• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

the entire point was that he would die before adapting
By being comatose and staying still? By not just vaporising all of Sans' attacks with his aura alone? By not teleporting to Sans directly and exploding him?
you know, using the fact that someone is a child doesn't really tell much about their experience
It kind of does because it brings into account their neurological development. A child is not going to be as competent as an adult mentally. Especially not an adult that has spent their entire life on martial arts and has outperformed beings with thousands of years of martial arts experience.

all i saw is that goku would adapt faster, but the attacks alone are not the only problem, Sans has numerous ways to desoriente an enemy
None of which would do anything against fighters like Goku. Especially given that they have an omnidirectional energy sense and are used to fighting at MFTL+ speeds in all directions, including upside down.

By being comatose and staying still?
Law hax makes Sans attack first no matter what, so tell me, would goku try to block any of the attacks at least once in the begining?

By not just vaporising all of Sans' attacks with his aura alone?
why would goku do that against someone he can feel that is only slightly stronger than Mr.Satan? also, i don't remember of goku weaponizing his aura like that in any fight, that would also imply that he is powering up with an aura, which is also weird for him to do against someone he sees as very weak

By not teleporting to Sans directly and exploding him?
again, why would he go this far against someone so much weaker than him?

It kind of does because it brings into account their neurological development. A child is not going to be as competent as an adult mentally.
Frisk very much keeps up with trained guards and thousand of years old people who fought in a gigantic war and still survived even with an one shot worthy power gap, goku is far more skilled than that sure, but they are clearly far more skilled than a normal Kid irl

Especially not an adult that has spent their entire life on martial arts and has outperformed beings with thousands of years of martial arts experience.
well.....how many years did hit spent fighting and what kind of experience did he accumulated in those? of all of goku's extraordinary feats why did you choose the one that means less of them all?

None of which would do anything against fighters like Goku. Especially given that they have an omnidirectional energy sense and are used to fighting at MFTL+ speeds in all directions, including upside down.
you do know that the speed in the matches was equalized right? besides you speak as if goku or any of them would instantly try AOE against attacks they can feel that have no attack power to even scratch them.....which is also weird?

Law hax makes Sans attack first no matter what, so tell me, would goku try to block any of the attacks at least once in the begining?
That doesn't mean they can't act. It's never been treated like that even after Sans got his limited law hax
why would goku do that against someone he can feel that is only slightly stronger than Mr.Satan? also, i don't remember of goku weaponizing his aura like that in any fight, that would also imply that he is powering up with an aura, which is also weird for him to do against someone he sees as very weak

Maybe because he can sense killing intent? Also Goku knows from years of experience that a small power level is not always what it seems
you do know that the speed in the matches was equalized right? besides you speak as if goku or any of them would instantly try AOE against attacks they can feel that have no attack power to even scratch them.....which is also weird?
Good thing Dragon Ball characters regularly speed amp and react to faster attacks as pointed out by Cryo

t8fGGCp.jpg

0031-009.png

0083-019.png

0291-008.png

eh, only four off the top of the ol' noggin.

That doesn't mean they can't act. It's never been treated like that even after Sans got his limited law hax
it is, why do you think that they description of it makes constant notes that Sans fights in turns?
you also didn't answered my question

Maybe because he can sense killing intent?
and that would be enough for goku to killer mode when the said "killer intent" is of a 9-B character?

Also Goku knows from years of experience that a small power level is not always what it seems
and that means that goku would instantly go kill mode because?

Good thing Dragon Ball characters regularly speed amp and react to faster attacks as pointed out by Cryo
yeah? and goku would do that against someone he can feel is far weaker than him because...?
you also didn't answered my question again

it is, why do you think that they description of it makes constant notes that Sans fights in turns?
I ain't seen anyone treat it like that but you and like two other people 😂 and you are the same guy who said Sans can ignore a 2-C barrier
yeah? and goku would do that against someone he can feel is far weaker than him because...?
you also didn't answered my question again
That means he can fairly easily react through sheer reaction speed, adaptability, and skill

I ain't seen anyone treat it like that but you and like two other people 😂
will you answer my point about what is in the profiles?

and you are the same guy who said Sans can ignore a 2-C barrier
yeah.......he ignores durability

That means he can fairly easily react through sheer reaction speed
his reaction speed is not listed as higher than his combat speed in the profile tho...

adaptability, and skill
you ignored my questions again for some reason

That working on non-UT characters is listed nowhere on his profile. His 'Law hax' is limited to the gameplay mechanics of Undertale. And Sans has zero way of enforcing that on other people.
Because he is bloodlusted and has no idea of Sans' durability. To add further Goku doesn't need to 'weaponise' his aura, his aura would passively destroy all of Sans' attacks because of the AP difference.
In the event that Goku is struggling to reach Sans he will find an opening to teleport to him and Sans will explode into dust because Goku has no idea how fragile he is.
Frisk very much keeps up with trained guards and thousand of years old people who fought in a gigantic war and still survived even with an one shot worthy power gap, goku is far more skilled than that sure, but they are clearly far more skilled than a normal Kid irl
Via resets. A human child with enough attempts can beat any monster. Goku is infinitely more skilled. Also those people lost that war, pretty horribly too.
well.....how many years did hit spent fighting and what kind of experience did he accumulated in those? of all of goku's extraordinary feats why did you choose the one that means less of them all?
You're in a Dragon Ball thread. Have you seen the story? No? Go watch/read Dragon Ball. Anyone posting in this thread should be well aware of Goku's portfolio.
Yes? And DB characters can speed amp with their Ki. And I'm not saying any DB character would instantly go for an AoE attack but if they shoot a Ki Blast at Sans and it misses it will explode. And we have, again, already seen that Freeza's Death Beam can cause a city-size explosion.

In an actual fight between Sans and Goku, Goku would dodge all of Sans' attacks or try to destroy them, realise he isn't making leeway he would use Afterimages to trick Sans and would try to knock him out with one blow to the skull, which would kill him by mistake. Or Goku could just project his aura, vaporising Sans' attacks. Or he could just notice Sans is getting exhausted (like against Freeza) and would just dodge all of Sans' Danmaku and then Sans would be unable to keep fighting.

The only wincon for Sans is Goku letting Sans hit him and that's assuming Goku is in that type of mood. Other characters, like Freeza, would just go for the kill because they don't care about him.

will you answer my point about what is in the profiles?
The profiles don't say the opponent can't act
yeah.......he ignores durability
KARMA and soul attacks are the dura neg bruh. They have to hit someone with a soul
his reaction speed is not listed as higher than his combat speed in the profile tho...
Cryo already pointed out that characters can react to ki attacks which scale above their travel speed

Cool. Sans has a horrible limitation where once he finishes his attack he'll let his opponent act because he adheres to Undertale mechanics. Nothing states that Sans can force that onto other characters though.

So either your argument of 'turns' means nothing because Sans can't enforce those rules or it means Sans is horribly limited in the actions he can take because he is operating on a turn-based system while his opponent isn't.

and that means that goku would instantly go kill mode because?
Y'know Goku kills, right? And, by SBA, Goku enters the fight with the intent to kill, right?

When Goku intends to kill (i.e., Red Ribbon Army, Tambourine, Drum, Demon King Piccolo, Kid Buu, the resurrected Frieza after Whis's Temporal Do-Over, etc.), he kills. When Goku intends to kill, he goes all-out from the very beginning and attacks with decisive blows aimed to finish his opponent off.

Sans being weaker is not going to deincentivize Goku to go all-out; in fact, considering Sans is that much weaker than he is, meaning he has nothing to gain from the fight, he is likely going to kill Sans immediately and without a second thought, like with Yakon.

That's listed nowhere on his profile. His 'Law hax' is limited to the gameplay mechanics of Undertale. And Sans has zero way of enforcing that on other people.
no it isn't, enforcing it into other people is what he does in the game

Because he is bloodlusted
wait he was in the thread? that changes a lot of things

and has no idea of Sans' durability.
of course he does, he can feel it

To add further Goku doesn't need to 'weaponise' his aura, his aura would passively destroy all of Sans' attacks because of the AP difference.
his aura passively destroy all that come in contact with it?

In the event that Goku is struggling to reach Sans he will find an opening to teleport to him and Sans will explode into dust because Goku has no idea how fragile he is.
and would he try to block any of the attacks first? also goku knows exactly how durable sans is, Ki sensing exists just for that

Via resets. A human child with enough attempts can beat any monster.
they can also do in first try without dying once per some Neutral endings, besides with the more tries, more they learn and more experienced they get, so it ends up the same either way

Goku is infinitely more skilled.
goku is far more skilled than that sure
you know that i have said that right?

Also those people lost that war, pretty horribly too.
the point is that he survived it, besides your point is that they being a child makes them iherently inferior to any adult ever, the fact that they keep up with adults already debunks your points about them not having any skill

You're in a Dragon Ball thread. Have you seen the story? No? Go watch/read Dragon Ball. Anyone posting in this thread should be well aware of Goku's portfolio.
i was asking about Hit's, not Goku's, i am very, very aware of how much of a monster goku is in skill

Yes? And DB characters can speed amp with their Ki.
.....which is what we use to rate their speeds in the profiles........that is already what was equalized

And I'm not saying any DB character would instantly go for an AoE attack but if they shoot a Ki Blast at Sans and it misses it will explode.
which is why sans' attacking first matters greatly, also sans can just avoid the explosion, and i am pretty sure Goku almost always starts with HtH

And we have, again, already seen that Freeza's Death Beam can cause a city-size explosion.
it can.....but why would freeza make such big explosion against a 9-B character?

In an actual fight between Sans and Goku, Goku would dodge all of Sans' attacks or try to destroy them
Goku is MFTL+, Sans is hypersonic, that should be obvious shouldn't it?

realise he isn't making leeway he would use Afterimages to trick Sans and would try to knock him out with one blow to the skull, which would kill him by mistake.
assuming that you are talking about speed equalized, because otherwise this isn't even a fight
of course, goku would try to dodge all the 9-B attacks instead of trying to block any of them in the begining, yeah, that makes sense
also for someone who assumed i didn't knew anything about DB you sure seens forgetful about what Ki sensing is
Or Goku could just project his aura, vaporising Sans' attacks.
still need to see the citation for that to be a passive thing auras in DB do, krillin was fodderizing the Freeza soldier in return of F saga, yet his aura wasn't damaging any of them

Or he could just notice Sans is getting exhausted (like against Freeza) and would just dodge all of Sans' Danmaku and then Sans would be unable to keep fighting.
if it reaches at that point, which i don't see how it would tbh, Sans just uses his Law Hax to force an incon between him and goku

The only wincon for Sans is Goku letting Sans hit him and that's assuming Goku is in that type of mood.
you assume that goku wouldn't even try to block and would care to evade a 9-B attack why exactly?

Other characters, like Freeza, would just go for the kill because they don't care about him.
considering how much weaker Sans is then him, freeza would go for the kill, but not overboard, since he doesn't care, which will be deadly when one attack hits him and he gets killed in 5 seconds
also cell and black let themselves get hit when dealing with weaker oponents of such degree,sooo

The profiles don't say the opponent can't act
they do tho, hence why he simply not attacking makes the oponent unable to attack, because it is his turn and not the enemy's

KARMA and soul attacks are the dura neg bruh. They have to hit someone with a soul
this shows me that you didn't read the profile, Karma is not soul based at all:

Cryo already pointed out that characters can react to ki attacks which scale above their travel speed
why does travel speed matters for a match that is equalized in combat speed?

Because Sans is a monster, not like a normal being.
Sans is just about as a monster as any alien, or animal people, or mummy, ghosts, etc, that Goku has encountered, he is nowhere threatening enough in his appearence, have you not read any of OG db?

Curious. What exactly is "not overboard" for Frieza? As far as I know, "not overboard" for Frieza is not blowing up the planet.
He throws out Death Beams like candies.
yeah, what i meant is, as far as we have saw, he wouldn't start with City busting AOE against someone he knows is far weaker than him, specially in the thread that he was a mere 1 meter away from Sans

What stops dbz characters..from just flexing thier aura? We know that flexing one's aura causes fear [to really weak enemies] and can stop/destroy weaker attacks. Why can't they just let out thier aura and make all of sans attacks ...disappear. Also ki sensing allows you to see characters faster than you and the after image can even fool characters that are faster than you. Plus...didn't goku use his prediction in base to counter hit...ya know, the person who can blitz and one shot SSB vegeta.

Cool. Sans has a horrible limitation where once he finishes his attack he'll let his opponent act because he adheres to Undertale mechanics.
yeah, so is the oponent

Nothing states that Sans can force that onto other characters though.
why do you think that the Law manip is there in the first place?

So either your argument of 'turns' means nothing because Sans can't enforce those rules or it means Sans is horribly limited in the actions he can take because he is operating on a turn-based system while his opponent isn't.
both of them are fighting in those rules, sans forces frisk to follows the rules he manipulates in the game

Black lets himself get hit against WORTHWHILE OPPONENTS
he didn't care enough to dodge or block the bullets and bombs of the human resistance in the future timeline

Just like Goku if they're not worth his time he won't even humor the idea
in goku's case he will most likely try and neck chop to make Sans go unconcious, altho with Sans' higher reactions and the Law hax making him attack first, that will be hard to do

talk about irony.
but i did tho:(

Holy shit what do you not understand about "the attack has to hit a person"
you said that they had to hit someone with a Soul, you never said that they need to hit a person only, but for that i ask, where did you get that limitation from?

What stops dbz characters..from just flexing thier aura? We know that flexing one's aura causes fear [to really weak enemies]
not accepted in the profiles currently

and can stop/destroy weaker attacks.
also not accepted in the profiles currently

Why can't they just let out thier aura and make all of sans attacks ...disappear.
i still need scans of that being a thing that their aura do passively

Also ki sensing allows you to see characters faster than you
true, but would any of them even try to dodge at first against 9-B attacks?

and the after image can even fool characters that are faster than you.
why would goku use after images in the very begining of the fight?

Plus...didn't goku use his prediction in base to counter hit...ya know, the person who can blitz and one shot SSB vegeta.
why is everyone assuming that goku will take Sans seriously enough to try and predict his attacks to dodge everything that he trows in the begining? He can feel that Sans is 9-B, in his mind sans is just some fodder who can do nothing against him

His starting move on ANY target (including Namekian children) is the Death Beam, which IS the city-destroying AoE.
since when is every death beam that he trows that big?

Back