• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who Canon

Makes sense, but I think the Faction Paradox series should be lowest on that totem pole. It's like semi-licensed from what I remember.

Tho as it currently stands the only feats from faction paradox we have on the profiles are the Osirians being above the time lords, which is supported by the titan comics, and the carnival queen being above grandfather paradox, who is tier 1 within faction paradox, which wouldn't contradict her rating.

Yes, they're generally written by the same people who did the episodes as well. Though, the Doctor Who film novel is non-canon.

Actually, something interesting I noticed on the doctor who website

Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie. Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish. Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games. Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.

So... faction paradox isn't even canon, at all. And the magazine is canon but less so than the books

I mean, faction paradox being non-canon means the Osirians being above the time lords can't be a thing... if not for the fact the comics also say they are.

And the carnival queen scales to faction paradox characters but she also scales to the elder gods so she wouldn't change either.

So I don't think it would change much, honestly.

The War in Heaven is referenced multiple times in canonical sources. Faction Paradox is, in fact, canon, but by a whisker.

About the canon thing, it's look like Chibnall's Timeless Children(augh) retconned Doctor Who to the point that "all stories are true". But I do not sure.

@The God Of Procrastination

There are many incarnations before the First Doctor, and they also calling themselves "The Doctor."

Basically there's a bunch of Doctors out there, they maybe hundreds, maybe thousands, some stories may happened at some point in their many lives.

Russell T Davies, who was the head writer and executive producer on Doctor Who from series 1 in 2005 to series 4 in 2007-10, and was creator and executive producer of spin-off series Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures, says that following The Timeless Children, "the idea [had] come of age", as "all stories are true."

And as I already said above, I do not sure about all of this.

Back