• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade Spy x Family

Tie

Calcs accepted:
Recalcs:
Regarding the first calc, I used all the beam-related equations which should be more accurate than the original one.

Regarding the second calc, I came across Work to Maximum Load, so I used it to calculate the destructive volume.

What i will do?
  1. I will replace the original calc with recalc in the verse profile page.
  2. I will change this link in Yor's profile. (Could slam a volleyball so forcefully that it craters the floor.)
  3. which would make him 3.5 - 4.1 MegaJoules, edit to which would make him 65.1 - 75.9 Kilojoules
note: 65.1 - 75.9 comes from using the maximum value in the verse, Yor hits the ball: 9-B (108.47 Kilojoules), 108.47 multiplied by 0.6 for the low-end and 0.7 for the high-end. btw I rounded the decimal

I'm not so sure on the Yor calc, do they really make volleyball court floors that thick of just wood? Given how deep the crater is you'd think the foundation below the paneling is getting ****** up as well.

I'm not so sure on the Yor calc, do they really make volleyball court floors that thick of just wood? Given how deep the crater is you'd think the foundation below the paneling is getting ****** up as well.
I originally used the volume as the area of the crater and multiplied it by the floor thickness of the volleyball, but KLOL said it used the volume from the original calc.

I'd suggest using the thin panelling for the wood, then possibly the solid concrete for the foundations below.

I originally used the volume as the area of the crater and multiplied it by the floor thickness of the volleyball, but KLOL said it used the volume from the original calc.
Not what I meant, I meant the whole of the volume being effected is treated as just maple wood. Sure a chunk of it is, but can we really say the whole volume is maple wood? It's very deep, I'm not sure floor paneling of courts are that thick, I'm assuming some of the foundation would have been compressed as well.

I'd suggest using the thin panelling for the wood, then possibly the solid concrete for the foundations below.
Basically that yeah.
OP look up how thick they usually make that paneling, then just subtract that as wood and the rest as concrete or something.

Not what I meant, I meant the whole of the volume being effected is treated as just maple wood. Sure a chunk of it is, but can we really say the whole volume is maple wood? It's very deep, I'm not sure floor paneling of courts are that thick, I'm assuming some of the foundation would have been compressed as well.
What I meant was

Out of that 38 cm depth, the 5 cm panel link source could be wood, and the rest of the 33 cm could be concrete which would use compressive strength.

You ninja'd me, meant to reply to OP.

Bruh, that's 7-B. Megatons of TNT vs megajoules.

Also the crater calc went back up to 9-A as per my suggestions.
Bro autocorrect is crazy.

Anyways, well, it's the OP's fault this is taking so long, they should've updated the calculation.

It is tiresome calculating or what?
I think what the ball does, the ball presses the concrete, works like a wedge. So I need to find the compressive area of the ball and multiply it by the compressive strength of concrete and then multiply the depth to get the energy.

I think what the ball does, the ball presses the concrete, works like a wedge. So I need to find the compressive area of the ball and multiply it by the compressive strength of concrete and then multiply the depth to get the energy.
Huh, no wonder you gave up

Anyways @Tie should definitely change the calc of their blogpost with their calc in their message. Based on the little green thing on Profile Pics they seem to be online.

I think KLOL version is the best tbh

Back