• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doraemon verse revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get to it:

As the one who made the majority of Doraemo profiles (hell, I even re-formatted the ones I didn't make) when I was a novice to this wiki, I must shamefully admit that the qualities of the pages are... pretty down there, to say the least. So I decided to look up many different manga series and spin-offs (believe me, there are a lot) to collect clarifications for this revision. Long thread is long, forgive me.

Note: Scans I put up that are not raw Japanese or translated English are collected from the Vietnamese translation, probably the only sources you can find on the net. I'll try to make it as clear as possible when it comes to these Vietnamese scans. Also Vietnamese scans read from left to right (because they followed the Western way of reading before adopting the Japanese way, but I can't find scans of improved version)

First, Robot Cats in general
Robot Cats, meaning the Doraemons, should be Wall level. Most of them have feats supporting this, and those that don't have their own feats scale from those that do, because they are the same type of robots manufactured at the same factory:

Robot Cats with Wall level feats:

=> So 5 out of 7 members of the Doraemons have various Wall level feats. Also because they are capable of hurting each other, they naturally scale. This means while these 5 will have the above reasons in their profiles, Dora the Kid and Dora-med III will have "Comparable to other members of the Doraemons" as clarification for Wall level

Second, the gadgets and the hax
I feel like it is super redundant to give every single character with access to 22nd century gadgets the same amount of Powers and Abilities as Doraemon. So I propose we give only these powers from gadgets to Doraemon. Standard Equipment sections for other members of the Doraemons should only list their signature weapons (which they do have).

In short, Doraemon will be the only character with 2 keys: Base | Using his gadgets. Other characters should only have 1 key.

See this blog. My plan is to make the current Doraemon page like this, while other Doras will have the key "with gadgets" removed.

And finally, deletio

• Due to what I said above, Nobita's profile will be simply a normal, weaker-than-average 4th grader with Marksmanship. He doesn't even have hax without Doraemon's gadgets. I think such a... normal profile should be deleted.
  • Zanda Claus, Phoenixia, Leviatha and Space Tower should probably be deleted due to the qualities of their stat justifications. Mafuga can stay because Darkanine did a splendid calc to justify its stat.
  • Dorami is... a weird case. She is shown to be beyond Doraemon and supposedly has 10,000 horse-powers, but even in the action-centric Doraemons spin-offs she doesn't display anything close to the level of the Doraemons. Combine that with the second section, we have a profile with ambiguous stats due to extreme inconsistency and lack of feats, and some low-level Empathic Manipulation. I say we just delete her profile as well to avoid the trouble.
Conclusion/ TL; DR

• Members of the Doraemons should stay at a solid 9-B instead of having "at least 10-B" due to 5 out of 7 members displaying various different feats of this level
  • Delete the profiles for Nobita Nobi, Dorami, Space Tower, Zanda Claus, Phoenixia, Leviatha due to the lack of hax and noticeable stats for the former 2, and poor justifications for the latter 4
  • The profiles that remain after deletion should be unlocked, due to Doraemon being the only one having the Powers and Abilities of gadgets to avoid redundancy. In short, just unlock them all, I'll re-format them.
Doraemon

These changes seem fine to me. I never quite got why the Dorae's where only 10-B to begin with. I'm also fine with deleting the profiles with guesswork stats.

I'm alright with this. But I think that keeping 22nd gadgets for the others is alright. If we want to avoid redunduncy, we could make 22nd century gadget page and link it in the others profile's.

Since this has been accepted, and you need profiles unlocked, and I haven't had the time to instruct the rest of the staff in how to use my mass-unlocking/locking script yet, I suppose that I have to step in to do so.

Please write a list of the exact titles for the pages that need to be modified.

Okay. I will unlock the listed profiles, but would appreciate some help with deleting the ones with guesswork statistics.

Tell me here when you are done.

I took the time to delete the profiles.

I'm just about to get to that part.

So thank you so much Ant. Feel free to close this now, as the verse page is the only thing left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back