• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomguy Type 2 Immortality Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstractions

Femur Breaker
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Human Resources
This is something I've put off for some time for reasons I do not even remember, but currently Doomguy is listed as having Type 2 Immortality for these quotes here:

"We knew not of this Stranger; his mind seemed crippled with rage. He dressed in attire not suited for our lands and carried munition of arcane origin. We watched as his will overcame his injuries, and in the Blood Arena he proved his worth. The Outlander's technique was crude and brutal, but the determination in his charge echoed that of any trueborn Sentinel. His war cry echoed through the Coliseum as did the sound of his fury, and the guards cheered his banner, 'Rip and Tear' they shouted as the beast pushed beyond mortal wounds and certain death."

"Satisfied that he would not be a detriment to their prowess, the Night Sentinels granted him his wish as they ventured through the hellgates with the Stranger in tow. They knew no rest, fighting in the unnatural elements and training under the blood-moon of night. The Stranger suffered exhaustion, wounds, and sickness, but asked for no aid and was offered none."

The problem with this is that we have no measure as to what wounds he had suffered, all it tells us is that he did deal with these things to a vague extent. The problem lies in the fact that the quote makes it clear that it is his willpower that he is capable of such feats, not that he is incapable of dying whatsoever. With the justification we have this is only fit to serve as Supernatural Willpower and a stamina feat, nothing more.

I'm propositioning the Resilient Immortality be removed from his page, it's misleading and incorrect based on the information provided within the source material.

This is something I've put off for some time for reasons I do not even remember, but currently Doomguy is listed as having Type 2 Immortality for these quotes here:

"We knew not of this Stranger; his mind seemed crippled with rage. He dressed in attire not suited for our lands and carried munition of arcane origin. We watched as his will overcame his injuries, and in the Blood Arena he proved his worth. The Outlander's technique was crude and brutal, but the determination in his charge echoed that of any trueborn Sentinel. His war cry echoed through the Coliseum as did the sound of his fury, and the guards cheered his banner, 'Rip and Tear' they shouted as the beast pushed beyond mortal wounds and certain death."

"Satisfied that he would not be a detriment to their prowess, the Night Sentinels granted him his wish as they ventured through the hellgates with the Stranger in tow. They knew no rest, fighting in the unnatural elements and training under the blood-moon of night. The Stranger suffered exhaustion, wounds, and sickness, but asked for no aid and was offered none."

The problem with this is that we have no measure as to what wounds he had suffered, all it tells us is that he did deal with these things to a vague extent. The problem lies in the fact that the quote makes it clear that it is his willpower that he is capable of such feats, not that he is incapable of dying whatsoever. With the justification we have this is only fit to serve as Supernatural Willpower and a stamina feat, nothing more.

I'm propositioning the Resilient Immortality be removed from his page, it's misleading and incorrect based on the information provided within the source material.
Immortality type 2 doesn't mean you can't die whatsoever, and using willpower to do this still counts since he can survive injuries normal humans can't

Immortality type 2 doesn't mean you can't die whatsoever, and using willpower to do this still counts since he can survive injuries normal humans can't
Type 2 is the explicit ability to survive harm indefinitely without needing to heal, with examples being provided for such including Jason Voorhees; the person capable of surviving as a beating heart despite being completely blown to bits.

We have the ability to differentiate between willpower (and stamina by proxy) and actual immortalities, someone like Guts (who has suffered far worse than Doomguy has in terms of physical damage) wouldn't be given Type 2 because he would eventually succumb to his injuries, be it through bleeding out or just not having the will to continue, Type 2s wouldn't have this problem.

Doomguy doesn't meet any requirements for Type 2.

Type 2 is the explicit ability to survive harm indefinitely without needing to heal, with examples being provided for such including Jason Voorhees; the person capable of surviving as a beating heart despite being completely blown to bits.

We have the ability to differentiate between willpower (and stamina by proxy) and actual immortalities, someone like Guts (who has suffered far worse than Doomguy has in terms of physical damage) wouldn't be given Type 2 because he would eventually succumb to his injuries, be it through bleeding out or just not having the will to continue, Type 2s wouldn't have this problem.

Doomguy doesn't meet any requirements for Type 2.

" Characters with this degree of immortality can indefinitely survive injuries that would otherwise be lethal to a normal person, without needing to heal. This type of immortality can have different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed, for example, by causing extremely severe wounds or the complete destruction of the body or specific parts of it, such as the head, etc."

Where does it say doing it through willpower doesn't count? Thats just the way of doing it being different

And what do you think the minimum for limited type 2 should be? Any examples?

Where does it say doing it through willpower doesn't count? Thats just the way of doing it being different

And what do you think the minimum for limited type 2 should be? Any examples?
Because it isn't immortality, it's willpower/stamina which can be manipulated or exhausted.

Guts is considered to have a limited Type 2 in the form of Berserker Armor, a suit that allows him to fight indefinitely until every last drop of blood is spilled from his body and forcibly holds his body together despite the damage it sustains.

Immortality Type 2 is basically the ability to survive an a state so incapacitated that no mere mortal IRL could survive. Not just surviving fatal injuries, but it's at bare minimum the ability live even if some mandatory organs were removed from your body such as your heart or brain.

This case is people taking the definition of immortality 2 in a wrong way i think, anyway i agree with the removal, and DDM already explained so i don't think i need to repeat it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back