• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does EE provide spirit resistance?

He states that generally DB fans will resist the spiritual attacks of the characters because of the hakai. Will EE resist any spiritual attack?

if it affect souls i belive yes, EE is absolute destruction after all, i don't see why resisting to an absolute destruction won't resist to a normal destruction

if it affect souls i belive yes, EE is absolute destruction after all, i don't see why resisting to an absolute destruction won't resist to a normal destruction
I am more curious about the point of view of the site here. If as you said, soul resist should be written in the profile of DB characters because it is not present

That kind of logic can just be applied to physical EE and punching someone, both destroy something, ones just more effective, so would you say that resisting physical EE should give invulnerability as well?

That kind of logic can just be applied to physical EE and punching someone, both destroy something, ones just more effective, so would you say that resisting physical EE should give invulnerability as well?
my man, Soul dosen't have durability, soul is soul. EE is just a greater level than destruction, but because it negate physical durability. Soul can be negged in many ways, and soul potency is maded by other souls in our wiki

my man, Soul dosen't have durability, soul is soul. EE is just a greater level than destruction, but because it negate physical durability. Soul can be negged in many ways, and soul potency is maded by other souls in our wiki
There are quite a few verses that would disagree with you on that

Also, your original post was just comparing EE to lesser forms of destruction, which is faulty, that was my point, you can't compare EE to lesser forms of destruction nor give resistance to them for it.

There are quite a few verses that would disagree with you on that

Also, your original post was just comparing EE to lesser forms of destruction, which is faulty, that was my point, you can't compare EE to lesser forms of destruction nor give resistance to them for it.
Soul is judged by other souls here. that's all. Hakai can destroy your soul, shouldn't it be resistance to soul manipulation?

It should. It makes no sense that you'd be able to resist your soul getting erased, but not getting ''crushed''. Of course soul snatching is another thing.

If you survive ee shouldn't you also get resistance to atomic destruction, since atomic destruction only targets and destroys your atoms , while ee erases not just your atoms, but your entire body

Yeh because surviving an attack that targets your soul doesn't give you a resistance to soul based attacks, silly me

It should. It makes no sense that you'd be able to resist your soul getting erased, but not getting ''crushed''. Of course soul snatching is another thing.
This. Just as if I can survive having my entire form being erased to literally nothing and live to tell about it, it getting cracked, bruised or damaged is certainly not something new. In terms of destruction/erasure, yes, the EE erasing souls should grant resistance to soul-destruction based soul manipulation, and I even made a thread on this exact thing before too actually.

Though, im not sure if this should be outright written as "resistance to soul manipulation" since, technically, it's not exactly that. But rather, resistance to the EE provides an alternate "get out of jail free card" against soul manipulation in this matter. Maybe a note should be written on the soul manipulation, existence erasure, void manipulation, and resistance pages instead?

Yeh because surviving an attack that targets your soul doesn't give you a resistance to soul based attacks, silly me
it does give u resistance to soul based EE (which would just be put as " Resistance to EE (was not affected by xyz which erases body and soul)"

it does give u resistance to soul based EE (which would just be put as " Resistance to EE (was not affected by xyz which erases body and soul)"
I dunno, if should give also resistance to soul based attacks too, since it doesn't just attack you, it outright erases your soul from existence which is definitely more higher than just attacking or damaging the soul

I dunno, if should give also resistance to soul based attacks too, since it doesn't just attack you, it outright erases your soul from existence which is definitely more higher than just attacking or damaging the soul
not really, EE is not the same as absorbing the soul, or paralyzing the soul etc. so it would just be resistance to EE

No, it doesnt, Soul Hax is not only destruction, characters can affect souls in a lot of ways, like chaning the nature of it, corrupting it, removing it from the body, changing the way that the soul works, poisoning the soul etc, in the same way that resisting physical EE doesnt give resistance to having ur atoms changing, transmutation etc

No, it doesnt, Soul Hax is not only destruction, characters can affect souls in a lot of ways, like chaning the nature of it, corrupting it, removing it from the body, changing the way that the soul works, poisoning the soul etc, in the same way that resisting physical EE doesnt give resistance to having ur atoms changing, transmutation etc
I am pretty sure I only mentioned attacks, not absorbing etc.
Those require their own resistance

well to answer the question now that the other stuff was made clear

"if u resist EE does it mean normal attacks u resist"
the answer would be no, the reason for this is cus EE is treated as a hax that bypasses durability

Now that I think about it, shouldn't you get a resistance to attack that targets and damage your atoms, since EE outright not just same or effect your atoms, but outright erasing you, leaving no trace of your existence at all

EE doesnt affect souls by default (this is on the page even), so it shouldn't give soul resistance inherently. If the EE targets souls, then yes, but it would be kind of redundant to list it when you can just specify that the character resists EE that affects souls to begin with.

EE doesnt affect souls by default (this is on the page even), so it shouldn't give soul resistance inherently. If the EE targets souls, then yes, but it would be kind of redundant to list it when you can just specify that the character resists EE that affects souls to begin with.
Can a person who resists a soul erasing ee also resist something paralyzing that shatters the soul that causes him pain, or are they considered different?

Can a person who resists a soul erasing ee also resist something paralyzing that shatters the soul that causes him pain, or are they considered different?
these are different things, in the same way that resisting physical EE wont grant resistance to paralysis or matter hax

But if I'm resisting the EE then I am technically resisting my soul getting attacked right? so that should count as soul durability should it not?

i know this is an unrelated issue, but it keeps bothering me, isnt soul EE just EE + soul manip? indirectly destroying souls via normal attacks is counted as soul manipulation, but doing pretty much the same thing + completely destroying a guys physical body doesnt. it just makes no sense

Back