• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade to MHA... don't worry, it's just Tailman

So... against a specific MHA character

Currently Mashirao Ojiro (Tailman) Joint Training Arc durability uses this logic:
Can harden the recoil of his tail by hitting Red Riot's Hardening, albeit with some pain)

Which would be fine, if there weren't indications that his tail is stronger and more durable than his entire body.

I think his tail is obviously stronger and more durable than his body (he probably has a better LS too).

The fact that Ojiro himself uses his tail as a shield when:
fighting Chimera
&
fighting Sen Kaibara

Makes me doubt that he actually scales his tail's recoil

You don't usually get durability from a shield, you have durability apart from the shield, and in this case, Ojiro should have durability apart from his tail
By the way, the "Took similar damage from an attack by Chimera as Sugarman" is stupid, because it's true, but only because the 2 were one shotted
Note: I had to use that reaction video, because I couldn't find any youtube video of the fight.

His speed says this:

Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Dodged hits from a casual Chimera, who could keep up with Ingenium. Can perceive Ingenium's Recipro Turbo)
  • Dodged hits from a casual Chimera
When?
Ojiro launched himself to hit him, however Chimera blocked his attack with ease, so Ojiro moves away and dodges some rocks thrown by Chimera
Next scene, he was oneshotted

Yes, he held him for a while off-screen, but we don't know how that happened, The only thing that he avoided on camera were some stones (and if it weren't for Tokoyami, the fourth one would have fallen on him)
Does this really count as reacting?

Kaibara, someone comparable to him in speed, couldn't do anything against Iida, reacting only after being caught, and Tailman reacting after he

Now, what happens with Ojiro?
We hit him with an "Unknown, Multi-City Block level+ with Tail" in his first key and "Multi-City Block level, Multi-City Block level+ with Tail (Withstood being smashed into a wall by a weakened Nine alongside Earphone Jack, and was able to keep fighting)" in his 2nd key of Durability
In AP, we hit him with "Unknown, Multi-City Block level+ with Tail" in his 2 keys (I know I didn't talk about AP, but the logic is the same)
Note: If there is a feat that scales to full body, we can replace the "unknowns"

Abou his speed, this thead only affect his 2nd key but... I don't know what it would scale to, but the explanation is false, so we need to replace it with something else.

As for those who scale to Tailman AP&Durability ((I'm only mentioning the profiles that link to him that somehow escalate to him, so if I missed any, let me know)
No Changes
  • Iida (Ingenium)
    • Scales to Kaibara, who scales from dealing damage to Tailman's tail, so no changes
  • Tsunotori (Rocketti)
    • His Ap scales to Tailman's tail, unchanged
  • Honenuki (Mudman)
    • Its durability scales to the tail, unchanged.
Changes
Delete, Please
  • Power Loader
    • For this one I'm going to go off topic and make a request... delete the profile please, it's horrible, leaving aside that I don't see any reason for us to have this profile... I don't see any reason for him to even scale to Tailman or Ingenium, in the evidence in the profile, it doesn't touch Oujiro, and it doesn't hurt Ingenium
      in fact, the worst thing is that half of the evidence is filler for the anime, because the whole battle is filler, and it's also justified with "Has an "A" in his power stat", the only thing we see of the fight in the manga is this
      In case of staying... Unknown

We do rate Mirko's leg durability higher than her body durability, so this has precedent, but I wouldn't rate the AP like that. "Unknown, Multi-City Block level+ with Tail" is not necessary, he almost always attacks with his tail (in the manga at least), it would be like rating Mirko "Unknown, Large Island level+ with Rabbit" because we don't know the power of her punches.

Just rate the power of his tail: "Multi-City Block level+ with Tail" like we do with other physical Quirks.

As for his durability, we do see his face with some bruises after fighting Spiral, bruises similar to the ones he has in his tail, showing that not all of Spiral's attacks were blocked by Ojiro's tail, but also managed hit his body, this is supported by the fact that Sero says Ojiro is getting beat up so ordinary.

So I propose that his durability should be: "Multi-City Block level+, higher with Tail" since his tail is clearly intended to be the strongest part of his body and he uses it as a shield, but the difference is not that massive.

"Destroyed a larger portion of a bridge than Tailman could".

This part is my fault, but I was basically trying to say that Jiro's sound waves have more destructive power than Tailman's tail, as they destroyed a larger portion of the bridge than Tailman's attack.

As for removing Power Loader, someone out there (I'm not going to say their name) is working on using those power stats from the Guide Books, so maybe we should keep his profile around to see if having a A in power is enough to rate his attack potency.

I guess his speed would have to be "At least Athletic Human with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed" as we did with the other students without solid speed scaling.

As for his durability, we do see his face with some bruises after fighting Spiral, bruises similar to the ones he has in his tail, showing that not all of Spiral's attacks were blocked by Ojiro's tail, but also managed hit his body, this is supported by the fact that Sero says Ojiro is getting beat up so ordinary.
Those seem superficial, considering Spiral straight up says he's been blocking and dodging the whole time, they're probably not direct attacks (Remember that Spiral basically has drills in her fingers, the direct damage from these are not bruises.), plus Spiral gets his AP from damaging Tailman, so if you scale Tailman to Spiral, you end up in an endless loop.
What you really have to prove is that he received Chimera attacks on his body
As for removing Power Loader, someone out there (I'm not going to say their name) is working on using those power stats from the Guide Books, so maybe we should keep his profile around to see if having a A in power is enough to rate his attack potency.
Ok, but his current stats have no valid arguments
When we don't even know how the canon fight went, beyond that he somehow caught Ingenium, which doesn't seem to be Ap

Last edited:
I guess his speed would have to be "At least Athletic Human with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed" as we did with the other students without solid speed scaling.
makes sense
I assume that indicating that he has been training and should be better than before as an explanation

Last edited:
Back