• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DOOM VS Dark Souls, except not really

Anyways

Does Doomguy abuse range that much? Also, AP between the two?

Scales to this

Doomguy... sometimes? Not severely. Obviously a fair amount of his arsenal includes getting up into a demon's face and chainsawing it/shotgunning it/punching it/etc. He does have ranged weapons and will close distance with them happily, from what I know, but still.

... I do hope that's exclusive to the BFG cause otherwise Crusader is probably gonna get oneshoted

Of course, if The Crusader just straight up runs at him with a Sword, I doubt he'll stick to range, rather opting for getting into a beat down.

No, BFG is 8-B. And Doomguy would, like I said, close range with one of his longer range weapons until a shotgun is more viable. By longer range weapons I mean rocket launchers and stuff.

So

14 KG TNT vs 70 KG TNT

BIGGEST SMALLEST TIER STRIKES AGAIN

The super shotgun had quite the range on it. Crusader may be crippled by that before being able to get into range, unless holy lance is considered equivalent to the arbalest or something lol.

5x AP and range for an albeit short time.

For obvious reasons I vote Doomguy. I do think there's something to be said for healing and stat amping, but not enough. I also believe Crusader could close the gap of AP before Doomguy gets to him but uh...

yeh.

Wokistan said:
The super shotgun had quite the range on it. Crusader may be crippled by that before being able to get into range, unless holy lance is considered equivalent to the arbalest or something lol.
I mean, it can hit from the back of the line to the back of the enemy lines, so that's kinda valid to be honest

Of course again Doomguy tears him in forking half with the AP gap

Doomguy should be able to kill crusader before crusader stacks enough buffs on himself, due to the range advantage. Going Doomguy.

Since a few of the demons death animations include them turning into goopy piles on the floor. Hell Knight does this IIRC, Doom 1. Arachnotron also just sorta becomes blood and nothing else. Pain Elementals explode into nothing except a puff of smoke before disappearing. Aaaaand Cyberdemon also turns into nothing except blood, save for like his feet which are left behind for whatever reason.

Certain Demons, I think it was Baron of Hell, can vaporize humans with their fireballs iirc. And Doomguy with security armor can tank those fireballs. By the way, Doomguy FRA.

Hmm....

I mean... Like, with this much of an AP disadvantage I really don't think it's fair. Judging by the "About One-shots" thread, it's not quite a oneshot, but even in melee, The Crusader can barely hurt Doomguywhile Doomguy can just punch him in the face alot.

And that. But yeah. Doomguy scales to vaping a human.

Why is he still rated as Wall level physically, then?

Last I remember, he was scaled to Imps who could smash down steel doors.

Probably can't do as much as a Baron's fireball physically, if I had to guess.

Also... do they break the steel door? I don't recall that and that might also be a 9-A feat depending on how big bad the doors are and how bad the destruction is.

Base Doomguy is At least Wall level, and is much stronger than Imps while not quite a strong, but still able to go toe to toe with Barons of Hell and Hell Knights. His armor power up has Small Building level durability for sure. Though, I've been thinking that maybe Doomguy should be 9-A in base for quite a bit now.

Mr. Bambu said:
Probably can't do as much as a Baron's fireball physically, if I had to guess.
Also... do they break the steel door? I don't recall that and that might also be a 9-A feat depending on how big bad the doors are and how bad the destruction is.
Here

They'd don't "break" it so much as "dent it severely and knock it down off its hinging", but still. And this isn't trailer-exclusive, either. It happens in-game.

> Doom 3

oh boy where do I begin

AFAIK, it was decided this wasn't canon to the rest of the games. Anything from like... not Doom 3?

False, Doom 3 is canon, we just don't know where it takes place. And it features a different protagonist. Doom 3 is a prequel to the Doom RPG games though.

@Bambu:

Not that I can remember.

I mean, there's Base Doomguy's ability to tank barrel explosions in-game, but that's about it.

Oh. Really?

Still, immaterial as it still is another guy, but useful to know.

Then in the end, they'd probably scale to vaping folks.

The marine from Doom 3 also does appear to be significantly weaker than the real Doomguy though. And Doom also takes place in the same universe as Wolfenstein iirc. So if there's feats in wolfenstein, they might scale to Doom cast. And sort of, we removed some stuff exclusive to Doom 3, but there's more things to remove. As well as other abilities to add to Doomslayer mentioned on another thread.

DMUA said:
Also pretty sure Doomguy is a composite profile
Doom 3 is not on there yet. We considered making another profile for him.

Doesn't Doomguy AP stomp

Doomguy scaling to vaporization of a human should probably be accepted in a CRT before we assume that, seeing as his current profile doesn't reflect that at all.

If so...maybe? I forgot what the numerical difference was.

Actually no :p

Back