• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom eternal Predictions

Some speed stuff:

The Microwave Beam mod is a beam of pure microwave radiation, which travels at the speed of light. The Marauder, who scales slightly below or equal to the Doomslayer, can react to this mod and block it with his shield., or even dodge it.

The Icon of Sin fires a laser beam from his head in the final fight, and it appears to be true light or similar enough to qualify for Light Speed. The Slayer can dodge this before it can do damage to him.

The Slayer runs faster than his rockets.

The Ballista's normal shots fires pure Argent Energy in a laser beam, and the Marauder can block/dodge it.

Pretty sure the OBDers and the DBwiki residents as well as the DB team themselves believe Doomguy gets solid 7-B and relativistic upgrades. I'm gonna assume it's due to the titans surviving nukes (it's a ******* technologically advanced world and you expect us to believe they DIDN'T use nukes?) and the laser plus microwave beam stuff.

There's easily enough to qualify Doomslayer for "At least 7-B" and "At least Relatavistic". Keep in mind though that this isn't a CRT thread. Actually this thread was about predictions even though the games out, so lol. I would make the CRT but I feel like I'd accidentally leave something important out, especially when there's so much to cover.

We should probably change this thread's title or make another one.

Also, if it IS a tanking feat, why can't we use the 10K feat?

An other feat is found in the Divine Machine Codex. So the Maykr collective used their precognition/omniscience to explore infinite possibilities and timelines, but the only constant that remains unaffected by variables is that the "Prophesied Destroyer" (i.e. Doom Slayer) is going to destroy them. This sounds like Fate Manipulation and Acausality (unsure which type).

It sounds straight-forward, so before adding it in the CRT, it is probably a good idea to see if someone can quickly identify what type of acausality this is.

Dienomite22 said:
I mean, yes. We are taking the "energy source" thing far too literally. The description KoS provided says when in the station, the 9K's shots are fired through lens rings that are pumped with gaseous argent energy meaning it is not just the 9K's argent energy here. We also see a large room with a pool of argent energy underneath the 10K.
I think this pumping of gaseous argent is the beam that's actually being fired, not more fuel. Also would like to note that there's a specific security alert for doomguy having the bfg 9k but not for the 10k being pointed at places it shouldn't be, so clearly they were more worried about one thing than the other.

As for Icon of Sin, I think it's only Low 2-C over time. Hell may be 5D but that doesn't mean the normal universe is, and that's what it would eventually consume. Not scaled to doomguy, you kill Icon before it can get that strong.

The icon doesn't get stronger. At least not from any of the dialogue I recall. His ability to crush the entire universe passively is just something he can do at base.

On the Urdak level Hayden says that he's getting stronger every minute he's on earth and that you need to get through it asap, just played through it. Idk how to record my own stuff but I could look for a video.

"The Icon's presence warps reality, damaging the implicate order of our dimension merely by existing within it. If the Icon is allowed to remain unchecked it would lead to the total devastation of Earth, followed by a breakdown of spacetime around the planet. The Resultant black hole will eventually drag our entire universe down, casting it into the mouth of Hell as conquest to be absorbed by the Dark Realm."

Would like to note the Codex says "eventually"

I think this pumping of gaseous argent is the beam that's actually being fired, not more fuel. Also would like to note that there's a specific security alert for doomguy having the bfg 9k but not for the 10k being pointed at places it shouldn't be, so clearly they were more worried about one thing than the other.
"...When mounted inside the station's magnification array the BFG can be fired into a series of reactive lensing rings; these rings pump a constant stream of gaseous Argent throughout the barrel, producing a tremendous energy wave powerful enough to crack the surface of a planet."

Not exactly, watch the cutscene and you can see the BFG 10000 having argent energy throughout the barrel before it is even shot when the camera shows the barrel being turned towards mars.

There was a explicit security alert warning about mars being targeted by the 10K though? And Doomguy is always a security issue with anything he does so that doesn't mean much by itself.

Hmm, that makes sense, but the fact that the Icon's mere presence was already warping reality on an apparently universal scale by the time it fought Doomguy is still pretty crazy. "Get stronger" can also mean a lot of different things AP wise depending on the context.

I would like to believe that the BFG 10K only removed the limiter off of the BFG 9K. And no that it was some sort of an Amplifier.

If it already was warping the universe that should be Low 2-C

(also guys move to the othre thread lol)

Well, the Low 2-C thing being over time doesn't always mean it isn't legit. It really depends on context. But as like as infinite energy or above level feats are done within a finite amount if time, we can't really divide that. And I agree that the universe is only Low 2-C. There's only one Hell that's above an infinite number of timelines that all share the same Hell. So destroying the Universe is only a Low 2-C feat.

But I'd rather get around to seeing through the whole game for myself till I give my thoughts on the Low 2-C feat. Which I can't atm because all I do is work.

tfw nobody opined at all on me saying it's time to stop treating non superweapons as like tier 9

I did mention my disagreements on that for many inconsistency reasons and how many loopholes that would lead to.

Didn't see it, I'll check tomorrow

TRUE RULER OF THE UNIVERSE IN THE DLC AAAAAAA. I'M PREDICTING 3-A TO LOW 2-C STUFF, BOYS.

It also confirms new abilities, for the Doomslayer.

Wait. Should someone make a thread on DLC predictions or something, then? There are still things to predict, the game isn't necessarily finished.

Aside from that, though, I don't mind the closing of this thread. It's already at 396 messages, with this one, anyways.

I got really confused then because I thought this was the revision thread...

Yeah this should be closed.

Back