• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
yeah, and Minus is canon, DBS isn't canon to the manga anymore here as it is now in the DBZ Kai continuity

"Ki"? i just thought they were not understanding what they were using in the fights, Shenlong's wishes things i always assumed it was magic and not ki tho....so that confirmation is nice, altho the limitation of him not being able to make bad wishes is.....huh, can't remember if he did any "bad wish" in the past to know if this contradicts anything or not
Guess that explains why he couldn't kill the Saiyans, not any resistance but shenron can't do it also they were too powerful too

Well, they say “Due to their vast white magic (Ki), I doubt a Black Wish could be used.” Implying that it’s due to their significant battle powers relative to the Eternal Dragon that prevents “Wishing for death.” Meaning that the Wishes take into account strength like they did in Z, but there’s a line you can walk with it to avoid that limit.

Last edited:
"Ki"? i just thought they were not understanding what they were using in the fights, Shenlong's wishes things i always assumed it was magic and not ki tho....so that confirmation is nice, altho the limitation of him not being able to make bad wishes is.....huh, can't remember if he did any "bad wish" in the past to know if this contradicts anything or not
I'm of the opinion there just wrong about that and assumed that because there balls only grant "black wishes"

Imagine Chiaotzu wasn't affected by the wish because he literally wasn't involved in Majin Buu, bud did nothing at all

Bro wasn't even on the lookout too

Well, they say “Due to their vast white magic (Ki), I doubt a Black Wish could be used.” Implying that it’s due to their significant battle powers relative to the Eternal Dragon that prevents “Wishing for death.” Meaning that the Wishes take into account strength like they did in Z, but there’s a line you can walk with it to avoid that limit.
This might also lend some support to the idea of Ki granting resistances.

This might also lend some support to the idea of Ki granting resistances.
or that Ki abilities have a weakness based on strength

Could also just be them misunderstanding their Ki with White Magic, thus the opposite, Black Magic, doesn't work? again, we would need more time to figure what they mean by "Magic"

or that Ki abilities have a weakness based on strength

Could also just be them misunderstanding their Ki with White Magic, thus the opposite, Black Magic, doesn't work? again, we would need more time to figure what they mean by "Magic"
Yeah, still too early.

The fact they say it's the amount of "white magic" that prevents the ability does imply sufficient amount of "white magic" negates stuff.

We have been over why this dosen't make sense and I don't earnestly need to explain it right?
......do you know what a joke is? do you not see the crossline?

Yeah, still too early.

The fact they say it's the amount of "white magic" that prevents the ability does imply sufficient amount of "white magic" negates stuff.
huh, maybe a new page? COULD WE FINALLY MAKE "Magic (Dragon Ball)" A THING?

......do you know what a joke is? do you not see the crossline?

huh, maybe a new page? COULD WE FINALLY MAKE "Magic (Dragon Ball)" A THING?
I mean, if they double down on Ki being magic, they’d share a page, and it’d also be weird? Since it’s been heavily implied before that Magic and Ki are different, like how Moro makes the distinction, or Babidi. But also is kind of cool, since it opens up the floodgates into what can be considered a viable Ki Technique in Dragon Ball.

I mean, if they double down on Ki being magic, they’d share a page, and it’d also be weird? Since it’s been heavily implied before that Magic and Ki are different, like how Moro makes the distinction, or Babidi. But also is kind of cool, since it opens up the floodgates into what can be considered a viable Ki Technique in Dragon Ball.
i mean......the same basic energy can have variations

Ki is also soul so...Souls are magic?

Also the whole fish thing with all those portals/doors inside it isn't 5D. It just seems like he has a pocket dimension that has entreeways into other universes - if anything this may make the macrocosm smaller since they refer to U7 as the "outside world", aka not connected to the demon realm. Someone mentioned it sooner but U7 and the macrocosm are interchangeable

I can just imagine the comments if they become the same.

OMG, KI = MAGIC, GOKU STOMPS SUPERMAN NOW.

Or something like that. That being said, it could be that Ki is part of White Magic and that Moro and co have only used Black Magic.

Back