• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does conceptual type 8 grants Mid-Godly regen?

I guess? But if the thing that you rely on is destroyed, plain old erasure would kill you. Then again, if you embody it you would basically rely on your own concept. Hmmm..

I see what you mean, I think the mid Godly would be granted only for the being who depends on their concept as madoka.

EDIT: but may also say that it is not Mid Godly because an aspect of them still exists, so I do not know.

Not too hot about the idea of giving Regenerationn because of immortality. It's redundant and people can confuse it for meaning that the character has Mid-Godly regen even without the Reliant object.

Agreed. Although if you embody the thing that you are regenerating from, wouldn't that mean that you can come back as long as your concept exists (which is Mid-Godly)? Something like The Father (who has mid-godly for this reason)

You come back, but not from your own Regenerationn. You come back due to relying on said object/concept. If you deleted it then said character won't be mid-godly anymore; indicating that it isn't regen.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Not too hot about the idea of giving Regenerationn because of immortality. It's redundant and people can confuse it for meaning that the character has Mid-Godly regen even without the Reliant object.
I agree with that.

I usually handle it so that if type 8 is given the Regenerationn is what the character can regenerate from without reliance on what gives him type 8. (I think there once was a thread about that.... not sure though)

Kaltias said:
Agreed. Although if you embody the thing that you are regenerating from, wouldn't that mean that you can come back as long as your concept exists (which is Mid-Godly)? Something like The Father (who has mid-godly for this reason)
You can not have type 8 reliant on yourself, exactly due to that being what normal regen is and hence redundant. So if you embody the thing that you are regenerating from then you don't have type 8 (since you are the thing), but regen on the level of whatever destroying the thing you embody equals to. (in case of concept mid godly and abstract existence)

Not... necesarily.

I see it this way:

Type 8 without Regenerationn: If you die, the concept dies with you.

Type 8 with regen: If you die you can come back, so the concept is still good and sound.

The former isn't type 8 tho. If it's destroyed when you die it's the concept relying on you, not you relying on the concept

Kaltias said:
The former isn't type 8 tho. If it's destroyed when you die it's the concept relying on you, not you relying on the concept
Its the concept granting you the inability to die by normal means. Like, from old age and such. Hax can kill you.

Type 8 as I see it isnt necesarily something like: bruh, as long as the concept exist Im untouchable. That's the OP version of it.

PaChi2 said:
Its the concept granting you the inability to die by normal means. Like, from old age and such. Hax can kill you.
No, type 8 means you will live as long as the thing you are reliant on exists, even if you are killed by normal means. What you are describing is just conditional type 1.

If the thing is destroyed if you are killed it really isn't type 8.

I don't think Type 8 immortality should grant Regenerationn.

You can be separated from the source of your immortality and that source can be destroyed.

If we make it give Regenerationn, we're removing any distinction between Immortality and Regenerationn.

Can't you simply stay alive without regenerating?

You simply stay alive, but without a physical body or something. Like you are Alive, but simply not in a conventional sense.

I agree with Promestein. We should also preferably stick to what has been shown or stated, not speculation.

Does conceptual type 8 grants Mid-Godly regen?

In most cases, yes. But not necessary.

@Blanked

Pretty sure that if you can't come back it doesn't count as immortality type 8 to begin with. If you can't act or reform, for every intent and purpose you are dead.

Pretty sure that if you can't come back it doesn't count as immortality type 8 to begin with. If you can't act or reform, for every intent and purpose you are dead.

You can reincarnate. And reincarnation =/= Regenerationn.

@A6colute

I know, with "coming back" I meant resurrecting/regenerating. I meant that I don't think that it counts as type 8 if the Regenerationn/resurrection part due to the reliant object is absent.

I think that this likely depends from fiction to fiction, so we preferably need proof before we add Mid-Godly Regenerationn to every conceptual entity.

Back