriously have no idea what Dragon Ball fan's want? ARE THEY THIS CLUELESS? How about a what if series kind of like what Marvel did, that would be absolutely sick. Literally just look at CarthusDojo and you can get like a 50+ episode series idea that would probably do better than DBS. Or they could make spin-off series about characters that deserve attention without trying to split it between Goku and random side characters. Like, a spin-off series focused on the God's of Destruction or the Kai's, or hell even just the divine realm in general.

They want to try so hard to be unique and different yet they don't know how to just not make something about Goku at the same time.

Also people coping about Goku getting hax resistances are funny. The whole plot line is that someone used hax and Goku couldn't do anything about it and he needs to chase down the same dude just to go back to normal. They're probably going to catch-up with the demon multiple times just to get haxed away anyways until they do something and win at the end.

Dude imagine how sick it would be if they did a spin-off of the Arcosian race with Frieza as the MC. Or even a Vegeta spin-off where we see everything from his perspective.

But no, we get GT: Rebooted, starring the Supreme Kai and Goku, the character no one can ever get a bit tired of and who doesn't often have the spotlight in the series.

Also people coping about Goku getting hax resistances are funny. The whole plot line is that someone used hax and Goku couldn't do anything about it and he needs to chase down the same dude just to go back to normal. They're probably going to catch-up with the demon multiple times just to get haxed away anyways until they do something and win at the end.
I want Goku to get some Hax resistance against Magic

Back