• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gokuiscool144 said:
So before this wasn't accepted because "Zamasu was just being full of himself"
But even Gowasu states FZ's power has no end. And it was repeated several times throughout the episode that his power can increase infinetly. Wouldn't this be High 3-A?

Capture

Capture 3
It wasn't accepted because it merely refers to Black's limited reactive evolution we're already familiar with, nwhich combined with immortality regen makes for a deadly combination as his power would be increasing without limits. I believe he is a 2-C character but not due to this reasoning

No he isn't High 3-A, how many times have we heard in dragon ball about characters having no limits to their power? This is clearly an hyperbole, people need to chill with the High 3-A and tier 2 talk until we actually get legitimate feats.

It's kinda annoying when two people who are massively stronger than an Universal level being have a fight that only affects a single city. It's not hard to make the battle take effect on multiple timelines while simultaneously keeping most of it in the single city where they're fightning right now. But the DBS staff seems to not include such things.
I agree. At least Toyo gave us two fights in the manga on a high end scale (Goku vs Beerus, Beerus vs Champa), and I think he'll do it again during the fight with Vegito.

Actually anime has a way better feat:

Beerus vs Champa

Anime = destruction of U6 AND U7

Manga= only one Universe

Love the arc so far, but it does feel grounded in terms of power, I wish Toriyama would find someway for Goku and Vegeta to get rid of their space survival weakness so we could have some space fights, I want them knocking eachother across the universe and through galaxies at MFTL++++++ speed...

But knowing him he probably doesn't care...

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Gotta say, the fact that this is by far the most interesting and gripping DBS arc to date is...genuinely surprising.
Yeah i agree man this is a great arc

Master Xar said:
Love the arc so far, but it does feel grounded in terms of power, I wish Toriyama would find someway for Goku and Vegeta to get rid of their space survival weakness so we could have some space fights, I want them knocking eachother across the universe and through galaxies at MFTL++++++ speed...
But knowing him he probably doesn't care...
It is so annoying to see these characters trapped on Earth or other planets at this level. Like keeping Green Lantern confined to Earth or Doctor Strange confined to one plane of reality, all the possibilities that will never happen.

Celestial Pegasus said:
No he isn't High 3-A, how many times have we heard in dragon ball about characters having no limits to their power? This is clearly an hyperbole, people need to chill with the High 3-A and tier 2 talk until we actually get legitimate feats.
Because they don't limi,I mean as long as you train you can get stronger,Simple as that,so there's no limit on max power but ofc that doesn't make them infinitive in power.It's same situation like Hulk's,he can get always get stronger through anger so therefore he doesn't have limit

PaChi2 said:
You'd rather have Super Gurren Laggan and have them throw galaxies at each other?
No, but Zamasu should atleast give me a feeling that he's really strong, which right now he still doesn't. We know he's strong because of the Dragonball Lore. We don't know he's strong because of what he shows and that's something I consider lacking in DBS.

@LuciferSPN There is a difference between not having a limit and having limitless potential. Goku and vegeta aren't limitess at any set moment in time, there are foes they can't overcome on their own, prime example now with fusion zamasu if they were truly limitless they wouldn't need to fuse.

And the word limitless in and of itself leads to NLF's, the only beings who are truly limitless are omnipotent beings or you could say outerversal level characters are limitless because they are beyond all dimensional limitations but even then there are characters above them so they aren't truly limitless.

The point is, being limitless depends on what dimensional scale you are in then cause only omnipotent characters are truly limitless. Dragon ball characters would be limitless in a 3-D sense as they aren't 4-D except for possibly zeno and saying they are limitless in a 3-D sense is an NLF because they have never demonstrated infinite 3-D power, if you want a truly limitless 3-D character look at pegasus seiya.

The big feat we got was Goku vs Beerus and that it and I surprised we got that since they were confined to earth. Next arc their confined to an arena and we get nothing but Hit's super small time stop and now this arc gives us nothing but a villain with an unmatched ego. Seriously its like they cant think of anything else. They need to take a look at their xeoneverse counterparts because I'm tired of the same old city scale battles. Do you know how epic it would be if sayians could breath in space. Goku and Frieza would have been destroying planets and stars, Cell and Gohan would have been actually destroying solar systems (one by one), most of the Buus would most likely been destroying several at a time and at most Vegeito and Buuhan could have possibly destroyed an entire Galaxy (by themselves not together) but nope we get the same old city scale battles. If their not going to give us hax then they might aswell give us speed and destruction at least.

You just want feat , i think the plot is rather epic in this arv i don't want destroying universes everytime it's not like Goku ever destroyed a planet in Z and is fight with beerus was to just showing up from my view

ZERO7772 said:
You just want feat , i think the plot is rather epic in this arv i don't want destroying universes everytime it's not like Goku ever destroyed a planet in Z and is fight with beerus was to just showing up from my view
No I don't just want a bunch feats. I like the story and most of the characters but this show is about fighting and getting stronger but if they keep giving us the same thing as before then how are we suppose to know how much the improved. Just because they stomp another character dose not let us now how much they got stronger unless they show feats. All we got is a massive amount of powerscaling just like dbz. They don't need to blow up universes evey arc but they need to show somthing instead of giving us the same small battles.

This arc has been fantastic, i do understand the sentiment of wanting more feats but this thirst for feats and jumping on anything to try to upgrade the characters every week is a bit ridiculous imo. I think at some level we have to realize what dragon ball is about at it's core is just a fun story that focuses on the adventure and fights, it will never change to a series where characters are fighting each other with reality warping and reality warping universes out of existence during fights.

The hax in the verse as been average at best so far and i don't think it will get any better besides zeno. If you think dragon ball characters are going to go around destroying souls or concepts in fights, i would say you have placed too high an expectation from the series.

Yea we have universe level feats for the characters but if you expect universes to be threatened every time the characters fight you are going to be disappointed.

Would i like to see intergalactic fights spanning entire universes? Yes, will that ever happen though probably not for characters like goku and vegeta, i am a bit disappointed that at the level of power they have they are still confined to a single planet i think it's ridiculous but i don't think it will change.

I don't understand how this became mostly about complaining about feats when this should be about discussing the awesomeness of the show. Even I like how the show is turning out now. The other discussion threads are mostly about updates and such, and when they do talk about power, it doesn't devolve into complaining, and doesn't go beyond the occasional tier 6. Even building level stuff has been shown as awesome. Black could be 9-A and I would still find the plot of this arc good. I don't understand how verses want planet feats in every fight. Let alone universe level in every fight.

Also, I think this is getting a bit full.

One problem i have with the story is that fusion Zamasu was getting set up to be this big threat but he cant easily overpower them and its sad when you realize that Zamasu could just blow up the planet and end this but the plot Gods say screw it. Actually when you look at it this hole Zero Mortals Plan doesn't make that much sense. Zamasu could have just went around and blow up all the planets and just made new ones since he is a supreme kai (a god of creation). He can't even kill of all the humans but superbuu can. They say they did this to Other worlds which shows how much the aliens out their suck as none could fight them. I guess no on was as strong as Trunks was. The plot of this arc is stacked against Zamasu. I don't expect every villain to destroy a universe but what I do expect is them to do something other then these outrageously small scale battles but that's just me. Zamasu is the main villain and he should do something amazing at the end of this arc.

if anyone wants a feat they got it from battle of god arc which raises the characters from solar system into universe level and from there people been scaling the characters , i don't care about destroying a planet every time it's ridiculous to think they will destroy planets every time they fight this arc have been amazing i won't go and complain "why you don't make them destroy planets "

Black can be 8-B through feats lol

So you will be fine if they only destroy buildings for next two arcs? Because that feat is looking like a mighty outlier.

Even if they did, it can still be very impressive, and would likely be better to go back th their roots of martial arts over big-a** explosions. Building can look great. Exhibit 1, Spider-Man.

LordGriffin1000 said:
So you will be fine if they only destroy buildings for next two arcs? Because that feat is looking like a mighty outlier.
How would it be an outlier if there are numerous statements by other characters that confirm them as universe busters.

I don't want the main villian of this arc to give me the feeling that he's less of a threat than King Piccolo. The feats he gets don't necesarilly have to be new feats that put him on a higher level, but some visual effects to display his "amazing power" would be welcomed. Everything Zamasu has done up to this point make him look as dangerous as Saiyan Saga Nappa.

FTW395 said:
I don't want the main villian of this arc to give me the feeling that he's less of a threat than King Piccolo. The feats he gets don't necesarilly have to be new feats that put him on a higher level, but some visual effects to display his "amazing power" would be welcomed. Everything Zamasu has done up to this point make him look as dangerous as Saiyan Saga Nappa.
That's going against his character. Zamasu doesnt want to destroy any planets, solar systems, galaxies etc. He wants to kill the MORTALS living in them. He never once was stated to hate the earth. Destroying planets and so on would be out of character

Yes. Zamasu explictly even said that he loves the world and just hates the mortals polluting its beauty. It makes sense for him to not perform insane destruction feats since he doesn't want to destroy much.

And how can Zamasu not be seen as a threat, with how many times he has handed our heroes' asses to them and keeps increasing in power?

Zamasu may not be much of a threat to the environment around him, but he is a threat to the protagonists, and the innocent characters they are trying to defend. That is more than enough for a proper conflict to occur.

Not everything has to be about destroying massive things and gigantic showings of power. Zamasu is an interesting villain with an intriguing motivation and gradual character developement throughout this arc. I don't care if he doesn't have humongous feats because character wise he one of DB's best villains.

The real cal howard said:
Even if they did, it can still be very impressive, and would likely be better to go back th their roots of martial arts over big-a** explosions. Building can look great. Exhibit 1, Spider-Man.
Not with that big 3-A rating sitting pretty on several DB profiles if you ask me, with one main feat and Alooooootttt of scaling supporting it. I believe these fights need to be portrayed on the level they are at now CONSISTENTLY, no more city battles with 3-A beings.

Would you rather have the universe be destroyed every time they fight? The story is much more important than the feats.

God-King Superman77 said:
Would you rather have the universe be destroyed every time they fight?
Yes. Show atoms across the universe being destroyed, show space-time tearing from a fight, show heaven and hell merging from the energy output.....basically get creative. We don't need to see bulding #101 get blown up into tinnier pieces for the umpteenth time. If that's all we're getting from 3-A beings then knock them back down to Country Level and leave it at that Akira.

I can name several other tier 2s 3s and 4s who can make far less without their fans complaining about it. For example, every Pre-Crisis character scaled to Superman. Kirby usually shows Planet feats at the very end. Arceus rampages through a city. Cloud is his tier even though his feats for the most part top out at large planet. Heck. I'm pretty sure MOST of the tier 3s that are protagonists don't show their tier all the time. DBS' best arc is this one, which has less feats than BoG. It should be enough that you got something enthralling instead of said verse that we can't name.

The real cal howard said:
I can name several other tier 2s 3s and 4s who can make far less without their fans complaining about it. For example, every Pre-Crisis character scaled to Superman. Kirby usually shows Planet feats at the very end. Arceus rampages through a city. Cloud is his tier even though his feats for the most part top out at large planet. Heck. I'm pretty sure MOST of the tier 3s that are protagonists don't show their tier all the time. DBS' best arc is this one, which has less feats than BoG. It should be enough that you got something enthralling instead of said verse that we can't name.
Trust me I belive this is DBS best arc to date from a story, atmosphere, and lore perspective hands down. But a little tier consisteny and FARRRRR more creative battles (which usually end up hand and hand with better feats) never hurt anyone.

I don't mean to sound rude but it's starting to seem like some people do not care about story, plot, conflict, character development, motivation, personality, internal conflict, external conflict, fight choreography, etc. and are only focussed on "how much did they destroy in this battle."

Dragon Ball Super has gotten real good as of recently in my opinion and lack of feats is a very poor criticism to give it, especially compared to all the good things this arc has going for it.

I'm sorry to the people who's personal preference is watching massive feats and feel this arc doesn't seem to be delivering on that, but I can assure most people would not like Dragon Ball if that was their main focus.

A series that has feats and VS debating as its priority is doomed to be a bad one. Like the infamous Suggsverse. And countless series have managed to have entertaining fights and stories without the need to crush a decillion megaverses on infinite planes.

Also before anyone replies to this, please keep in mind I am not responding specifically to anyone and this is more of a broad and general opinion of an overall thing I have observed people say both here and elsewhere.

I don't care about feats honestly, but iirc that was one of the main reasons why people don't like DBGT. Just my overall thoughts. I'm still hoping for a WAR arc. ;-; I can dream, right'

For the record, this is nothing personal, man. I would've responded the same to anyone.

Also, as a writer, I know it is FAR harder to write feats with a story than just the story itself. My best episodes were when my series demonstrated wall level feats compared to when I tried to push tow on them. Not universe. Not even continent. Town level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back