• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomguy profile changes.

I am no big fan of the franchise (At best I played like three games) but even I noticed some errors with the Doomguy profile, mainly with the fact that we consider the Marine from DOOM 3 a "Doomguy", let me clear this mess up.

DOOM Marine/Doomguy/Doomslayer is the protagonist from DOOM, DOOM II, DOOM 64 and DOOM (2016)* while the DOOM 3 Protagonist is different from the original, different face, origin, etc...

So It doesnt make sense that the Marine from DOOM 3 is called Doomguy and should probably get his own page, while Doomguy should get some changes

-In his tabber the first doomguy should have his name changed to this: Doom Marine (DOOM, DOOM II and DOOM 64)

-And the second one to something like: Doom Slayer (DOOM 216)

This nickname come from the fact that the Doomguy while from DOOM to DOOM 64 is called a Marine, while the Doomguy from the "Reboot" gets the Nickname of Doom Slayer once he gains the Praetor Suit. ((I know it my writing make them sound like two different persons but they are the same Marine))

The Summary would be changed to something like this:

The Doomguy (Also called Marine, DOOM Marine, Doom Slayer) is the main protagonist of the original DOOM series (DOOM, DOOM II and DOOM 64) and his reboot in 2016 only named as DOOM, he is a Space Marine of unknown origin that was incarcerated on Mars after a violent actions against a Senior Officer when order fire upon civilians, there he works with the UAC a powerful Inter-Planetary corporation performing secret experiments of interdimensional travel, suddenly something goes wrong in the instalations and the Demons of Hell manifest themselves trought the portals from Phobos and Deimos, all known personell is killed or turned into zombies, a military force from Mars travels to Phobos to investigate the accident, the Marine recive orders to secure the perimeter, time after, all radio contact ceases and the Marine is left alone against the Demons of Hell.

The Marine is able to exterminate the Demons from Phobos and Deimos and exterminate the Spiderdemon on hell, only to the surprise that the Demons have teleported to Earth and making it a total mayhem, the Marine takes the task to eliminate all Demons from Earth, once he finally kill all of the Demons he comesback to hell only to exterminate Demons, its known that he closes all portals to Hell and stays there for an unknown period of time to secure that no Demon ever rises again.

After eons...

Some invastigation by the UAC on Mars, an Altar is found that keeps the Doom Slayer in it, after an invasion from the Demons of Hell the Altar is open and Doom Slayer awakens from his lethargy only to kick the Demons out of Mars again...

((I tried to make all 4 of them conect, but any opinions would be apreciated, 'This would change the Name and Classification Section too.'))

Yeah, as you can notice a game about a silent protagonist and little to no dialogue has a ton of background.

And I thinks thats all, probably his weapons need some revision since they damage a 7-C Demon , but thats another thing for another day (And by that I mean a revision of the verse enfocated more on AP).

I agree, the Doom profiles do have quite a bit of errors. I vaguely recall @RadicalMrR saying most of Doom Guy's weapons should be 8-A to 7-C range due to damaging Cyberdemon, but I don't think he got around to the revisions.

One of the first problems I noticed was Cyberdemon's durability rating; Cityblock level to Town level scaling from BFG; which is strait up Town level? Admittedly, the BFG probably should get a slight downgrade considering the revision for vaporizing a human value, but I still think it be under the Town level range. But Cyberdemon's durability should scale to the BFG's AP either way rather than having an outdated varaible tier.

Okay, I'll admit that I didn't know about that Doom 3 had a different protagonist, but I haven't played that one in a long time, so I'm unsure. But yeah, I think the Soul Cube should scale to the BFG because it can easily kill Cyberdemon in like 3 hits? There's also the Unmaker, which is actually stronger than the BFG, but it only works on demons; at least Town level sounds like an appropriate rating.

As for speed, the ratings are definately accurate, but the descriptions for the ratings need to be rewritten; his movement speed rating for example was upgraded, but the description was not changed changed. It still says "57 to 65 MPH" which is only SuperHuman and that's despite the fact that the RPG's he casually outruns are 660 MPH Subsonic+. His High Hypersonic Combat and Reaction speeds are good though.

But of course, there's his physical strength; while lifting strenth is fine where it is, his normal punches are capable of at least chipping away minimal damage to Cyberdemons naturally. What ever his striking strength is, his durability would scale due to Newton's third law, but their's also still the part where Cyberdemon oneshots him, unless he has a Berserker or the Artifact. But with Berserker or Artifact, Cyberdemon can trade blows. I'd say that Doomguy's striking strength is 7-C with Berserker or the Artifact which would also scale to Cyberdemon's AP. But without those power ups, I'd roughly say that Doom Marine/DoomGuy would be 8-A as he get chip away damage to Cyberdemon little by little, but he can still easily get oneshotted.

As for seperate profiles, I'm alright with that, but they're probably going to have certain weapons seperate. Soul Cube I think was limited to Doom 3. But they'd still be comparible with other stats; I think they both still get the BFG, and they should still have comparable speed, durability, lifting strength, striking strength, ect. Anyway, iirc, Colonel Krukov and Lord Xcano were considered the Doom experts, but they both sadly retired.

I think that the first post seems reasonable.

Back