• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomslayer vs Triborg

You are assuming Doomslayer would destroy him easily when he has outmatched him in combat. As said by Xtasyamphetamine, Doomguy's enemies are mostly animalistic in intelligence and being a brawler isn't going to help much. These guys are much more mobile than him since he starts as CSZ, the most skilled one out of the group. Cyber Sub-Zero has defeated the likes of Goro and Kintaro, the former who has won nine consecutive Mortal Kombat tournaments by himself for over 500 years. Keep in mind that his opponents are martial artists as well, and being a brawler type of kombatant, he won against them many times. Doomslayer is just going to be a walk in the park for Sub-Zero anyway.

Even though he's stronger, it doesn't mean that he's completely invulnerable to him as he can bypass that with Absolute Zero temperatures.

That's just flat out not true about the intelligence thing lol. The final boss to DOOM 2016 was quite literally a hyper-intelligent-scientist who revolutionized her particular fields and then transformed into a giant spider demon. Furthermore, Doomguy has dealt with the Summoners (I think they're called) which are vastly faster/more mobile than him.

I'll take that, the summoning part.

Does being intelligent in science mean the same in fighting experience? I don't think so, unless said demon has trained for 1 billion years with knowledge of everything that has "martial arts" stamped on it.

Still, I keep my vote on Triborg for my own reasons.

You are now confusing intelligence for skill. Intelligence I have proven. Skill largely comes from being able to single handedly slaughter the demons of hell forever. The lack of martial arts statements seem to be the main consideration which I can't really make up for other than saying he has battled clearly intelligent creatures for eons and made it out alive, implying something more than the skill he's being given credit for.

Oh well.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
>Doom's enemies are animalistic
[internal groaning]

I'll be coming back to this when I'm off work...
oof

I think I made him mad, and I know what this person can do, judging from that Calypso vs Accelerator thread.

RAGE
This is him while he's reading this.

A thought.

Doesn't separating into the four original bots weaken Triborg significantly? It's the combined power of four robots so splitting up by four should weaken him.

No I mean Cyrax, Sektor, and Smoke are all 8-B with only Cyber Sub-Zero at 8-A. If they split up to those individual beings, then that's a problem.

The real cal howard said:
A thought.

Doesn't separating into the four original bots weaken Triborg significantly? It's the combined power of four robots so splitting up by four should weaken him.
No or a single separated bot wouldn't defeat Kintaro.

Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke only exist as Triborg's multiple consciousness, it's impossible to have two of them.

He just summons them. He doesn't summon the original versions, since they look different.

Add the fact that this cyborg is a new and improved model which is better than CSZ and the three of them.

King posted a whole thing about Doom Slayer's skill a while back but I'm too lazy to find it

Switching my vote back to Doomslayer FRA if only to speed this thread up if anything.

King's been working for three days

somebody should give him a break

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Switching my vote back to Doomslayer FRA if only to speed this thread up if anything.
Triborg has more votes though

If anything speeding it up would be voting him

Let me just elaborate on something...

Saying "All the Slayer's enemies are animalistic and killing them isn't impressive" is a lot like saying "Master Chief spends every battle hiding behind cover until his shields recharge and he's got a total glass jaw when it comes to a fight". It's entirely ignorant of context and lore in general.

On top of gameplay in DOOM 2016 where we actually do see several of the enemies use different strategies in combat (Imps trying to be Kenobi seeking high ground to attack from, Hell Knights attempting to stun enemies before going for melee, Cyber-Mancubi actively staying at range, Possessed Soldiers flanking and fighting from behind cover, etc), Codex entries provide some extra info on many of these demons that shows them to possess more than just animal intelligence. Hell Knights were at one point fighting and honing their combat skills in gladiatorial arenas, Summoners actively seek out the most capable and resilient targets they come across in each skirmish and transform them into Possessed with their powers, and Revenants are stated to have an understanding of how to control a fight at range as well as use evasive maneuvers in combat. Shit, the Cyberdemon figured out how to heal itself and operate several built-in weapons attached to its body within a few minutes of having woken up to find itself outfitted with unfamiliar technology.

And the Slayer spent "eons" (which would be somewhere between thousands and billions of years, depending on how literal you feel like taking the word) kicking the unholy shit out of these guys, by himself. He also didn't even have his armor until way late into his rampage when some being forged it for him, so it's not likely that he was just stonewalling everything that was thrown at him before that.

The idea that Doom is just some long-lived brawler with no legitimate combat skill is a wide misconception that needs to fall on its ass already.

I'll take that.

Cyber Sub-Zero (and the others possibly) has a threat detector in built into his HUD so the moment he realizes this guy is a big threat, he immediately calls for backup and he gets overwhelmed.

And Xtas is wrong about CSZ not being mobile because he has his own teleport and can do it instantly so he's not going to be a sitting duck

Schnee One said:
Information Analysis is a legitimate ability.
But that's not on his profile
CSZ and Triborg actually has that on his page, plus his Enhanced Senses comes from him being able to detect the Lin Kuei cyborgs coming towards them even though they weren't there during Nightwolf's chapter

Kredory said:
I'll take that.
Cyber Sub-Zero (and the others possibly) has a threat detector in built into his HUD so the moment he realizes this guy is a big threat, he immediately calls for backup and he gets overwhelmed.

And Xtas is wrong about CSZ not being mobile because he has his own teleport and can do it instantly so he's not going to be a sitting duck
Triborg doesn't summon the original Lin Kuei cyborgs, he's a fusion of characters

@Schnee, the thread kind of went all over the place and the OP hasn't been keeping track of the votes than; the OP said 3 for Doomslayer and 1 for Triborg, which I thought I was still the only one who voted for Triborg.

And yeah, Mr King is right about pretty much every character/monster in DOOM having heavily downplayed levels of intelligence. And the fact that Doomguy has been fighting countless demons for years even before his overgrowth in power, and eventually became the Doomslayer shows how tactical he truly is. And it's especially Spider Mastermind who's intelligence should be way higher than just above average; he is a scientific genius who easily conquered a once stellar civilization. Wolfenstein and Doom are technically the same universe iirc. Doomguy even in his classic variation was able to outsmart him single handedly.

But all of that and more should be addressed on another thread.

Even if they were ********, which is demonstrably false, having such a long amount of time with them is quite something. Gladiators forced to fight animals didn't just obliterate them instantly because lolbrain, that was what allowed them to not get mauled.

Powerups also help doomguy here.

Gladiators couldn't really splat Lions with a punch, but yeah, he's pretty skilled regardless.

Doomguy is basically the equivalent of someone who's been fighting the most ancient prehistoric beasts all his life; which includes the largest Dinosaurs and all that jazz with just his bare hands or occasionally using the ripped bones of the animals he's killed as weapons. Also like Samson using the jawbone of a donkey to take out an entire army on his own.

Back