• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
feats i like but i love the story and hype that is in DBS now. It's starting to go nuts and i love the way it does it too so feats is something secondary sometimes. I agree with Ryu some ppl just seem to look at feats but if we only look at the feats in DB it won't be as enjoyable as it could be

The real cal howard said:
For the record, this is nothing personal, man. I would've responded the same to anyone.
Also, as a writer, I know it is FAR harder to write feats with a story than just the story itself. My best episodes were when my series demonstrated wall level feats compared to when I tried to push tow on them. Not universe. Not even continent. Town level.
Ehhh I disagree. For the stories I've written and what I've been told by fellow writers in my immediate reach writing feats with a story isn't hard. Not to be mean but a highly creative individual can easily balance both is what I'd say from my experience. Then again I have a strong science background, along with my collegues, so needless to say we think up alot of insane scenarios that balance with the narrative. But that could be just us.

It's not hard if you do it on accident, which is why calcs exist. Alternatively, you could easily state "character A is doing _____!" or "character B can destroy ___!" Making that seem like it didn't come straight from the exposition fairy is the hard part.

The real cal howard said:
It's not hard if you do it on accident, which is why calcs exist. Alternatively, you could easily state "character A is doing _____!" or "character B can destroy ___!" Making that seem like it didn't come straight from the exposition fairy is the hard part.
True true. Sad that most writers don't seem to know fully what they are doing when they accidentally create feats. Just look at Flashs nuke feat, calcs say one thing and the narrations says another. I still wouldn't say story and feats intertwinned is an almost impossible feat. Silver Surfer is one of the most verstile mainstream characters in Marvel with showings to back it up and I will tell you now several of his most COSMIC stories have been incredibly thought provoking and well written from a narrative standpoint. A godlike man who litterally has to be careful about loosing it for a second unless someone gets reduced to atoms.

Gokuiscool144 said:
Shock97 said:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/795861216279154689I wonder why all the secrecy. Now I'm really interested in this conclusion, just hope no one calls Zeno.
Ah you beat me to it. But yeah, they are hiding the new episode title leaks and descriptions at bay, which is a good thing I guess.
lol. I think it brings some anticipation back not really knowing how it will end 100%. This way we can fully enjoy this arc to its conclusion and not want everything to hurry along and see what the next arc is, which should be coming in December.

I think Fusion Zamasu has become an Angel since he has grown a Halo and the "Risky Attack" actually destroys his Halo along with his Holy Wall of Light so his form will become unstable and the wall of light will consume him looking like some sorta Pseudo-God of Destruction

Side-Note: I wanna see a Energy Saber battle between them Spirit Sword vs Aura Slide (Both Fully Extended, No Homo)

LordGriffin1000 said:
So you will be fine if they only destroy buildings for next two arcs? Because that feat is looking like a mighty outlier.
Can you tell what the best feat Seiya from saint seyia did ? he's 3-A character did he ever destroyed a universe ? no , a planet ? no

This is why power scaling exist , saiyan saga vegeta could blown the earth but Super saying Vegeta Big bang Attack could only cause an explanation that hardly can be 8-B are complaining about it now ?

Zamua is one of the beat villian we had in DB from long time and the best in Super , cause he's the only real threat until now , beerus was playing , Freeza was a joke , universe 6 arc was a mere tournament

The main characters got rekt by zamus and black twice and we even had vegito SSB now this been some epic shit really this been 10x time better than the battle of god arc , you foucs too much on feat you forget the story

I said it already many times,but yea. For me story >>>>>> feats.If you want uber super feats,just create your own comic,you never know what can happen

Nibbler3100 said:
I think Fusion Zamasu has become an Angel since he has grown a Halo and the "Risky Attack" actually destroys his Halo along with his Holy Wall of Light so his form will become unstable and the wall of light will consume him looking like some sorta Pseudo-God of Destruction
Side-Note: I wanna see a Energy Saber battle between them Spirit Sword vs Aura Slide (Both Fully Extended, No Homo)

btw since when angels > gods ?

Look people, I understand where you are coming from, story over feats anyday, a story where the Author wanks the characters is terrible get a good look at the Suggsverse of many tier 1s outside of comics and VN's... literally no one gives even close to as much ***** they give as they love Dragonball, and i love that I feel a sense of pride for that... but to me at least feats are kind of part of the story, KIND OF.

In Dragonball there was always a sense of progression you can feel and look at how powerful the characters are getting day after day, from Wall level to Island level of Goku's childhood and teen years in Dragonball to going from Small Planet+ to Solar System level and surpassing FTL speeds in his adult years. It's part of the coming of age to these characters to me, and when it comes to well... gods I would expect a little more, every arc in DBZ gave a little something and yes, I know that in Vs Battles the higher the tier the harder it is get higher, but again this all drags back to Toriyama saying there will be a battle surpassing space and time... you can't tell me that you wouldn't expect at bare minimum ONE tier 2 outside of Zeno coming into play, I don't want the Dragonball formula to be all haxes and no fisticuffs, that would absolutely suck, but I want at bare minimum decent ones so if/when they step into tier 2 or god help them tier 1 that they don't get the shit beat out of them and be treated as a Method of Test for higher tier verses, look at Xenoverse 2's expert bosses, they did haxes great without messing up the formula, Dimensional BFR, Mind Control, Incorporeal attacks, possession, poison attacks, and movement debuffs, look I am not expecting CAUSALITY and CONCEPTUAL manipulation but for god sake do you want them to stay at 3-A with fisticuffs or go Tier 2 and put up a fight?

Look again before anyone replies, this is my top 3 favorite arcs of Dragonball it wouldn't be anymore... any less with feats or not, Zamasu without a doubt is the best Objective Villain this series had in a long while, possibly the best there ever was, Vegeta and Trunks (both of them) in this arc have absolutely phenomenal character development and the fights have been great, but when it comes tiers comes a sense of power progression, this is a Shounen, us wanting a sense of progression and a villain with this much background would have made it all the more hype, you can't fault me for wanting a few space fights here and there outside of being restricted to Earth, space fights are awesome through and through, and in BOG we were nearly there.

But anyways outside of that, I really wonder how this arc will wrap up and what's coming next? DBS ha been competing with One Piece in ratings, how hyped are you for Vegito?

Code:
What do you think is the plot for the next arc gonna be with what Toriyama reveals at Jumpfesta?

well @xar you don't need to triple post and compile it in one but anyway super hyped for Vegito

@xar

I agree with you. More creativity is key and what I want, that doesn't mean FEATS!!!!!!!!! all day everyday, they are just a side affect or said creativity. Like I said earlier keeping the high tier fights on Earth at this point is like keeping Doctor Strange in one reality, or a Green Lantern confined to the ground. I think Toyotaro gets this since he did portray Beerus vs Champa quite nicely in the manga.

Are the spoilers true? Are we getting Vegito for one episode? Then Zen'o one shots him in the next episode, and we go to a Mini-Arc of Zen'o life, before the next Arc on episode 68-69?

HokageMangaVox said:
Are the spoilers true? Are we getting Vegito for one episode? Then Zen'o one shots him in the next episode, and we go to a Mini-Arc of Zen'o life, before the next Arc on episode 68-69?
where did you hear that?

Speculations say that Zamasu's fused and deformed form was the result of the "Time Ring," w

If that's true,then i was right

It would be dope,but i doubt this leaks are true

I sincelerely doubt Zen'o's going to have any involvement in this arc anymore. He already had his time in this arc when he asked Goku to come over.

It looks like Zen'o will appear and just be like "Cut the Shit Guys!" and erases Zamasu and unfuses Vegito, unless they stay together for the Cross-Universal Tourny

Anyway at the Bottom it says 2 "Filler" Episodes on Zen'o's Life!!!!! *HYPE*

wondering who will replace Frost and maybe the others (because Champa probably doesnt want to lose again... probably saiyajins?). Hit is staying, thats for sure.

Oh please you think Champa is going to compete after that L. It's gonna be Hitto's Team now he's gonna bring in his whole species the Red one, Yellow one, Blue one, all with different hax XP

Have some news. Look at this.

Here is its translation:

Who's the strongest?

Producer : Excluding the powerful God of Destruction Beerus, I think the strongest one is Goku Black

Magazine : So that means merged Zamasu is invincible?

Producer : I feel that even in Dragon Ball universe, merged Zamasu is a "cheat" character. He has the power to mow down enemy combined with immortal power that can nullify all attack. His attacks is also a sight to behold. Maybe he's only fatal mistake is that he originally "one" perso

In order to defeat human, Zamasu uses a human body, Son Goku. Such contradiction will be the key to defeat Goku Black and merged Zamasu. That means Goku and co still has a chance!

Producer : Goku and Vegeta will merge and become Vegetto to fighr Zamasu. But we also give future Trunks a highlight. His action will be the key in the fight"

Also found this translation which a part of the page in the image in the link above...

Vegetto : Like he was saw during the battle with Majin Buu, he is the result of Goku ( Kakarotto ) & Vegeta's merging using Kaioshin's Potaras. He can makes Goku & Vegeta's techniques his own. But since originally, the Potaras aren't used to merge, it results in a glaring weakness.

Also:

Two options : µéƒþ®║Òü¿ÒâÖÒé©Òâ╝Òé┐Òü«µèÇÒéÆþ╣░ÒéèÕç║ÒüøÒéïÒüîÒÇüµ£¼µØÑÒü«ÒâØÒé┐Òâ®ÕÉêõ¢ôÒü½Òü»Òü¬ÒüäÒÇüÒüéÒéïÕ╝▒þé╣ÒüîÒüéÒéï.
Gokuu to Bejiita no Waza wo Kuridaseru ga, Honrai no Potara Gattai ni ha nai, Aru Jakuten ga Aru. Gokuu & Vegeta 's Technique Send Out, but Original Potara Fusion didn't have a certain weakness. 's

1 ) He can makes Goku & Vegeta's techniques his own. But since originally, the Potaras aren't used to merge, it results in a glaring weakness. ( Doesn't make much sense to me. )

2 ) He can makes Goku & Vegeta's techniques his own, but ... There is a glaring flaw that wasn't present in the original Potara Fusion. ( This makes much more sense to me. I think the God Ki will be harder to control or something. Since the amount of God Ki to control is multiplied )

From NarutoFoums...

Are these episodes confirmed real? Because I'm pretty sure they're fake. The Zen'o episode was also supposed to be episode 65 and look how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back