• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does this amount to anything speed-wise?

Say, I'll admit I'm pretty bad when it comes to stuff like higher dimensions or non straightforward physics, lol, but I thought it was worth asking.

Well, when working on some unrelated Final Fantasy stuff I noticed the following things regarding the Lifestream from Final Fantasy VII:

At first I didn't think much of any of this, but I came across some stuff in several profiles where the justifications for Infinite or Immesurable speed mentioned "movement that trascends space and time", "capable of moving in a dimension beyond space and time", "can reach another realm crossing the different space-time", etc. Now, I am not saying it's the same or anything, I could be heavily misunderstanding everything, but that's the reason I thought I'd ask if this is worth looking into.

Thnaks in advance as always.

Last edited:
Doesn't grant anything speed wise nowaday, back then it can grant Immeasurable speed, but now it just grant you dimensional travel

Aerith and Sephiroth who remain as themselves and effectively come and go as they please, in this "instantaneous" way
What does this mean? Can you show the scan?

I have tried looking in the speed profile and I can't find anything proving infinite speed, unfortunately. However, looking at who Cloud scales to, I thought of something that could make him and some other characters Infinite speed.

What does this mean? Can you show the scan?

I have tried looking in the speed profile and I can't find anything proving infinite speed, unfortunately. However, looking at who Cloud scales to, I thought of something that could make him and some other characters Infinite speed.
Sorry, for the late as frig post. I added scans in the first post.

In particular this is the one. It's not in itself that drew my attention, rather summing it up with the other parts I mentioned.

Yeah, there's nothing in the profiles really pointing at non measurable speed or anything, this is pretty much a trippy idea I got after a while and wanted to ask about. Though I am curious about what you have found on your end.

EDIT: For frig's sake, don't know what happened but my edit to the first post wasn't saved and none of the links were posted =V. Gimme a bit to fix that.

EDIT 2: Alright, added them. Sorry for that screw up.

Last edited:
Sorry, for the late as frig post. I added scans in the first post.

In particular this is the one. It's not in itself that drew my attention, rather summing it up with the other parts I mentioned.

Yeah, there's nothing in the profiles really pointing at non measurable speed or anything, this is pretty much a trippy idea I got after a while and wanted to ask about. Though I am curious about what you have found on your end.

EDIT: For frig's sake, don't know what happened but my edit to the first post wasn't saved and none of the links were posted =V. Gimme a bit to fix that.

EDIT 2: Alright, added them. Sorry for that screw up.
It says the places in the Lifestream are contiguous, which makes travelling to places in the surface much quicker. So it might not be that good of a speed feat.

I think there is a better feat you can use for infinite speed that scales to Gilgamesh however I don't know shit about FF games other than 7,13,14 and 16 so I have no idea if Gilgamesh from 14 can scale to Cloud and gang. He's able to fight the Warrior of Light who rode on Zenos' back while both Zenos and the Endsinger were flying at max speed, and both Zenos and the Endsinger are able to fly to the edge of the universe

It says the places in the Lifestream are contiguous, which makes travelling to places in the surface much quicker. So it might not be that good of a speed feat.

I think there is a better feat you can use for infinite speed that scales to Gilgamesh however I don't know shit about FF games other than 7,13,14 and 16 so I have no idea if Gilgamesh from 14 can scale to Cloud and gang. He's able to fight the Warrior of Light who rode on Zenos' back while both Zenos and the Endsinger were flying at max speed, and both Zenos and the Endsinger are able to fly to the edge of the universe
Well not so much that statement alone by itself, rather the statement + time and space being arbitrary in the Lifestream + Aerith and, espceially, Sephiroth being able to move freely in the Lifestream despite the movement of the current + being able to reach places where Mako cannot. But, um... yeah, if I have to bend myself backwards so much to make a case out of it then that in itself is proof of being a rather flimsy evidence to begin with, lol.

While I have never played XIV afaik this wiki does consider XIV Gil the same as the one from V so if he has a good speed feat there it could be applied to the other titles. Thought it would depend on the timeline (more precisely, I think his XIV appearances take place after Dissidia and his adventures in the V to XIII games)

Back