• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
We will likely soon not allow composite profiles anymore, so we might have to go by the show only then.
Ant that is outright false, Doctor Who is infamous for the openness of its canon with even the show runners claiming pretty much everything is equally canonical.

Retcons happen in every long standing franchise in that case we simply need to reconcile the retcons with what we know and go on newer information

Okay. I suppose that it will likely be given an exception like Pokemon then.

We have an ongoing staff discussion about this. That is why I mentioned it.

Anyway, about this thread, I am just saying that I am not very good at evaluating these sort of issues, and that we preferably need more staff help.

I understand that you have to be careful about the information because you're an admin, Ant.

But if we're both tired, then let's take a break for a while until we have energy, or until someone provided us a good input or evaluation, I'll ask the staff later.

Well, I'm not familiar with the series, and not the biggest expert on dimensional tiering like Sera or Ultima Reality are. So, I'm neutral for now.

You can also ask Agnaa to comment here.

Looking through the information provided, a lot of it is simply worthless for the topic. When asked for proof of whether the vortex's infinite levels transcend each other, you supplied a quote establishing that it's part of a space-time vortex (not useful at all, and doesn't establish the aforementioned levels as dimensions or qualitatively superior), as well as a dozen random & irrelevant statements of dimensions having qualitative superiority in completely different contexts.

"Higher spatio-temporal dimensions are superior to lower ones" does not prove the levels in a "There's infinite levels that construct a space-time vortex" statement are qualitatively superior to each other.

I've actually found some evidence that they aren't even qualitatively superior in this story.

According to Rummas, a tear in the Vortex only affects the Omniverse, which is essentially an infinite collection of multiverses, rather than higher-dimensions

• Rummas agreed with the Doctor's assessment. 'Yes,' he said aggitatedly. 'I honestly think we're facing a pan-multiversal rip. A scratch right through the grooves of the vortex spiral, causing jumps and gashes. And if something bleeds through from one multiverse to another...' 'Or even one universe to another,' the Doctor concluded. 'That would be enough to destroy everything. Chronologically speaking.'
  • For if breaches were to occur, if the Spiral were to become damaged in some way and allow leakage between these realities, all of creation could descend into chaos and ultimately only the Lampreys would survive.
It's heavily implied all levels of the Spiral are the same size

• A vortex made up of an infinite number of well, levels for want of a better description. And if they seem to diminish as they get towards the bottom of the vortex, rest assured, it's an illusion. For this vortex has no bottom. It is, being constructed of chronon energy, and thus temporal in nature, endless. Eternal. Bottomless, topless, middleless. It is neither linear nor multifaceted in existence. It is completely unique and is, theoretically, situated at the centre of creation. Of course, in a multiverse that expands exponentially and is unfixed and infinite in nature, a 'centre' is a theoretical and practical impossibility For millennia, scholars have tried to fathom the true nature of what they have come to refer to as 'The Spiral'. They have failed because, of course, they cannot tell whether each time they examine the Spiral they are seeing it exponentially or randomly.

@Agnaa & ByAsura

Thank you for helping out. So what do you suggest that we should do here?

I'm not sure what tier Doctor Who would be without those statements, I'd need knowledgeable members to come in and supply what the next best statements are.

@Agnaa These statements weren't used before-hand, so it wouldn't affect anything.

Hmm, since ByAsura has proved his point, so I'm agree with leaving everything as it is.

@Ant

You can close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back