• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does this make the soul conceptual?

image.png

Not much to say since it's in the title.

So the soul is essentially the blueprint and fundemental foundation of the entire being? I believe that makes the soul a Type 3 concept and gives the soul itself Type 1 Abstract Existence

I don't understand why AE type 1 (or even CM type 3 if nothing is being altered/destroyed/created) is being suggested. It goes against the notion of individuality that the author presented.

All I see here is the soul being equated to someone's existence, and the advantage they get from it is regeneration (level to what he as far presented).

I don't understand why AE type 1 (or even CM type 3 if nothing is being altered/destroyed/created) is being suggested. It goes against the notion of individuality that the author presented.

All I see here is the soul being equated to someone's existence, and the advantage they get from it is regeneration (level to what he as far presented).
The full scan or context is him destroying parts of his soul to destroy his opponents soul And if he loses a part of his soul then he can’t regenerate what it corresponds to also same goes for his opponent but everyone he used it on died anyways so regeneration is useless. So something is being manipulated. Also characters can exist in a soul state. The soul isn’t equated to someone’s existence but is a fundamental to their existence which governs them as a person.

I don't understand why AE type 1 (or even CM type 3 if nothing is being altered/destroyed/created) is being suggested.
The body is altered by the soul by it basically saying "this doesn't fit the floor plan of your existence" and fixing it. And while I'm not sure about this, it seems to be inferred that the mind and body are manifested by the soul, thus some degree of creation. Also
personal concepts that continue to govern the object in question
Is the first example given of a concept that falls under Type 3, and the soul seems to most definitely be a personal concept that governs the body (the object in question)
I also don't see how it goes against individuality, as it is the personal concept of the individual's existence, as opposed to the soul being the concept of humanity or sumn

AE Type 1 for the soul stems from it being the metaphysical embodiment of the concept of the person in question, and it's shown that it can't be affected without being affected on a conceptual level (such as entropy dissolving the person's eyes on both the physical and metaphysical level)

Last edited:
I'll review them later and offer my perspective if it's important to you. It's not a CRT, but I assume you'd like a second opinion on it.

Life mana has authority over the concept of existence
but the concept of one's existence would still fall under Type 3
while Life mana could be Type 2 (Meaning if someone can alter the concept of Life mana it would not just affect individual person but everyone so one person affecting someone's life mana to alter their concept of existence would still be Type 3 hax and no Type 2)

In a way take it like this
Type 2 concept governs a Life Mana
this Life Mana then in turn governs Personal concept of existence (Type 3)

in a way that The concept of Life Mana exist differently from Life Mana itself that it defines

so yes Soul would be conceptual Type 3 and since the existence of someone relies on it, it's a concept that is fundamental to one's being

Last edited:
After the new context has been represented, my view point has fully changed. If you want to skip the long (detailed) evaluation, go directly to the conclusion.

I don't mind if you use my explanation to some explanation section in the verse page or anything. My primary objective is to render my utmost assistance and provide logical elucidations regarding the subject matter.

As for the entire main question of the thread – no, I don't think it is conceptual (under our definition of conceptual in vsbw) after seeing the significance of Life Mana, rather this is spiritual/abstract.

anime.gif

Humans were made of the body, the mind, and the soul. The mind was simply the brain perceiving the surroundings with the body, while the body was just that, the body.

But the soul was something different.

The soul was the very thing that dictated someone's existence.

The soul dictated how big something was and what it was made out of, and it represented the individuality of every person.

As you see, there are three fundamental components:
  • The Body: The text introduces the body as a physical entity, emphasizing that it is undoubtedly what it appears to be – the corporeal form of a person. This component is described as the tangible and visible aspect of a human.
  • The Mind: The mind is depicted as the part of the human that processes information from the external world through the brain and perceives its surroundings. It suggests that the mind operates in conjunction with the body to interact with the environment.
  • The Soul: The soul is presented as a unique and distinct entity from the body and the mind. Unlike the body and the mind, which have more concrete functions, the soul is described as the element that defines a person's existence. It goes beyond the physical and cognitive aspects, playing a crucial role in determining a person's individuality.
But also the context introduces two significant roles to the soul
  1. Size and composition – the soul is said to influence how big something or someone is and what it is made of.
  2. Individuality – The soul is portrayed as the embodiment of an individual's uniqueness. This suggests that it holds a person's distinct identity, character, and perhaps their deeper essence that sets them apart from others.
When Shang's arm was cut off, his body could simply regrow it, and it achieved this by using Mana to synochronise the body with the soul again.

The soul still dictated that Shang had an arm, and the body would simply shape the Mana in such a way that Shang would receive a new arm that was identical to the old one.

However, this didn't work when Shang sacrificed something to his Entropy.

When Shang had sacrificed his eyes, he had essentially transformed the eyes of his soul into pure power.

Shang lost a part of his whenever he used Entropy

Okay, this is more practical now. The context here simply shows that you can regenerate through Mana. And it also introduces that the soul still plays a central role in this context, such as that Soul still dictates the presence of certain body parts. This implies that the soul is a kind of blueprint for the physical body and can influence its form and composition.

Moreover, we got a new concept - Entropy which seems to be a power or force that Shang can manipulate. It's mentioned that when Shang sacrifices something to his Entropy, such as his eyes, these sacrifices have a profound effect on his soul. In the case of his eyes, it's suggested that they are transformed into pure power. This transformation appears to come at a cost, as it is mentioned that Shang loses a part of his soul whenever he uses Entropy.

Until now, let's break down the main aspects into smaller ones.
The nature of sacrifice
the limits of regeneration
the consequences of using these supernatural forces.

Alright, I will be evaluating the last two new images
"Your soul is made of Life Mana, and Life Mana can't be touched easily."

"But Life Mana is also Mana."

"When an Abomination extends its essence to
fuse with Mana, it does so on a fundamental
level, which includes all forms of Mana,
including Life Mana."

"Life Mana dictates the very concept of existence. If you lose Life Mana, your concept of existence gets altered."

"In your case, the part of your soul that represents your eyes no longer exists. In a sense, this couldn't even be called an injury since there is nothing to heal."

"You are you. You are complete. Having eyes would be just as abnormal for you as for another human to have wings growing out of their back."

"Injuring someone's soul is difficult since it resides in a different space than the one everyone resides in. Don't try to fully grasp this concept just yet. It is very complicated, even for someone like me."

Shang wordlessly nodded.

"For now, just imagine that your soul exists in a parallel reality that overlaps our own. Imagine your soul as a cloud and your body as an anchor."

"If the anchor gets damaged, the cloud can repair it."

"If the anchor gets completely destroyed, the cloud will float away and disperse. That is death."

"However, nothing can touch the cloud. It is virtually invulnerable."

"When an Abomination explodes, it also just destroys the anchor."

"However, if an Abomination wants to explode, it pulls in all kinds of Mana around it, including Space, Time, Gravity, and the very Concepts that dictate life itself, Life Mana."

This is a bit of a lot of information, so bear with me, I will figure out its importance to our discussion. It is imperative to emphasize that this is not a comprehensive introduction, as the character suggests that the subject is intricate. So obviously, through the series, there will be new information.

Shang's soul is described as made of Life Mana, a type of Mana that is stated to be not easily touchable. The text introduces the concept of Abominations, entities that can extend their essence to fuse with Mana. This fusion occurs on a fundamental level and encompasses all forms of Mana, including Life Mana. It implies that Abominations have the ability to manipulate and interact with various types of Mana.

Life Mana is said to dictate the very concept of existence. If someone loses Life Mana, it alters their concept of existence. In the case of Shang's missing eyes, the part of his soul representing his eyes no longer exists. This transformation is so fundamental that it cannot even be called an injury, since there's nothing to heal.
  • The text introduces the idea that the soul exists in a parallel reality that overlaps with the physical world. The soul is described as a cloud, while the body serves as an anchor. If the anchor (the body) is damaged, the cloud (the soul) can repair it. However, if the anchor is completely destroyed, the cloud disperses, resulting in death.
  • The soul is depicted as virtually invulnerable; nothing can touch it. Even when an Abomination explodes, it only destroys the anchor (the body). This suggests that the soul is a resilient and integral part of a person's being.
Abominations; When they explode, they draw in various types of Mana, including Space, Time, Gravity, and Life Mana. This implies that Abominations can manipulate and harness these powerful forces, potentially for destructive purposes.

What is Soul?​

It is a fundamental aspect of an individual's existence. It plays a central role in defining who they are and their unique identity. The soul is composed of a mystical and powerful substance known as "Life Mana." This Life Mana is distinct from other forms of Mana and is considered to be unassailable or difficult to touch directly. It is also the seat of an individual's uniqueness and identity. It contains elements that represent specific attributes of the person, such as their eyes. When these attributes are altered or sacrificed, it profoundly alters the individual's concept of existence.

The soul is intricately connected to the physical body. It is described as residing in a parallel reality that overlaps with the physical world. The body is likened to an anchor for the soul.

The soul has the remarkable ability to influence the body's form and composition. It can facilitate the regeneration of lost body parts, such as limbs, using Mana. When something is sacrificed to other forces, like Entropy, the soul can undergo alterations that permanently affect the individual's concept of existence.

The soul is depicted as virtually invulnerable. It cannot be directly harmed or damaged by external forces. Even in situations where the physical body is destroyed, the soul remains intact until it disperses, signifying death.
Abominations
  • Reality manipulation
    • Space-time manipulation
    • Gravity manipulation
    • And other unknown forces that are not given to the context
  • Life Mana Manipulation
  • Soul manipulation and NPI to souls on a fundamental level, for destruction aims.
    • They target the physical aspect rather than souls, since they are virtually invulnerable!
Life Mana
  • Transformation acts as regeneration
    • It is not regeneration, since it implies that transformation is so fundamental that it cannot even be called an injury, since there's nothing to heal.
  • Conceptual manipulation type 2
Souls
  • Soul state= Unconventional resistance to soul manipulation
    • Likely Abstract Existence type 2, arguments for this
      • Embodies an Abstraction: is described as being composed of Life Mana, which seems to be an abstraction or a fundamental force that dictates the concept of existence. Therefore, the soul can be seen as embodying this abstraction.
      • Resurrection or Regeneration: has the ability to regenerate or repair the physical body when it is damaged or lost.
      • Permanently Killed by Destroying the Abstraction: altering or destroying the abstraction (in this case, Life Mana) could have permanent consequences for an individual's concept of existence. This aligns with the idea that permanently killing such characters may require targeting the abstraction itself.
  • Invulnerability (needs specific range to directly harm / any higher dimensional opponent should be able to bypass this)
  • Regeneration using Mana
    • (non-existence of Body = death)
  • Conceptual manipulation type 3
  • Likely Immortality type 9

Last edited:
It would be unconventional type 9 at most afaik, since while the soul is unharmed by bodily death, it still "floats away", essentially being removed from the fight. And if goes on to an afterlife, then there's no type 9 to be had there

Back