• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't know if this has been done, but Minecraft downgrade for the Player.

So the true player is currently listed as 2-C, Possibly 2-B. the reason for this tier is due to the fact that they are the "creator of a private world." The issue I have with this is that creating the world is likely just a game mechanic. If creating worlds wasn't a game mechanic, then the Terrarian should be at least 2-C as well. This would also mean games where you can save and load automatically gives the character time manipulation. Also, where does it say that minecraft is but a dream? I don't recall seeing that anywhere, and even then, it sounds hyperbolic.

I support this given the non-existent evidence the profile shows for such high stats.

Implying "creator of a private world" was a game mechanic based on assumption of about the End Poem implies private world is equivalent to one game's select world. Is too far fetch. First End Poem never stated "private world" a select world, and second and last is that End Poem "private world" is highly likely to be every games since it stated to be scope Minecraft verse and beyond.

(src 1, src 2)

It's saying private world is our private world, and what's private world supposed to be? Of course it existed to every games, and yeah YOU can play many games other than Minecraft.

Also OP's Terraria logic and save and load is invalid to Minecraft Logic since Minecraft separate worlds and doesn't have save and load (only respawn, which people seems calling it game mechanic over and over again which debunked by people in vsb wikia many times over) while Terraria's traverse between worlds with small ass 2D world.

Unlike Terraria's lore through gameplay, Minecraft has lore through ending. That's big difference.

And I hope @Saikou's here since he's veteran xD

But again this controversial debate End Poem lore of Minecraft and game mechanic stuff. Ugh tired of it. >_<

I never said that it was a private world from the ending poem. I'm just saying it was on the player's profile. Not sure what you mean by "every game."

Everything thats said on the poem honestly seems pretty vague and hyperbolic.

It could mean that they didn't literally create the world, rather they built upon the world and make their own creations. The dream part is just the player's imagination, and we can make whatever we want in the world. Whether it be a house or rollercoaster.

The whole poem seems like something to inspire the player, and they say it in a symbolic and metaphorical way. I doubt its meant to be taken literally.

I'm not gonna get too deep into the terraria stuff, since thats a different can of worms entirely. However, I will say that in terraria, you can also create worlds. You can also respawn in terraria, but thats counted as a game mechanic. The actual size of the terrarian world doesn't really matter, nor does the 2D stuff matter. 2D is just an art style, otherwise the Terrarian would be 2nd dimensional. Also, the world in terraria is implied to be far larger than the world we can play on, as we can see in the background. If ingame size mattered that much, then the power stars/lumas wouldn't be galaxy level, but thats another can of worms entirely. Also, nowhere in the games lore does it say that as long as the "true player" exists, death is but an inconvinience to them.

"I never said that it was a private world from the ending poem. I'm just saying it was on the player's profile."

Ok...

"Not sure what you mean by "every game.""

My theory on that "every game" based on how End Poem viewed and imply the Minecraft as a game and other games.

"Everything thats said on the poem honestly seems pretty vague and hyperbolic."

Yeah sure but for most people speculation. Not really since there's only few people in vsb wikia understood those (except that censored) stuff (I meant the deep details within End Poem lore), regardless of its dream or a game.

"It could mean that they didn't literally create the world, rather they built upon the world and make their own creations. The dream part is just the player's imagination, and we can make whatever we want in the world. Whether it be a house or rollercoaster."

Heard that before from many people cuz most people speculate their reality's a dream. It doesn't mean it's their imagination. Don't just be fooled by its interpretation of calling it just a dream since the End Poem also stated Player's entire reality is a dream which is the long dream while the Entities themselves implied they're the Player's reality (aka Universe of the Player) not the long dream of the Player. So dream inside a dream is impossible to become imagination part of the Player. It's like saying their reality is a lie, but that's not how the Entities enlightened the Player, it's the opposite.

"The whole poem seems like something to inspire the player, and they say it in a symbolic and metaphorical way. I doubt its meant to be taken literally."

Because it's fourth wall breaking, but that doesn't mean anything. Regardless whether or not it's literal.

"I'm not gonna get too deep into the terraria stuff, since thats a different can of worms entirely. However, I will say that in terraria, you can also create worlds. You can also respawn in terraria, but thats counted as a game mechanic."

Because it doesn't have a lore like Minecraft do. Does Terraria have End Poem or like End Credits lore or something like that? No. It's different story for Minecraft. Terraria has nothing to do with Minecraft.

"The actual size of the terrarian world doesn't really matter"

Same thing to Minecraft.

"nor does the 2D stuff matter."

K

"Also, the world in terraria is implied to be far larger than the world we can play on, as we can see in the background. If ingame size mattered that much, then the power stars/lumas wouldn't be galaxy level, but thats another can of worms entirely."

Damn the Terraria lore just ended so quickly cuz it's final release. I couldn't play its more update *sad noises*

"Also, nowhere in the games lore does it say that as long as the "true player" exists, death is but an inconvinience to them."

I don't know how you viewed its interpretion but true player is just Us and regarding of "death is inconvenience" you should read the discussion right here cuz it's not specialty to debate regarding Type 9 or Resurrection.

Terraria actually has a lore here but thats enough about terraria

After looking back, I guess all of this is accurate. But I'm still wondering if this can still be applied. After all, its referring to US as a person, not the player in minecraft. Its referring to how WE can play other games, and how WE create the worlds, not the player.

This is kind of hard to explain, and I know that the player is us, but at the same time it really isn't. It isn't referring to the person ingame, but rather us as a person. As you know, the player ingame, and us are two entirely separate entities. If they were the same person, then the "real player" should be listed as a higher tier, since it does mention that there are other games, and there are plenty of other stronger game protagonists that we play as.

If were really going to apply this, then we should at least make a different profile for us ("the real player") or add on to the existing profile that the player ingame, and the player as in us are two different entities, and its only referring to the player in minecraft, since if we were including other game protagonists, then we would be on a different tier entirely.

"This is kind of hard to explain, and I know that the player is us, but at the same time it really isn't. It isn't referring to the person ingame, but rather us as a person. As you know, the player ingame, and us are two entirely separate entities. If they were the same person, then the "real player" should be listed as a higher tier, since it does mention that there are other games, and there are plenty of other stronger game protagonists that we play as."

Yeah I know what you're talking about. Well unfortunately I forgot the url of the threads what related cuz it's old stuff. You can ask @Saikou he's rlly git gud at it or find old threads related about it cuz that type of debate have been discussed many times.

"Terraria actually has a lore here but thats enough about terraria"

Wait a moment cuz I gonna read the lore cause it was dope.

Edit: Now I finished reading Terraria's lore. It seems to be Terraria community's controversial topic. A lot of people love the game but many people disagree that lore being close to game canon. Aka Terraria fans more think of it a game without story (just like Minecraft and same issue just like Minecraft). Crap I think people started making theories and fanfics for it just like Minecraft community.

Back