• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doopliss Hax Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
I am back, once again, with another CRT for an oddball character. On today's agenda, we have Doopliss. You see, he is missing a rather big and important group of haxes that could leave him a high roller in the Mario verse. Let me explain.

In Chapter 4 of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Doopliss actually steals Mario's identity and appearance, to the point where when asked for his name by Vivian, he physically cannot tell her his name.

On top of this, when Mario and his friends first encounter Doopliss, Goombella could not even identify him with her Tattle ability, his name appearing as "?????" and only being able to find a creature that looked similar to him, from whence she was able to relay his stats.

And finally, as is eventually discovered, Doopliss can only have his power neutralized by someone saying his name. However, this becomes impossible, as he actually manages to steal the lowercase letter "p" from the keyboard itself, forcing you to find it hidden away underneath his haunt.

Considering all of these different pieces of evidence throughout the chapter, I propose that Doopliss should be given both Information Manipulation for the former two points, and Conceptual Manipulation for the latter point, Type 4, to be specific.

Type 4? Conceptual?

Ha ha! I knew one of my favorite video games of all time could have something powerful.

In addition, Doopliss was turning everyone at Twilight Town into a pig, despite him being all the way from his mansion, which is very far away. So I propose his range to be either hundreds of meters or very low into kilometers.

I'd also give him Social Influencing since he can trick many people to be someone else. I agree with the main CRT. That is all.

I agree. I found this a while ago and posted it in the Discussion Threads but I'm not one to make CRT threads about it. Happy you did.

Yeah, this sounds exactly like the type 4 concept manip Nobodies in KH have (And I was confused as well when Twilight Town was brought up, lol), so the changes seem fine.

In addition, Doopliss was turning everyone at Twilight Town into a pig, despite him being all the way from his mansion, which is very far away. So I propose his range to be either hundreds of meters or very low into kilometers.

I'd also give him Social Influencing since he can trick many people to be someone else. I agree with the main CRT. That is all.
So transmutation as well?

I don't feel that I have reason to oppose any of this. (Text Manipulation not being applicable seems counterintuitive, but looking at the page, I'm doubtful it is in fact a fitting ability to grant Dooplis.)
I do wish I understood Conceptual Manipulation better. Even reading the page, I have trouble making heads or tails of it.
If anyone would be so kind & forgiving, why does Doopliss qualify for Type 4 Conceptual Manipulation? (& yes, I have read the OP, but I don't understand the relationship between what Doopliss did & why he'd be elligible for Type 4 Conceptual Manipulation. Not that I deny he's elligible, I just personally don't understand the ability's criteria.)

Type 4 Concept Manip basically extends to ideas that bear no significance to reality beyond their abstract usage, in simple terms.
So preventing a word from being used falls as that, for example, which is the case here.
& even preventing the physical utterance of the word/name associated with that idea is still, nonetheless, Type 4 & not (also) other types?

Just type 4, assuming it's not just by, say, biological manip, which thankfully isn't the case here.

Conceptual types is more of a hierarchical thing, Type 3 concepts naturally can also cover type 4 concepts, but type 4 concepts can't be used to deal with type 3 concepts, for example.

Just type 4, assuming it's not just by, say, biological manip, which thankfully isn't the case here.

Conceptual types is more of a hierarchical thing, Type 3 concepts naturally can also cover type 4 concepts, but type 4 concepts can't be used to deal with type 3 concepts, for example.
Thank you for the clarification.

I have no idea why this wasn't applied yet, but I have added the regarded changes to the profile. This can be closed now, and I can move on to my next random character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back