• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Kai not considered canon.

"Due to considerable contradictions, we do not consider Dragon Ball Kai as part of the main canon, and strictly use the original manga."

What contradictions? Kai is the most faithful adaptation of the manga on tv. It was specifically designed to be that way, cutting out all the "anime only" parts from the original Z dub which often varied WILDLY from the original manga. So saying: We're ignoring Kai but acknowledging the manga is an oxymoron.

Kai still includes scenes such as showing the villains in Hell, which strongly contradict Super.

They don't cut out all filler, just most.

@Everlasting

You do consider a lot of fillers, despite saying you strictly follow the manga.. For example, Kaioshin. They were never shown fighting in the manga, and since no Kai has ever been able to estract the Z-Word as opposed to SSj Gohan, putting them above Kid Buu is a huge contradiction.

The Everlasting said:
Kai still includes scenes such as showing the villains in Hell, which strongly contradict Super.
They don't cut out all filler, just most.
I just saw that scene. It's really odd they showed that since up untill that saga, they'd been making sure to keep Hell hidden from viewers.

@Darkinx

Why would we downgrade them? Where is the actual proof they're inferior to SSJs? I'm 99% sure using the Z-Sword as an argument is dumb, and the only things we ever actually see of them are them fighting Kid Buu.

Also also, it could simply be that the Supreme Kais never tried removing the Z-Sword.

@Leogian

Compositing several forms of contradictory media is a very bad idea and would likely be seen as double standards.

Don't we have composites for characters like Link? Who have massively different showings across continuities? Composite pages shouldn't really be taken seriously anyway, should just be a side thing for fun to display the more ridiculous and obscure feats character's might have.

@Everlasting

1) Your rules on the Db main page reports: Due to considerable contradictions, we do not consider Dragon Ball Kai as part of the main canon, and strictly use the original manga and Dragon Ball Super for scaling the characters.

2) Shin explains Gohan, while on Kaioshin planet, that entire generations of Kaioshin tried removing the Z-sword and no one ever did it.

Link's a far different story than anyone in DB across continuities, especially considering it's still the same continuity, just a different Link

@Darkinx

1) We still have anime-only pages. Why Grand and South Supreme Kais are in the main tier list I don't know, but regardless.

2) "Entire generations" doesn't mean every generation.

The Everlasting said:
@Darkinx
1) We still have anime-only pages. Why Grand and South Supreme Kais are in the main tier list I don't know, but regardless.

2) "Entire generations" doesn't mean every generation.
the closest generation of Kaioshins Kibith ever knew/heard of was the last one though..

Anyway, we should at least put them in an anime-only tier.

Also, why do we use anime-only for DBS? The DBS manga has just as much legitimacy as the anime. Toyotaro and Toei both have to get whatever changes they want approved by Toriyama. Would at least make sense to have seperate pages for the manga, like we do for GT or whatever.

@Darkinx

I agree on that, at least.

@Leogian

The differences in the manga are virtually negligible outside of characters like Goku and Zamasu.

Not to mention it was specifically stated that the manga is an adaptation of the anime, and the manga goes in too different of a direction for us to account for.

I guess a lot of characters are just weaker in the manga. Neither Hit nor Goku Black have their adaptation, black just abuses Zenkai's. I don't think it's ever explicity stated or really shown in the manga that Goku absorbed the power SSG like he did in the anime. We don't see Zamasu swapping hands with SSJB Goku and Vegeta. A lot of things in the manga are just generally weaker now that I think about it.

There's also Goku transforming into Super Saiyan God instead of using Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken.

Toyotaro stated the same thing as Shin during a Comi-con. (I can find you the source)

In these cases, you have to take into consideration the author intent, as the only characters able to compare Beerus to the main cast are Whis and Shin (And Whis wasn't in the future)

No, Vegito was stated as being stronger than Beerus in the Super manga, not in Kai. Though I have reason to suspect that Vegito Blue WOULD actually be on par with Beerus, even without that statement,

Though, if Vegito could do that Mastered Super Saiyan Blue thing Goku did, the fusion may only last for a few seconds, but holy hell.

Back