• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Captain Planet have Regenerationn? If not, then what is he displaying here?

In these two pages of the Captain Planet comics published by Marvel, Captain Planet, after being dragged down underwater by Verminous Skumm's chemical fertilizer affected mutant algae (Yes, really.) & into Lake Welcome.

http://i.imgur.com/fx8OAwQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/gOIbWMb.png

However, after a "stray shaft of sunlight" suddenly "pierces the gloom", Captain Planet, after reaching it, is able to recharge himself.

Shortly after he deals with the algae by taking it to space & blowing it up, but I'm pretty sure that's less important, unless the ray he uses is of note.

Possibly, since it might be some sort of variant or combination of his fire and/or lightning powers, as it makes the ball of algae explode as opposed to merely burning, & while it's possible he's in the atmosphere I'm uncertain if fire could burn effectively enough in space to do that. Please feel free to correct me or otherwise prove me wrong, however.

When Captain Planet uses the sunlight to become "recharged", what power is he displaying? He had stated he had felt his power being sapped & that he was feeling weak, likely alluding to his weakness to pollution.

Is this Regenerationn? Some sort of Statistics Amplification? I'm unsure such powers are given consideration or note on Captain Planet's profile currently.

And I'm confident this is not the only instance of him displaying such a power; In earlier issues of the comics, he has been shown to regain his strength from things like water from a mere hose, & in the TV series, if my memory serves, clean water & sunlight can also provide similar, if not identical effects.

So I doubt this is an exclusive or one time deal.

Here is Captain Planet's profile, just in case it DOES need to be linked, if at the very least, for reference on his current powers, abilities & other possibly relevant information: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_Planet

I think that he is simply linked to and empowered by nature.

Should that be mentioned, then, in his profile? Given that events like these have allowed him to regain a considerable amount of energy lost -often to exposure to his weakness- and his current Powers & Abilities listing doesn't seem to make note of that....

Currently it's: Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Elemental Manipulation (Ice Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation), Telepathy, Immortality (Type 4 via protection from Gaia)

It's sort of mentioned in his Attack Potency I guess.

Attack Potency: At least Multi-Continent level+ (Has control over the forces of nature. Managed to hurl a nuclear power plant into the sun at relativistic speeds)

I think that you can mention this in his profile, yes.

Back