• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dr. Stone Discussion Thread: Acquired!

Chapter 138 just dropped, and there's a statement from Why-ma, that states the Petrification Device can go up to 12,800,000 meters in range. I wanted your opinions on whether or not this is too vague, or if it can warrant an upgrade.

The plot thickens further, and I'm quite excited.

Edit: Also - Senku now holds the Petrification Device. This might be noteworthy.

We knew some form of the petrification device could cover the whole planet from chapter 1, but I guess we can add a "possibly planetary" range for this one.

We definitely need to add the petrification device to Senku's arsenal. Cushion Senku's pretty major downgrade with a minor upgrade of petrification powers.

Actually, yeah varies for both speed and range would be a good idea. Anyone know how fast the effect would need to be to cover the planet in a second?

Spinoirr said:
Or we could do "varies" for speed as it depends on the range and the time you say
No wait, isn't the time mentioned the delay before to effect happens? Or am I mistaken?

Also, Ant gave the ok for the changes. I got Senku, could someone else handle the PD? It needs scans added which I can't do currently.

As for the speed of the PD's global petrification, the anime's all we've got to reference a timeframe. There's a clip in the anime that shows the petrification beam moving across Earth's surface. Chrome once mentioned the beam was moving at a constant rate, and it seems pretty consistent.

It literally flies right by Japan within a second, so if we're taking the anime seriously, it should work out as such:

Japan approximate width (382.3 km)

Low-end: 382.3 km in 0.5 seconds is 764600 m/s, or Mach 2229.2, Massively Hypersonic+.

Mid-end: 382.3 km in 0.75 seconds is 509733.3 m/s, or Mach 1486.1029155, Massively Hypersonic+.

High-end: 382.3 km in 1 second is 382300 m/s, or Mach 1114.6, Massively Hypersonic+.

Since the beam seems to be omnidirectional and constant: Earth's circumference is 40,075 km. Using the mid-end:

(40075000/2)/509733.3 = 39.3 seconds for the PD's beam to fully cover Earth.

I doubt this can be used, since animes always seem to portray feats differently, but I wanted your opinions on this.

We should wait for more showings in the manga before giving it any solid ratings. We know Senku will likely put the thing through it's paces.

Oh, and this means Tsukasa's gonna be revived soon!

Hm... From where the current status of the thread is, it seems stompish. Does Saitama have any wincons?

It also mentioned 'multiple petrification devices' and 'petrification beams' (as in, laser beams) as opposed to the omnidirectional spheres we've seen.

This could be implying petrification wars in the future, but I'm not sure.

Nice.

It should be worth noting as extra tiering, though.

"10-B physically, Varies from 9-B to 9-A with Nitroglycerin and gunpowder"

Bump. Forum transfer's finishing up soon, but we could still have some discussions.

Chapter 149 dropped, and an American Senku (dude with a cigarette, corn farms and a machine gun) apparently appeared as an antagonist. Scientist vs Evil Scientist battle coming soon?

Also the gang of people who are strong can kill crocodiles that are bigger then our north American crocodile

ดรสโตน
โปรไฟล์เริ่มปรากฏขึ้นแล้วทำไมไม่? อภิปรายเกี่ยวกับมังงะ / อะนิเมะที่ดีที่สุดอย่างเป็นกลางที่ นี่

Drstone
Profiles are starting to pop up so why no? Discussion for the objectively best shone Manga / Anime here.
My calculations are accepted. I would like to add this to my Dr.stone profile.

Back